Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I promised a few friends that i would write another G.H.O.S.T. Fic. So: Whitney, Mrs. W., Ames, Nate, Timi, James, Jovan. This is for you.

------------------------

G.H.O.S.T. : Hunt for Raven

Chapter One

Training a Rookie

'Sleep Mode : Input Command'

"Code Raven." One of the many Scientists nearby said.

'Waking in: 3, 2, 1...' Raven's red robotic eyes slowly turned on. Softly raising herself up, she looked around the room. It was dark, and many humans in White Clothing aplauded and shook hands, giving eachother praise over their accomplishment.

The Scientists that had spoke before stepped forward. His brown hair blew softly from the fan above.

"Ah, Raven. You are the first Android with organic enhancements. The MAG 'Devil Wings' *as it has come to be known* has been crafted into your body. We enhanced its cabilities as well: made it large, more powerful, giving you a new ability...the ability to fly." Many Scientists murmored their agreements.

Raven sat still on the metal operation table, she looked down at her hands, Photon energy lined her fingers, small metal blades replaced her fingernails. She turned her head and flapped the Devil Wings she was given softly.

'What am I?' She said in her mind, the Scientist continued to speak. Raven paid no attention.

--"You will see that we have enhanced the normal HUcaseal form, You are quicker, stronger, smarter...deadlier."--

'I, I do not want this power.' Raven spoke to herself.

--"You are going to be shipped to the Principle Goverment shortly."--

'Shipped? They feel that I am some sort of animal...'

--"Your weapon." Whispered the Scientist, and he motioned for a fellow working to bring up a Soul Banish.
    Raven hopped off the table, and took the Scythe. She could feel the power it offered. She wanted to use it.

"Your mission we have been told is to work for Tyrell, do what he says and asks." The Scientist smiled.

"A Slave am I to be?" Raven replied.

"If that is how you see it."

"I shall be no slave. I shall not serve you humans."

"It's what you were made to do, created to do..."

Raven looked into the eyes of the men and women before her,they had stopped congradulating eachother, and now focused on the HUcasel ahead of them.

"Your. Souls. Are. Mine." Raven hissed each word, and lunged at the Scientists cutting them down, feeling their life leave them she fed on it. With each Soul she consumed, the more powerful she grew.

"All right rookie, send in your division." Jane Corona whispered into her Wrist Radio. It was night out, the stars shining brightly and the moon was full. The silver light coming down from the Heavens casted a majestic glow upon the earth.

The G.H.O.S.T. had been assigned by the Hunters Guild to retrieve a HUmar being held captive in a base by the Sea Side, on Gal Da Val Island.

"All right 09, I am sending them in now." The calm voice of the recently recruited G.H.O.S.T.05 came through Jane's Wrist Radio. Looking through her small handheld telescope, 09 looking down from a nearby hill. 05 led her Division around the left side of the Base.

The new recruit was RAmarl type, and had taken over the now deceased 05's divsion, a RAmar; meeting his end in the battle against Dark Falz some time ago.

The Sea was like silverglass, as the moon shined on it, and it slowly rolled up to the coast. Looking to the east, Jane saw 08's Division move around back and take out a few guards.

Now it was Jane's turn.

Releasing Black Moon, her trusty Rifle from its holder and Jane's back, she sniped out a few guards patrolling the roof.

"Let's move boys and girls." Jane Corona said with a grin. Standing up and pocketing her Telescope and placing Black Moon back into its holder, 09 fired off her grapple gun toward to roof of the base. A few of her Division members did like-wise.

"The rest of you stay here." Jane whispered. Then she swung out toward to base. Four 09 Divsion members going with her: A HUmar, FOnewm, FOmarl, and a HUcast. With a soft thud, the five of them landed on the roof.

Moving to a nearby, airduct they entered.

"05 and her Division, have entered through the cargo bay." Jane whsipered pointing to the map of the base on her wrist. "08 and his men our coming through the Dention Block. We are to move west and meet 08 and hold off any guards that might come if an alarm is triggered, while 08 gets the HUmar free. Once that is done, heading out the front door."

