Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

PLEASE SCROLL TO THE BOTTOM OF THIS POST FOR A LIST OF NEWS AND UPDATES

Lastest news and/or update: February 6, 2005

Before presenting this to you all, I would like to first thank cHaOzMaZtA and Quo for all the hard work and dedication that they put into making this guide. I had a great time getting pissed off and frustrated constantly at all those little obstacles that got in our way. It was great working with you two. You two are some of the most professional, hard-working, obsessive bastards ever. If the opportunity ever presents itself again (oh god, I hope not ), I would like nothing more than to be able to work with you two on yet another guide (noooooooooo! )

To the PSOW community, I think I speak for chaos and quo when I say... ENJOY!

NOTE: You will require Adobe Reader to view the PDF files.
    You can download it for free at http://www.adobe.com or by clicking the nifty little button below.

---START GUIDE---

cHaOsMaZtA's, RicoRoyal's, and Quo's Ultimate Max Stat Guide

Hello, folks! This is cHaOsMaZtA speaking. This is the ultimate max stat guide. I got the idea for this guide when I noticed several problems with FurryBagi's max stat guide, which was being quoted as the one to use around PSOW. I made a thread in Mag, Quest, Item, and Section ID, and then RicoRoyal and Quo offered to assist me. And that's how we got to where we are right now. We had several goals for this guide. We wanted to give people a variety of the most efficient, accurate, and practical methods for maxing or getting as close as possible to maxing a character's stats. We used a couple of guidelines while trying to accomplish the mentioned goals.

1. Use as few armor slots as possible
    2. Use as few God/Abilities as possible, but not at the cost of using another armor slot
    3. Balance Mag and Mat Stats so that it is possible to get a rare mag.

There are several things to keep in mind when using this guide. Most of the characters in this guide have several different methods which they can use to max their stats. Most of these methods use a certain number of God/Abilities, as well as a corresponding God/Unit. The purpose of this is to give the reader different options in case they ever need another slot open. The God/Unit chosen will determine which single stat is to be sacrificed for the extra open slot. If the character has leftover materials, you could use them toward the stat that is getting sacrificed when you remove the God/Unit, thus reducing the stat deficit. For example, on the HUmar, all of the methods use 1 God/Ability and another different God/Unit. I like the God/Mind method, because MST isn't that important to Hunters, and when you use the extra mats toward mind, you can take off the God/Mind and MST will only be 14 points away from max.

Four of the characters, the HUnewearl, the RAcaseal, the FOnewm, and the FOnewearl, have more complex methods than the others. They use a thing we call sub-methods. That means there are groups of methods that use the same material diet, but use different mags and units. Each sub-method has different roles, such as giving a character the best stats for meleeing or maxing out a character's MST for tech casting, and you can switch between them by just changing the mag and the slot units. If you don't understand, then look over one of those characters, and see what I'm talking about. If you still don't understand, well, then that's too bad .

There is one more thing to keep in mind. All fleshie (human or newman) characters can do something rather useful. The POW and MIND mag levels and material numbers are interchangeable. For example, let's say a certain method calls for a mag with def5/pow95/dex50/mind50 and these materials: power 50, mind 95. If you needed to, you could have 45 less POW levels and 45 more MIND levels, and 45 more power materials and 45 less mind materials. You can manipulate this to do whatever you need, if it is possible.

Well, that's it for the introduction and explanation. Off to the guides!!

Click on character name to access PDF file:

HUmar
    HUnewearl
    HUcast
    HUcaseal
    RAmar
    RAmarl
    RAcast
    RAcaseal
    FOmar
    FOmarl
    FOnewm
    FOnewearl

Complete PDF Guide (includes introduction and credits)

Credits

RicoRoyal
    - Made RAcast, HUcast, HUnewearl, FOnewearl, and FOnewm guides
    - Checked cHaOsMaZtA's and Quo's work
    - Edited the guide once I compiled it
    - Converted guide to PDF format
    Quo
    - Made HUcaseal, FOmar, FOmarl, and RAmarl guides
    - Checked cHaOsMaZtA's and RicoRoyal's work
    - Edited the guide once I compiled it
    cHaOsMaZtA
    - Made HUmar, RAmar, and RAcaseal guides
    - Checked RicoRoyal's and Quo's work
    - Compiled all the individual guides together

Special thanks to
    - FurryBagi for encouraging us all to make a new max stats guide
    - Eihwaz and Link00seven for allowing us to host our PDF files while waiting for this to get turned into an official guide (thanks while it lasted)
    - Ian-KunX for encouraging us to create more mag- and unit-friendly methods
    - VulpesMundi and Primrose for encouraging RicoRoyal to fix FOnewm errors
    - Anuminus for wanting to be part of this guide and for actually caring about what we were doing
    - Everyone who encouraged the creation of this guide, as well as those who provided feedback during revision stages (you know who you are)

Very big thanks to PSOW for all information pertaining to mags, character stats, and units.

---END GUIDE---
    • News and Updates
    • February 6, 2005:
      Very important news today, so pay attention! It appears that our guide has one very prominent error. As it turns out, God/Legs unit adds a whole 50 EVP, as opposed to 40 EVP, which is what we once believed it to add. The item database here at PSOW has it listed as adding 40 EVP, but various outside sources have proven that information to be incorrect. The error has not yet been fixed in the PDF files available through this guide. Please take this error into account while planning your material diets.

The error affects the max stat guides for the following classes:
      HUmar
      HUcast
      RAmar
      RAmarl
      FOmar
      FOmarl

This EVP boost error actually proves more beneficial towards most of the max stats methods. Taking the added 10 EVP into account, your characters will have an extra number of materials left over. The only downside to our error is that the HUcast God/Legs method may appear to be more useful than it really is. The method still works, but the method is rather wasteful. Approach with caution. We are working hard towards fixing the error within the PDF files. Expect an update on the situation very soon.
    • January 25, 2005:
      The links to the pdf files have been fixed, after having been deleted without warning by their original host. Thanks goes out to TheOneHero for pointing the error out. If you, the reader, find anymore errors, please feel free to PM the creators of this guide, and we will be more than happy to adress your concerns.

As an added bonus for the trouble, the "complete" guide is now available for download in a single PDF file that can be found right after the individual character PDF links. Enjoy.

UPDATE (same date):
      Ignore this. Geocities sucks ass anyway

2nd UPDATE (same date):
      Huge thanks goes out to Ian-KunX for allowing us to host the PDF files on his webspace. All you kiddies make sure to thank Ian on your way out of our thread. Be thoughtful while downloading. If you think you'll need to continuously reference the guides, then please download said guide(s) onto your Hard Drive rather than causing Ian any headaches with your incessant clicking .

Thanks, everybody!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RicoRoyal on 2005-02-06 18:04 ]</font>

My god, that is simply....stunning...

Everything is so well done, I really am lost for words, I think 'well done' is a furious understatement...

Congratulations on finishing such an amazing piece of work; you are all without a doubt a great asset to PSOW.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Antimony on 2004-08-19 02:15 ]</font>

(optional)

great guides! have a... panda!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garm on 2004-08-19 02:30 ]</font>

these are very good indeed. and vulpes is still around?

hm, take a while since i last heard of you planning, but you guys did are now done, nice job!
    i'll have this stickied for reference

Blink & you might miss it! ;3

Oh, keep sig at 600x180 px & 49KB, yah?

The Tooth Fairy

Im impressed, this looks very detailed and leaves space for choices.

My opinion in general is, play for yourself and calculate the things on your own, people all have different preferences.
    I remember Kef saying God/Ability sucks. But in my opinion its the best unit since it adds 20 to all stats bar ATA, so overall it adds more stat points than any other unit, but hes argument was that he doesnt "feel" the difference with a bonus of 20 to all stats, so he rather goes for, say God/Power, which adds anough ATP for him to see a difference. Also, many like the new Episode 1&2 special mags and adept their material diet to the mag stats.
    But like i said, its my opinion, that just comes from the fact that i never use guides, but discover things on my own, that doesnt mean that the guide aint excellent, its great really, thumbs up.

One minor mistake though, all classes can be maxed out with a few tricks. FOnewms and FOnewearls can be maxed with the help of Red Ring, Blue Ring (if you stand next to another person with Blue Ring) and a few force weapons.
    HUnewearls can only be maxed out with the help of Blue Ring (again, by standing next to another person with Blue Ring).
    But thats just a minor thing, since Red Ring stays a mistery and Blue Ring is only for PSO Plus players.

...And unfortunately Force Wall has a glitch and doesnt add MST in Episode 1&2, but it stays unreleased anyway.

(optional)

uhm why does the racaseal guide say she can use 250 mats? she can use 150 >_<

edit: its just a typo, she does uses 150 mats. but it says leftover mats 0/250

2nd edit: now i made a typo >_<

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garm on 2004-08-19 06:02 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garm on 2004-08-19 06:03 ]</font>

Breathtaking...

but one thing sucks about those guides: it's too damn fucking late for me !!!!

That is excellent work, indeed.

great job guys.. your work is very appreciated!

Glad to know our work is appreciate!!

Sorry it took so long Dhylec, but it was alot of work! And also, sometimes you just get lazy, or even have to do stuff in real life!

But I'm glad it's finished, and I'm happy with the final product. But we couldn't have done it without PSOW and everyone's support. Laterz