Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Find out from the people you ordered/plan to order the game from what their return policy is. For this example, let's just assume everyone is using NCSX, who will let you return items as long as they are still sealed. When you get your PSO stuff in August, check hey.to/pso, Mamak, PSO World, etc. and see if there is a tutorial for getting online. Also verify that there is an English language option. If by some strange chance people in the U.S. cannot connect to the servers, or there is not an English language setting, you can easily return your items. However, if you CAN connect and there IS an English language option, you'll already have the game and you can just rip it open and get everything set up. This is what I am doing, and I strongly suggest you all do the same. After all, it would suck major ass if you opened the game to try and figure this stuff out for yourself and realized you couldn't get online and play in English.

Hotties Inc.

Agreed, but I can't think why they'd change the language option. After all, PSO v1 and v2 both came with English as an option.

Still, I take your point

~B.

No offense, but this is really a retarded and useless post. Those of us importing know what we're doing.

most of us. there are some that won't get it.

I also know what I'm doing. There has been no OFFICIAL word from Sonic Team that there is an English language option, and they could also figure out how to block importers from connecting on the final version(though it is highly unlikely).

I made this topic so that people who were unsure about importing because of these things could have a solution. Import the game and keep it sealed until everything they need to know has been VERIFIED. I know many people who have pre-ordered the Japanese version but don't understand a word of Japanese. I would hate to see them pay for a game, tear it open, pop it in, and realize there is no English language option and be stuck with a copy of the game they can't understand.

Although I'm sure there will be an English language option and that we will be able to connect from the U.S., this is simply a safety precaution that I thought people might like to know. If you don't agree with it, shut up and don't reply.

Importers will find away to get online....rest assured. T_T^

I love the cutest girl at Hinata-Sou FinalMasterM's Avatar
    On top of the roof, looking at the sky, with Shinobu.

On 2002-06-28 11:31, TeamPhalanx wrote:
    No offense, but this is really a retarded and useless post. Those of us importing know what we're doing.
    Whoa, don't be so harsh on the guy, he makes a very good point. I'd still play even if there was no english option.

Sonic team make worldwide games, it's the way they have always made games. PSO will have an english language option it's an almost certainty. I have sonic adventure battle on gamecube the japanese version and it has an english language option just like every other sonic team game.

It's doubtfull that sonic team will block importers, it would have been very simple for them to do so on v2 yet they didn't. At the end of the day it's still money in there pockets no matter where it came from.
    All of this blocking importers stuff came from FFXI which didn't even block importers, people just had a few problems logging on with a certain version of the browser software.

HL shouldn't be a problem either people have bought them for v1, v2 and pc pso with no problems i don't see that changing for gc pso.

Hotties Inc.

We (and I include myself in this) seem to be throwing assumptions around like you wouldn't believe.
    It COULD be that the JP version will NOT include English text. Unlikely, yes, but not impossible.

Also, there's no point in importers getting online if they can't understand a word of what is written.

I take the post as I think it was meant - a warning that it may not be that easy for us to get on next time, and to wait and CHECK. If I've misunderstood this, please correct me

~B.