The quest 7-1 was the first quest where I didn't know what to do. He kept summoning Hildebear and Pan Arms and I had no clue how to work around that.

Everytime I attack the Pan Arms, hyze came up with NA Guard or AB Guard. I couldn't damage the darn thing. I finnally succeed but had a Rank E.

what would have been your strategy ?

Straight jackets are all the rage this season. RavenTW's Avatar

This is the one where Hyze is using Algol's Light, right? I used Teifu with a lot of attack action cards. One thing I notice, they will ALWAYS use their guards, even if it's pointless to do so (like their monster will die anyway, or if you bring in a heavier attack next). So what I do, is a standerd attack with my weakest weapon to trick them into using their guards. Then, I pull some uber combos with my heaviest wep to tear through their now nonexistent defenses. Also, NEVER attack a Pan Arms unless you intend to do 4 damage or are trying to bait him to pull a guard. Otherwise it won't work.
    Nope, no pictures here. Move along.

Very simple answer.

Fan the Pan Arms after placing Dice Fever. And destroy Hyze with a strong 5 cost weapon as you keep fanning his creatures back.

This strategy should be very easy to carry out especially considering that their is no Deck Shuffle, so you can order your cards in any way you want. (1.Dice Fever, 2.Fan, 3.Strong weapon, 4. More fans or whatever extc ext.

Of course there are other ways with the non-shuffle, but this one worked well for me. I, too, admit that this quest gave me trouble the very first time I carried it out.

Hunting for Psycho Wand :D
    A house on a road in a street somewhere in devon

heres what i always do against these annoying guards

i have at least 2 weak items and 1 uber item like the anti android rifle or a yasminkov rifle. When attacking Hyze i always sue the weak items first so he wastes his guards on his pan arms then attack with my uber item, this'll help solve your problem of getting hits on hyze. As for the hildebear do the same thing