"09." Spoke the HUcast, "You sure about going through the front door?"

"Yes, they would think that we might try something more majestic, and try to head us off somewhere else."

"If you are wrong?"

"Then we wing it. Let's move." Jane slowly led her followers west toward the Detention Block, a few shots good be heared and 09 knew that 08 had all ready reached the captive HUmar.

Moments later Jane and her Division members dropped down from the Airduct Shaft, into the center of the Detention Block.

"Good to see you again, Jane" 08 Whispered.

"Same goes for you Skylirr."

09 headed toward to entrance of the Dentention Block with her group, while 08 freed the captive HUmar. A few guards lay dead, near the entrance. Photon Bullet wounds to the head.

'Nice shootin' 08' Jane said in her mind. One guard came running down the hall toward the Detention Block, the 09 FOmarl let loose a foie burning him to ash.

"Very nice." The FOnewm replied.
    "Thanks, but I don't date Forces that wear tights and high-heels." The FOmarl replied.

"Jack, Liz. Not now." 09 said as she turned back to see if 08 was coming.

"Move out." 09 Whispered when she saw 08 and his men coming along with the HUmar.

The soft night air cooled the faces of the G.H.O.S.T. Operatives as they stepped outside.

05 and her Division came around from the beaches, one member was wounded.

"What happened Rookie?" Jane asked 05.

"We ran into some guards. This poor fellow took a hit in the leg. We would have been over run if it hadn't had been for the remaining Division Members you left on the hill."

Coming from behind 05, Jane's Division wore a grin of deep satisfaction on their faces.

--------------------

Err, i know its a bit long, but I hope you enjoyed it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TheOneHero on 2004-07-23 15:37 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TheOneHero on 2004-07-25 22:09 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TheOneHero on 2004-07-30 21:37 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TheOneHero on 2004-08-01 15:39 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TheOneHero on 2004-08-15 11:17 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TheOneHero on 2004-08-22 11:44 ]</font>

On 2004-07-22 21:55, TheOneHero wrote:
    "Your. Souls. Are. Mine."
    Let this be a lesson to you punk scientists. Do NOT give Androids a Soul-Stealing Scythe!

It's a nice start. I hope to see it get better.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sunblast on 2004-07-23 07:43 ]</font>

Enjoy chapter 2

-----------------

G.H.O.S.T. : Hunt fo Raven

Chapter Two

The Mission

Jane Corona sent the G.H.O.S.T. Operatives on their way after the Hunters Guild awarded them their meseta for the job they had completed earlier.

"Come on rookie, up for a drink with myself and Skylirr?" Jane asked 05 after leaving the Guild. They were in Stak 9, heading down one of the many crowded streets looking for a pub.

"I guess." Came the soft dreamy voice of 05.

"This way." Jane replied and led them away.

It was nearing Midnight now, a few wandering clouds passed by overhead. The stars sparkled like diamonds in the mass ocean of blue and black. Quickly coming to a pub, Jane pushed open the door for her friends.

"Usual for me, Stan." 09 said taking a seat when the bartender came by.

"Always the same. No change in this one." Stan said giving a wink to 05.

After they had recieved their drinks 09 looked at 05 and said, "Rookie, you got a name?" The young RAmarl, looked up, she was no older than 19, brown black hair and soft skin. her blue eyes sparkled as she replied.

"Kite." She said, "Everybody calls me Kite."

"Welcome to the G.H.O.S.T. Kite." Skylirr said and tipped his glass to Kite.

"Has 06 returned from Taki yet?" Skylirr asked after awhile. Jane looked over to him and said, "No, Jen hasn't returned yet, she is still helping rebuild Taki, since S.O.U.L. and his Sonu destroyed it. She should be done soon enough. Just wanted to make it a little safer for the people there."

"Ah." Skylirr said, taking a sip of his drink he continued, "How are you doing? Since that time you and Nathan fought?"

"Fine." Jane said it ruder than she intended. "I'm sorry. 3 months, should be plenty of time to forget past events."

"Not ones like that."

09 didn't reply, Stan the bartender came by later.

