Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I heard it was free to play pso1 online, is this true? also, are alot of people still playing the first one online? does it tie in with the people playing the version 2 online? please help.

Sure. It costs as much per month as your ISP, and the electric bill (tv, console, heat/fan, etc.).

PSO v1/v2 can interact, but v1 doesn`t have as many features, so many v1 players get left out of v2 specific games.

They also can not enter the hyooge, moderately amusing/annoying lobbys below 10.

And from other rumors/posts circulating, v1 online status is still up in the air.

Only legit (its fun!) players are ver. 2, if you can find ver.2 players who will play with you.

On 2002-06-11 15:47, Drayma wrote:
    Only legit (its fun!) players are ver. 2, if you can find ver.2 players who will play with you.
    ... Some ver. 2 players aren't. Since they can't use GameShark in online for ver. 2, they can use Codebreaker and Xploder instead. Japanese ver. 2 can use GameShark in online mode.

Post Farmer (minus the S)

Well Shadow I'm still playing v1... just doing that so I don't starve without PSO until it comes out on the GCN. I figured I shouldn't pay if I'm only going to be playing it a little bit.

On 2002-06-12 10:14, nosaJ wrote:

Japanese ver. 2 can use GameShark in online mode.
    And that could explain the 2 or 3 v2ers with JP language settings I`ve seen bubble chatting in color.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: incognito32 on 2002-06-12 13:03 ]</font>

Yes, PSO version 1 is free of onlne playing charges. However you still need an ISP to play PSO online. So you will need to pay for an ISP that is compatible with the Dreamcast.

PSO version 1 and version 2 run on the same servers. Thus players of both versions can interact with each other. It's just that PSO version 2 has modes that are inaccessible to version 1. These modes include Challange Mode, Soccer Lobby, Ultimate Mode, and Battle Mode. Version 1 players are able to play with version 2 games, just as long as it is a version 1 hosted game.
    Nothing is impossible

I would kill to have ver1 back right now.
    Orange Hand. CZ-75b.

On 2002-06-12 18:49, Dangerous55 wrote:
    I would kill to have ver1 back right now.
    Yes, I too wished that I could play PSO version 1 online again. However I can't play online until I find a working free ISP. Now a days, it is hard finding a free ISP that actually works with the Dreamcast. Until then, I am stuck offline.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: CodeName62 on 2002-06-12 19:40 ]</font>
    Nothing is impossible

On 2002-06-12 19:39, CodeName62 wrote:
    I am stuck offline.

I would kill for offline ver1.

*sold DC*
    Orange Hand. CZ-75b.