Thread: Free play UK?

Not expecting many replies, I imagine we in the UK player-base to be the minority around here.

My questions...

Was the PAL version of PSO v2 always free to play? Or was it due to some service shutdown regarding sega-europe?

How many UK players would be willing to play Game Cube PSO if it means suddenly having to pay? =)

Personally I've played quite a few MMORPGs (whether or not you class PSO as one is your business)and all have monthly fees. What features are available in Game Cube PSO that would make you choose it over...let's say, Star Wars Galaxies?

Forgive my lack of research...
    Is anyone able to tell me whether or not Game Cube PSO will have BBA support in anticipation for the release of the hardware itself?

Thanks for your time =)

A Good Read >>>

Not expecting many replies, I imagine we in the UK player-base to be the minority around here.
    I'm from the UK!!!
    Was the PAL version of PSO v2 always free to play? Or was it due to some service shutdown regarding sega-europe?
    I got the import V2 on the DC back in July of 2001, but yeah, the European version was free to play, from what I understand.
    How many UK players would be willing to play Game Cube PSO if it means suddenly having to pay?
    I'm getting the import of EI & II in August, so PTP is not and never will be a big problem for me.
    Personally I've played quite a few MMORPGs (whether or not you class PSO as one is your business)and all have monthly fees. What features are available in Game Cube PSO that would make you choose it over...let's say, Star Wars Galaxies?
    The only online game I've ever truly dedicated time to is PSO. I've never been big on PC-gaming, so I can't really answer that.
    Forgive my lack of research...
    Is anyone able to tell me whether or not Game Cube PSO will have BBA support in anticipation for the release of the hardware itself?
    Yes, it has been confirmed that the Japanese version of GC PSO will have BBA support. The BBA will launch shortly after the game and 56K modem, but I wouldn't hold your breathe on Nintendo releasing it in Europe. It'll be a few years on if they do.

Crazy Awesome Old Potato Man Guy HAYABUSA-FMW-'s Avatar

There are plenty of UK players out there on PSO!

PSO v2 EU online was always free of charge(lucky devils).

Go jump on the bandwagon before its too late! Everyone on this site may attest to PSO being a great game or ultimate time waster!

Im from UK as well.....

but yea, im gonna import epi1&2, so HL isnt a problem for me either. but if EU Epi1&2 doesnt need HL, then i mite just start over in the EU version