"Hear the news?" He asked sliding the G.H.O.S.T. Operatives another drink.

Jane shook her head. "Ah. let me enlighten you." Stan leaned forward and drew his voice to a whisper, "Rumor has it that in the Mountain Facility on Gal Da Val, a dozen Scientists for the Princaple Government got their heads chopped clean off by a Proto-type Android they were designing."

"What?" Jane asked hardly believing what was being said.

"That's right, just two days ago. Code name 'Raven' or something like that. I'm sure if your interested, the Guild might have more information on the matter." Stan stood back up to his normal height and started to walk away, stopping short he turned to the G.H.O.S.T.'s.

"Be careful if you go after this Android, it's not like the others..."

It was raining softly in the Forest. The trees seemed to bend over to shelter to infant and growing life below. A few animals scurried over rocks and through the underbrush.

'What am I?' Raven asked herself, crouched on the branch of a high tree. Her Soul Banish held in her right hand, was slightly rested on her back. She could feel the soft drops of rain touching her gray skin.

'First Android with oragnic enhancements...'

All that she wore was a black revealing suit and her black robotic boots. On the back of her left hand an Inscription read, 'HUcaseal Body Type, #15'

"I'm hungry." She spoke aloud. "I need to feed." The rain started to come down harder. "On Souls."

Raven jumped off the branch, flapping her Devil Wings softly she landed on the ground softly; barely imprinting the wet mud.

At dawn Jane Corona went to the Hunters Guild to check up on this 'Raven' Proto-type.

"Last news we recieved about her was just this morning. Dried bodies of Native Animals found in the Forest. Like a sort of Vampire got to them. Blood was aplenty, but to shrivel up like that." The yound girl behind the counter said, passing 09 a few pictures taken of a booma.

Deep cuts were in the side of the booma.

'This wound looks familiar.' She spoke to herself. bending down to her left leg she pulled up her pant leg some.

'The scar she had recieved when Nathan Graves had attacked her with the Soul Eater was seen across her soft tan skin.'

"What weapon was this android given?" 09 asked the blonde girl at the counter.

"Reports say a Soul Banish."

"The G.H.O.S.T. will take this job. Do you have a picture to offer me?"

"Here, this was before the Scientist took her out of Sleep Mode." The blonde girl handed 09 a small disk, a hologram reflected inside it, revealing a HUcaseal lying down.

"Thanks, what is the amount of the reward?" Jane asked, sliding the disk into her Wrist Band, where her radio and weapons were stored now, *besides Black Moon and her Photon Knives.*

"500,000."

"Give me a week." With that, Jane Corona left the Guild and pressed a button on her wrist; the picture of Raven appeared in the air.

"What in the hell did they do?!" Jane exclaimed, pressing the button again and bringing up her wrist as the image vanished. Speaking into her Radio 09 said, "Taki, G.H.O.S.T.06."

"Hello?" Came Jen's voice.

"Hello Jen, i'm going to need your help."

----------------------

I know the story is going a little slow, not much action in this chapter, hopefully it will change next time around. Hope you enjoyed it.

EDIT* Typos...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TheOneHero on 2004-07-24 16:57 ]</font>

La Chupacabra-1/2 Azn Ogre KaFKa's Avatar

wow, rapid-fire chapters...

i'm honestly not too sure about your plot path at the moment, but seeing as its only the second chapter theres plenty of time to pick it up.

pretty decent chapter, BTW, i actually read the entire thing in one sitting, i usually dont do that.

Poor seski Hucaseal (._.)

Anyway, a good start, managed to capture my interest and retain it. And don't worry about the length or the action, most of the best fictions out there are longer ones with a considerable amount of space between the fights. Though its not the most detailed of its kind, you fiction has a certain appeal that draws you into a simplistic level of pleasure.

One thing.. certain actions seem to rush into the next with little or no explanation of whats going on. Though the reader clearly understands the present of this fiction, the overall picture leaves some to be desired. You'll see what I mean if you think on it for a bit.

Keep it up, I may not post often but know that i'm reading all the while

Ah, chapter three, enjoy it, crave it, love it.

