Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    One Secksy Robot :3

I havent been here for about a year and a half, but about two weeks ago I've been recieve typically 7 emails a day containing viruses. At the time I didn't know who was sending them, until I decided to search for some of the emails. At first I thought it was coincedence that an email adress was from a member here, but then I got one from [email protected] . The virus from all these emails of members and the site is WORM_NETSKY. Anyone have a clue of what's going on?

Umm, I really don't think Gmail is the psow email. Last I knew it was tomeboy that sent all the psow e-mails. So someone's pulling a hoax on you.

On 2004-09-09 16:50, Eanae wrote:
    Umm, I really don't think Gmail is the psow email. Last I knew it was tomeboy that sent all the psow e-mails. So someone's pulling a hoax on you.
    Check the side bar. They changed the E-Mail address (to a G-Mail one). The tomeeboy one was out of date (he stopped with this site before I joined).

But they are sending viruses/virae?

Customary AWESOME Title Solstis's Avatar

On 2004-09-09 17:04, Ketchup345 wrote:
    On 2004-09-09 16:50, Eanae wrote:
    Check the side bar. They changed the E-Mail address (to a G-Mail one). The tomeeboy one was out of date (he stopped with this site before I joined).

But they are sending viruses/virae?
    Seems like they got a worm.

Thats odd... I wonder if someone got ahold of the account?

I haven't gotten any viruses from the email.

Here is some info on the NETSKY WORM (its russian btw.)

Gmail as you probably already know is Google's beta test email service, so its interesting that it appears in your email info.

Hmmm...

We were having a discussion of this in the #psow...

eRUPT said he'd address the problem.

Through the Fire and Flames

Actually, I just read something which might prove something...

I was reading some info on in game mailing (for WoW), where it said you had to make sure you got the name of the recipiant exactly right, including capitals, "Just like a real email address".

So effectivly sending mail to Bob and bob would send mail to 2 different people.

The Gmail acount psow uses is [email protected], not [email protected]

I think its best that we get a concrete address, cause stuff like this could confuse it all. Although it would seem odd that whoever is using [email protected] happens to know your email address and that your registered at psow anyways =/

Pink Haired Gothic Lolita Arislan's Avatar

Also realize that if anyone that knows you, and has sent a mail to PSOW has a virus that attaches itself to Outlook's Contacts, it may very well seem as if it's being sent by someone else in that contact list.

IE, it's very possible that it's not the GMail account sending it, but it being spoofed to look as if it is, so that you are more likely to open it, given that it's by someone you *know*.

One Secksy Robot :3

The Gmail acount psow uses is [email protected], not [email protected]
    It was from [email protected]. I just added the capital since I'm used to typing email addresses like that.

A quick note, I don't actually get to read the emails. Juno sends a mail telling me an email containing a virus had been sent, then displays the "To:", "From:" and "Virus:". Some of the senders included(of the top of my head) [email protected] , [email protected] (though that seems like a fake mail, It still says I recieved it from there), and [email protected] . I'm not try to blame these people, and I doubt they had anything to do with this. Again, I just wanted to bring this to attention.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Fuchikoma on 2004-09-10 16:24 ]</font>