MMORPG Junkie

Alright, I know it is not like PSO ep 1&2
    I know it is a card game
    I know it may be boring to the average gamer

However, I am insane about card games, I enjoyed magic and currently I play megaman BCC on the GBA (i know not a card game so to speak)

Basically I need to know how deep this game gets in terms of strategy and balance. If the game is balanced, and deep I will be investing around 140ish dollars to obtain it (buy gamecube broadband adapter and game) so I really would like some good opinions.

Keep in mind I bought PSO online ep 1 and 2 today so, I am kind of bloodthirsty at the moment.

Also is cheating a problem?

Don't hit me!

Thanks

So happily unsatisfied

Bottom line, if you're a card game fan, you WILL like it. Balance, cheating, and everything else taken into consideration, you will like the game. There is strategy(There are some pretty cheap ones though, but that's the case in any card game). It's balanced more or less. Cheating is existent I believe, but is pretty much negligible.

MMORPG Junkie

Sounds like an accurate description to me thanks for the info.

Well, I like Magic too. And I'm not particularly a fan of Ep3. It's actualy closer to Yugi-Oh than to Magic. There is quite some strategy in it. I'm not too good at Yugi-Oh, but from what I know I'd say Ep3 has deeper strategy than that, but nowhere near as much as Magic.

MMORPG Junkie

I'd say thats a good thing though, sometimes the strategy in magic can out do itself for the more casual players. If you don't have the money to obtain all the cards you need or to keep up with the new sets you'll be left behind real fast :

It depends. The deep strategy of Magic will keep the game intersting for longer. Personaly, I'm already done with Ep3. And I have the PAL version!

Hunting for Psycho Wand :D
    A house on a road in a street somewhere in devon

i too play MTG i find what keeps me hooked is new opponents or new deck types and stratagies. in otherwords, if you get this game online, you'll have plenty to do

Against vs COM or 1 vs 1 it gets limited quite soon.
    But in 2 vs 2 there are enough factors to make ep3 incredibly deep.

There are many joint tactics to do. The battle maps are very important on which decks use too.
    The deep gameplay comes from 2 things.
    Deck creation and in-battle decisions. I made decks in November that i'm still polishing and updating.
    And specially in 2 vs 2 battles is a real thrill to think fast and take the best decisions in the timed turns. Minor things as where to summon an enemy, where to move or what attack first can decide a battle.
    So after 8 months playing Ep3 I can still improve.
    The deck making is maybe a bit more limited. Is easy to know about 95% of tactics but there is always a different mix to try.
    I repeat again, specially in 2 vs 2 games. There is where Ep3 shines with full light.

Ugh post got repeated 5 times O.o

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Malkavian on 2004-07-19 12:08 ]</font>