Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

On 2004-09-12 11:56, NickG wrote:
    Well the drop rate for good items increases with every mode, so it would be logical to play at lease in Hard Mode. Plus, you will eventually have every item possible in Normal mode (spells, Rares, Units), so it's pointless to do it just for cash.

Like I said before, I just want to finish EP2 before moving to Hard Mode. I should be around Lv 40 by then, which is a fair Lv for a Fonewarl.

But I'll have to agree with you on the EP2 item drops rate. Enemies are pretty cheap in EP2, they hardly leave squat, in Normal mode anyway.
    1) Not all items are availible in higher difficulties, some items are exclusive to Normal; such as the S-Parts 2.01 and the Invisible Guard, both of which have insanely difficult drops.
    2) I suggest against this. Play through Episode 1 at one difficulty higher, then go back and play through Episode 2 (at least the later parts, such as Seabed). Playing Episode 1 then Episode 2 in the same difficulty is very tough, and not easy to do for most people (and the ones that do almost always tweak).

On 2004-09-12 12:02, NickG wrote:
    Well aware of the little Edit button, I use it a lot. But those were 3 different replies from 3 different users, so I made 3 different replies myself, got a problem with that?

And if you're trying to help your friends when you're at a very high level compare to them, you're not really helping them. A tutorial is good, but they should play with people with an average of more or less 5 Lv of difference. Also, the offline quests (AKA Single player quests in BB) are a great way to earn levels, items and cash while being a little easier for a new character and player.
    Yes I do have a problem with that, especially since they were all within a 7 minute timespan. You use 1 reply for all 3 posts. Use the copy and paste ability (like I am doing for this post).

I disagree with the level thing too. You can be at a much higher level than other players in the team, and still help them greatly. You can give them a tutorial, and help them gain EXP and other valuable items.
    Example: TTF.
    I'm level 134. I play with level 10s in Normal TTF. They can kill the normal enemies, and tag the bosses. They will earn EXP (both for the character, and themselves by learning tactics). This may be slightly different in BB, but it still applies. Like Saiffwin said, they may be rushing a friend to a higher difficulty.

On 2004-09-12 12:05, NickG wrote:
    Again, it's practicly the same thing. And I'm not bashing this in particular, I'm bashing the people who won't play because they find EP2 difficult.

I'll admit, the timed quest for VR Quest 5-4 and 6-4 are a pain, but they're not impossible.
    Many people just don't like Episode 2. In GC and I'm pretty sure XBox, Espiode 1 is/was where about 75%+ of the (non-C-Mode) games took place. Episode 2 has less good drops (though the good ones are very good), and is more annoying to play through. Episode 1 is also generally better for EXP. Most players find no need for Epiosde 2 besides hunting a few select items.

1) Not all items are availible in higher difficulties, some items are exclusive to Normal; such as the S-Parts 2.01 and the Invisible Guard, both of which have insanely difficult drops.
    2) I suggest against this. Play through Episode 1 at one difficulty higher, then go back and play through Episode 2 (at least the later parts, such as Seabed). