Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 ... LastLast

On 2004-08-11 08:36, Fireal wrote:
    Hmmm...
    In the pinned topic, it mentions that the holder of the Sealed J can see how many enemies they have killed, but the other players can't.
    I had an Sealed J a long time ago, and tried to go for the 23k unseal without unequipping (as was previously believed).
    But I didn't get a visible increase in kill count as I killed enmies one by one, also I cna't see this featured in the videos.
    So am I to assume you can't actually se how many you've killed, you just have to estimate?
    There is no actual visible on the TV kill count. There is a bit of hidden game data that counts this. By "other people seeing this" it means what their systems see when they are shown the sword, or something like that...

Yes, you do have to keep count of enemies killed.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ketchup345 on 2004-08-11 08:54 ]</font>

can you unequip it?

On 2004-08-11 10:26, FIDELCASTRO wrote:
    can you unequip it?
    Yes, you are allowed to unequip it.

The way the glitch works, if I understand correctly is ok lets say you just found an SJS and have NO kills on it. You and a friend go into a level and you use the SJS to kill 10 enemies. Now to YOU the SJS has 10 kills on it. To your friend it has 0. If you then hand the SJS to your friend and he kills 5 enemies to him the SJS has 5 kills but to you it still only has 10. You will sync up whenever the sword is banked and then taken back out. So if your friend piped up and banked the SJS and took it back out and gave it back to you, it would have 5 kills on it. So always bank your SJS before letting a friend see it or you might lose some kills.

Also, if you reach 23k and you see the USE option, you should go bank the SJS so your friends also see it as having 23k or else when you unseal it your friends will still see it as an SJS.

Very good find... After all this time there is now PROOF of it
    Reason not to CCF. Bored of listening to MP3s?

Code:
    We don't compromise. You shouldn't either. If guns kill people, then...
    -Pencils miss spel words. -Cars make people drive drunk. -Spoons made Rosie O'Donnell fat.

We've all got issues

I don't understand what the point of the description is. "Ancient sword with its power sealed by an unknown stamp. The seal opens when all techniques are used." Is that just supposed to confuse people or has that been mistranslated? That has nothing to do with killing 23,000 enemies. I know that it has been brought up before, but now were sure that its unsealed by killing.
    Btw I did search for a japanese translation in the forums but my internet speed has been quite slow lately, so it won't load.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RedXII on 2004-08-11 15:51 ]</font>

Human After All

On 2004-08-11 15:49, RedXII wrote:
    I don't understand what the point of the description is. "Ancient sword with its power sealed by an unknown stamp. The seal opens when all techniques are used." Is that just supposed to confuse people or has that been mistranslated? That has nothing to do with killing 23,000 enemies. I know that it has been brought up before, but now were sure that its unsealed by killing.
    Btw I did search for a japanese translation in the forums but my internet speed has been quite slow lately, so it won't load.
    If you're up for a good time, you should read the Ended theory thread. We discussed this very topic at length. We pretty much decided that it was just cryptic BS. The kill count is what unseals it. silly sonic team

We've all got issues

Thanks, it was a pointless question seeing how it doesn't matter. BTW congratulations Auracom, hopfully I'll unseal my sealed J soon.

Congrats on the SJ Red hehe, keep at it. Just to clarify things... you can unequip and equip as you please but kill counter will only increase if you've given the enemy the final blow. You'll take notice of this cause when you do kill an enemy you get more exp, as opposed to just tagging. Also I did nothing out of the ordinary when trying to unseal the J-Sword; just good old rare hunting and what not.

THE Z IS HAPPY! THIS IS LIKE TEH HAPPIEST DAY EVOR!

OMG OMG OMG! Now, I will find the SJS on BB with Arago, and I will unseal it with Zarode! Thank you for proving it to me, it has renewed my confidence! A legit wep that I love...