Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I need the dll file, the link in the readme is broken.... Im finding so many materials i need to track them!

You can try to search on google for the .dll file. Just copy and paste the name of it (from the read me file) and put it in the search box. Sooner or later you'll find the correct dll file. If you still cant find it, then feel free to PM me and I'll e-mail you the file.

Good luck finding it. I think it actually depends on what windows system you use if it'll fully download it properly or not. I've tried this on a few Windows XP computers and it doesn't work. On my 98 it dl'd perfectly fine. Same with my friends old computer until he got a new one(XP) then it didn't download properly. I've tried to dl that extra file and I had trouble finding a proper site to get it from. Have fun. :|

It works perfectly on all 4 of my XP machines. Maybe you could tell us which driver (dll) file it says you are missing so we can post it for you.

You may just need the VB6 runtime files which you can find HERE

If you just need the Comdlg32.ocx file you can get it HERE. make sure that you REGISTER the file. See my post below on how to do that.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2004-08-15 16:55 ]</font>

I'm pretty sure the problematic file will be COMDLG32.OCX

It has given me trouble on both my computers (98 and XP). I have reason to believe that some anti-adware programs and virus scanners tend to mistake the file and delete it (or in some cases, never even allow it to enter the system). It took a couple of tries to find one that would work correctly for me, but I got it now.

I forgot to mention that you will want to place the file into your WINDOWS/SYSTEM 32 folder.

BTW RicoRoyal which spyware programs are you using because none of the current versions of Adaware or Spybot will delete it. In fact you shouldn't have any spyware programs flagging it for any reason.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2004-08-15 16:01 ]</font>

http://www.geocities.com/ringoroyal/COMDLG32.zip

Right-click, save target as.

Once downloaded, unzip the OCX file. I found that it helps to have both the Character Manager application icon and OCX file unzipped into the same folder as one another. I have yet to experience any problems using that method.

EDIT: VioletSkye beat me to it
    As to what programs I had running, I cant say for sure anymore. On my XP system, the file never actually came with the Character manager zip. On my 98 system, I downloaded one too many spyware programs and cant say with any certainty which one I suspect of deleting the file (the file did originally exist until I ran the programs).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RicoRoyal on 2004-08-15 16:01 ]</font>

VS- Having the file in my System32 folder made it so that it wouldn't run. In order to have it run, I had to have at least a copy of the file in the same folder as Character Manager.

Also, this file is found in one of PSOProxy's folders (I believe it was the zip folder, not 100% though).

On 2004-08-15 16:00, Ketchup345 wrote:
    VS- Having the file in my System32 folder made it so that it wouldn't run. In order to have it run, I had to have at least a copy of the file in the same folder as Character Manager.

Also, this file is found in one of PSOProxy's folders (I believe it was the zip folder, not 100% though).
    Hmmm, thats strange lol. Its good that you mention it though in case others are having trouble with it. Having it in the same root folder will definitely make it work, I'm just not sure why it wouldn't work for you after its placed in your system 32 folder. Did you register the file? Also did you try placing it in both the system and system 32 folders and then registering them?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2004-08-15 16:06 ]</font>

On 2004-08-15 16:03, VioletSkye wrote:
    Did you register the file?
    I'm fairly sure I don't know how, so I'm guessing it isn't registered...

How would I go about registering that? And would that guarentee that it can be in the System32 folder and not needed in the same folder?