Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Dark Jedi Gundam Pilot

OMG! If you have IGN Insider go check out insider.ign.com for REALLY indepth coverage.. WITH VIDEOS of the GC trial. ! I'm glad I have a friend who's an Insider. This stuff is great! I'll leave you guys with a little taste of character creation...

"Remember how basic the character creation was in the original Phantasy Star Online? Not so here! Sonic Team has equipped Episode 1 & 2 with a seemingly infinite number of character creation possibilities that eclipse even Square's massively multiplayer Final Fantasy XI."
    My day has been made.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DarthWufei on 2002-06-05 19:54 ]</font>

that tasted good, but im not full yet.....please feed me more, cause igninsider i do not have. come on one more tasty new info

Dark Jedi Gundam Pilot

Ok ok ok. I'll be nice Here's a few things about the Episode II levels available.

"The Episode 2 levels are a bit strange at this point in that they aren't immediately accessible from the Pioneer 2 city area. Instead, you must warp yourself to what seems to be a hub of some form, and can then transport to one of three levels, including the mountain and seaside levels. What's the point of this middle-man area? We haven't a clue at this point, but trust things will be clearer with the final.

Whatever the case, the Episode 2 stages are classic Phantasy Star Online stuff, although with seemingly more emphasis on wider areas of play. The stages also look better than the Episode 1 stages, giving the game a somewhat unbalanced look depending on what stages you play. You will be impressed, visually, with the new stages, particularly the seaside area. "

but will this extras make it to the xbox PSO?

why is it that nobody can anwser this yet?
    that sounds cool I almsot want to get a GC for this game

but then again it's not like I have the cash

same intro movie

i would guess de x-box version would have de same levels in it....... and thanks for more info, this sounds so cool, ahhh bigger fighting areasthanks again....otay i might be sounding greedy here but i got to know do racast and other robots outside de girl robots have more custom features, besides heads and bodies...also i heard there were new kinds of lobbies, with animals in them, is this true..... sorry for making you an insider on igninsider, but i need info!!!! I NEED PSO!!

oh and i wonder if tehy still have lobby soccer in these new ones

lobby soccer was kinda fun but too laggy but I one time did a three on three game and it was great!

Dark Jedi Gundam Pilot

It didn't go into that so I dunno. They have ever encountered lobbies with monsters in them as of yet. Maybe they aren't going to be put in till the final version.

I have some questions though after watching the videos. Sometimes during leveling, beside a players ID thing (The thing that shows each player's HP and player color) some players got red or blue chips by them. Are these elemental effects or something?

Also while the character used to leveling, sometimes enemy targets appeared in green rather than red. What does that mean?

Anywho.. the videos are great. If I knew more about PSO in general, I could probably give you guys more indepth info. Anyways.. it was amazing watching their FOmarl pull off a 3 swipe combo with her rod. (I've never played a game of PSO before BTW.)

I've never played a game of PSO before BTW.)
    ahh so that explains it
    bout to say where you been

any way those red and blue chips near there names is I think it is called shiftia and deband
    one boost your attack power and one boost defense power

and why some targets are red and some are green

well the targets represent what button would be most effective on hitting the creature
    as the buttons are also the same color. say you had strong attack on X which is yellow and a spell lets say grants on B which is blue
    when the target is blue it is better to attack with the B button thus casting grants on the creature

does that help?

oh and you can customize what button does what as well

Homedoggy G-Funk

Somebody spank me cause I'm gettin spoiled.