Ok bless my heart for being thick a pig doodoo, but I'm not sure I fully understand this combo lark.

I'm trying to combo cards together and all I seem to manage to do to put a couple of "attack" cards side by side. Or maybe I'll link it with a "slash".

Is that the right way to combo, or is this a reason why I'm so damn usless at this game???

Through the Fire and Flames

Comboing comes in many shapes and forms.

You can usually stick most of the basic action cards together, but those just have small AP gains and poor if not no ability.

You want to use cards that add multipliers on to your damage, such as SW Attack and GN Attack. You can use those on their own and in connection with other cards, and can end up adding on more damage that a normal action card. If you can combine it with an HP attack and a weapon with good HP, you can soon start doing well over 20 damage per attack for a reasonable cost

Just try out lots of different cards, but make sure they can be stuck together, remember the colours on the right and left are all important. If a card has no colour on the right, it can only be used as the last card in a combo.

Here is an example of a combo I like to use

+++
    + = 24 damage, or there abouts

Note how the blue bar on the right of HP Attack matches up with the blue bar on the left of SW Attack, your looking to match those colours up.
    An extention of this combo is to add on Beat at the end if you have enough ATK.

Excellent! I see what your doing with the combo there. So is it better to equip a mag as opposed to having multiple weapons, or am I starting to via off track here?

Also is there a way to combo as an Arkz player with the monsters? Or have I now just crashed in the baracades?

well a good combo for arkz for example is...

sinow spigel + change attack (enemy AP/HP swap) + madness =
    anything 5 or less ap will be automatically destroyed within madness range. Excluding your ally and your own stuffs, it does 2 damage thou... but we can live with that.

Through the Fire and Flames

On 2004-07-18 07:25, AngelAlys wrote:
    Excellent! I see what your doing with the combo there. So is it better to equip a mag as opposed to having multiple weapons, or am I starting to via off track here?

Also is there a way to combo as an Arkz player with the monsters? Or have I now just crashed in the baracades?
    Well Shifta Merge is a shield

Anyway, the reason I use a Shifta Merge, apart from its nice little AP increase is that it protects my MKB from attack, preserving its HP. You could switch Shifta Merge for a Kasami Bracer also. Leaving the 1 point free does enable you to use a MAG as well, but its not recommended, for you will gain 1 more AP and leave yourself open to Heavy Rampage attacks as well, but you will also make any rampage attack more effective anyway. The other bonus is that you can also use a 5 cost weapon with your Shifta Merge, which also what I sometimes do.

The final good thing about this combo is that your using it with an MKB. When its HP is switched, if its picked up a bit of damage, it will get 1 HP back. But if you dont combo, and make a kill, you will gain AP for your MKB anyway

For arkz, you can even use the same principle. If you have a PSO save on the same memorycard as your EP3 card, everyone should have a Nano Dragon, so...

++ = 27 damage not too hard to execute, and the Nano has AP growth too, so you can gain AP with it without the combo, and HP with the combo.

Fate binds us, destroys us.

Basically using 2 cards in conjunction (Like the Hidoom and Migium cards) or 2 Atk cards (Like Zane's) is comboing.

Actually, one of my more prefered nasty attacks is

This gives you Attack power a value of 9. And, if you finish off an enemy with this attack, your Partisan of Lightning gains 2 AP points, putting your next attack at 11.

Also, this pervents the 3 or more item Pierce effects.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Logical2u on 2004-07-19 06:07 ]</font>

[/quote]

Well Shifta Merge is a shield

[/quote]

Once again thanks ever so much for the advice. The pictures are excellent for a thicky like me :/

I would also like to thank you for highlighting my glaringly stupid shield/mag line in my last post... Now where's that IQ testing site???

Dont be so hard on yourself. And if you notice there are other combos too... it took me a while to understand it all.

But here is one I am going to counter my friends cheapness with. Equip a EXP decoy item, like Bhima or Brave Hammer. Set on the field dice fever on your opponent, and charity on you. (those are assists.) Then, your brave hammer will have a high edge! Unless your opponent uses some big combo that somebody else mentioned. lol

I like to use Arlan with HP atk so I can make its atk perminatly either seven or five. Its HP may stay one, but thats what DK Def is for! (you'd think it would not switch the HP perminatly, but it does!)