-----------------------------
    G.H.O.S.T. : Hunt for Raven

Chapter Three

The Discovery

The wind blew softly, its cool touch dancing through the blonde hair of G.H.O.S.T. Operative, Jane Corona. It was nearing dusk, as she sat on a large boulder upon a hill just outside of Stak 9. It had been a few hours since she had contacted Jen.

Clouds slowly blew across the sky; the sunsets dazzling shades of red, purple, orange, and yellow danced across the sky. Like a painting or something only seen in a dream. The heavenly colors lifted Jane's heart, letting the warmth of the sun wash over her, she closed her eyes and took it all in. The sounds, the feeling, the smell; all of it.

She had left her Rati at her apartment, now located in Stak 9.

"I won't be using it on this mission. Despite it's help, I cannot risk it...the soft glow coming from it. This time...I need the darkness." Jane whispered to herself as she opened her eyes. Jen, 06 were coming up the hill.

"Hello 09." Jen spoke cheerfully while taking a seat she continued, "I remember when we used to sit here as children."

Jane gave a hearty laugh, "Yes, I too remember that." Looking at her friend 09 continued, "I see you have changed your wardrobe some."

Jen, now wore a red-black uniform, instead of her traditional yellow-black one.

"Heh, we all need a change once and awhile."

"Yes we do."

They sat there for a few moments enjoying the sunset until 06 broke the silence, "Let me see this 'Raven' we are hired to hunt down."

Jane brought up her wrist and activated the image of Raven again.

"That's...no. I can't believe they would do something like that...What was it's purpose?" 06 asked, as Jane de-activated the image.

"Hmm, I picked up a few more bits of information after I last contacted you. I was told that she was created to serve under Tyrell."

"Highly doubtful, a android wouldn't have been so enhanced like that if it was to serve under Tyrell." Jen interrupted. Jane nodded her agreement.

"Where do you propose we start?"

"I want to head to Gal Da Val, and inspect the Mountain Facility where she was created."

"Should we contact the other G.H.O.S.T.?"

"No." Jane breathed deep, "Not now at least, this part of the mission I just want me and you on. We shouldn't get into trouble." Jane stood up and quickly added, "Not too much at least." With a wink Jen stood up after.

Raven stood up, her kill in front of her. Dried. She had taken his soul, after she had sucked away all of his happiness, his memories. What she was doing...wasn't natural.

She had killed a Force, FOmar type, one mark on him stood out above the rest. He wore a crest around his neck. A Ruby held by Silver designs en-circling it and spreading out in different directions. The image of it left a mark on Raven's mind.

'He had earned his fate.' Raven said in her mind, slowly she walked off, her Soul Banish across her back.

'He had come to close...' Animals fled at her approach.
    '...to bringing me in...I.' Raven stopped walking, 'I, want to know my purpose...my real purpose.'

The Devil Wings started to beat softly, 'And I know where to find out.' With a sudden burst of speed Raven took off from the ground and started to head east.

"Shoot it Jen!" 09 yelled to her friend as she taunted a Gibbles to come closer to her.

06 put her sight along the barrel of her Rifle Dark Star; she focused and the large enemy before her. Softly squeezing the trigger a stream of bullets flew forward and struck the Gibbles in its large and bulky skull.

Jane stepped back as the beast wobbled, then slowly came crashing to the earth. Jen came forward after placing Dark Star back into its holder.

"I always come through eh?" Jen laughed and slapped 09 on the back.

"More than always."

The two G.H.O.S.T. Operatives had reached the mountain path on Gal Da Val and were now trying to locate the Facility where Raven had been created. It was 2 hours after sunset, it was twilight now, slowly becoming night. A few mountain beasts had been seen on their way, each left the Operatives alone, except for the last Gibbles.

After a mere 30 minutes of walking the path, the Mountain Facility was seen up ahead. The gray walls reflected the light from the stars and shined a soft silver. Vegetation was all ready growing up and around the Facility. 09 and 06 had a difficult time getting through the brush to reach to doorway.

"Looks like nobody has been here since Raven left a few days ago." 06 whispered. Jane nodded and then moved forward through the door.

Something flew overhead. 06 turned and looked at the sky, for she had seen the shadow on the ground. All that returned her glance was that of the twinkling stars and slightly changing moon.

"What is it?" 09's voice asked coming from inside the Facility.

"Nothing." 06 replied, giving one final glance at the night sky before heading in, "Nothing at all."

It was dark inside the Facility, it appeared as though power had either been lost, or shut down. 09 and 06 each pulled out a Photon Knife. The red glow from the photon energy was enough to give them light to see. The sounds of Jane and Jen walking on the metal floor echoed softly in the halls.

Jane had her right hand along the wall, feeling for a doorway or another entrance to a hall. She was hardly paying attention when she felt the cut.
    She stopped and turned, holding her Photon Knife ahead of her; she saw that the wall and been cut with a curved blade.

A Scythe Blade.

"She must have not been in her right mind when she fled." 06 whispered from behind Jane.

They progressed quicker after that, soon coming to a doorway on their left they entered. It was the main control room for the Facility. Chairs and equipment littered the floor. Papers rattled as the Operatives stepped on them as they entered.

"I'll get the switch." 06 spoke softly and went about finding the switch to turned to power back on. Within moments, she had it.

"What's this?" Jane spoke softly, pointing to a filing cabinet. She walked toward it as she and 06 sheathed their Photon Knives.

Pulling opening the half-jammed drawer, Jane flipped through the files.

'Gibbles'
    'Zol Gibbon'
    'Falz'
    'Olga Flow'
    'Raven'

Jane pulled it up, and opened it slowly.

July 18,

The HUcaseal Android 'Raven' has been completed. The first of its kind to hold organic parts. Built to Suppress our last experiment that failed 6 years ago, RAmarl Jane Corona.

Jane stepped back dropping the file to the floor.

'I am...an experiment?'

"Jane, look." Came the voice of 06, turning around G.H.O.S.T.09 saw that in the doorway was their target.

Red eyes gleaming and Soul Banish held firmly in both hands; Raven watched her prey.

---------------------

Well, its 12:04 AM and im a little tired. Hope you enjoyed Chapter Three, and don't worry, theres plenty for G.H.O.S.T. Action to come. Good nite all, and thanks for your support so far.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TheOneHero on 2004-07-30 12:09 ]</font>

Thanks for the support guys, Chpater 4 should be up tommorrow late.

Ah, I'm late!

Beautifull story you've got here, and the plot is progressing quite nicely

Heres a tip.

Clouds slowly blew across the sky; the sunsets dazzling shades of red, purple, orange, and yellow danced across the sky.
    Try not to repeat descriptions, names, or places too often. If you do, the word becomes redundant, and is annoying to read over and over again.

Another example from this chapter is.

"I'll get the switch." 06 spoke softly and went about finding the switch to turned to power back on. Within moments, she had it.

"What's this?" Jane spoke softly, pointing to a filing cabinet. She walked toward it as she and 06 sheathed their Photon Knives.
    See what I mean? Be carefull with what you write, this is just something to look out for in later work

Lookin up to chapter 4!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sagasu on 2004-07-29 21:55 ]</font>

On 2004-07-29 21:52, Sagasu wrote:
    Ah, I'm late!

Beautifull story you've got here, and the plot is progressing quite nicely

Heres a tip.

Clouds slowly blew across the sky; the sunsets dazzling shades of red, purple, orange, and yellow danced across the sky.
    Try not to repeat descriptions, names, or places too often. If you do, the word becomes redundant, and is annoying to read over and over again.

Another example from this chapter is.

See what I mean? Be carefull with what you write, this is just something to look out for in later work

Lookin up to chapter 4!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sagasu on 2004-07-29 21:55 ]</font>
    Ah, thanks, maybe i should whoop out a thearouse (sp?) that might help. I will try to do better next chapter.

Theasaurus?

Indeed..

Don't press yourself too hard though, its just a handy thing to keep in mind while proof-reading your post before submitting it to psow