We have the FAQ, even what Mags yield which blast (which I'm also suggesting *may* not be complete, see my other thread on digging deep).. but not what each blast does!

I personally haven't tried trading my Mags to other classes at critical points, nor weaning mine to make sure I tag certain Mag names for blasts.. but I'm thinking about doing that very thing with 6 Mags bored in the bank. So with a goal to make the FAQ more complete while becoming a better Mag farmer I'm asking for everyone's help.

I'm at work and off-hand I really only know Terra Prime's results, but I'm guessing this could be finished very quickly with help. If you have a blast not listed.. ADD IT! and tell us what it does. Or if you note a Mag having a Photon charge that isn't already listed as such in the FAQ - I'm going from the list from it here.

Photon Blasts (see faq for mag matchup)
    -------------
    Pilla
    Estlla
    Maira&Yuura - Deband and Shifta (self)
    Golla
    Reira - Complete heal (self)
    Maira
    Faara

As you can see, the Forces list.. is.. well.. iffy. Since the mags can do Maira&Yuura for free for boss fights, and complete heal is simply a resta or 'mate click away.. these particular ones are of debatable usefulness. Of course since we area nuke one can argue those are two.. chuckles.. anyways a full list would better serve all of us Mag curious out there. I'm sure every class might enjoy this, indeed the androids might be quite happy with a long lasting shifta/deband buff NOT tied to boss fights alone, or a free complete heal every photon charge-up where they can reach it quicker than pretty much any class, while I find them disappointing as a FOmarl.

cheers,
    DCKaz

yup.. I agree. Im level 49 with a level 163 mag, with the full heal and the shifta/debrans photon blasts, and they have never been usefull; not a single time. I have never, ever cared what my photon level was. Pretty dissapointing.

Veteran Fighter

Golla= Dragon comes out and spins around. Area Effect fire attack
    Faara= Big horse looking thing with two bat'leths on his head instead of horns (spikey klingon death thing from star trek). shoots lightning at a single enemy.

Rappy Hunter

you can find all the photon blast effect on my MAG guide which can be found on gamefaqs.com or by emailed me.

Ok, that's the real reason I started this thread.. to hopefully get it added to your growing faq there

good deal

cheers,
    DCKaz

Actually, switch those around Danderdag.

Estila - Dolphin-like creature swims through the enemy. Hits all enemies in a line.

Farlla - Serpentine dragon flies in a circle and makes things go boom. Hits all enemies in a nearby radius.

Golla - Stag-like thingy attacks with lightning. Hits only one target. (I think it sucks.)

Pilla - Weird-looking thing that resembles a guy in a robe fires shots into the air that rain down on foes. Hits all enemies in a nearby radius, but larger than Farlla's I think. (My favorite! I'm pretty sure this one does the most damage. All enemies hit by it suffer a lot more damage each than I've seen with the others. Unlike the description the game gives, it hits everything, not just flying enemies.)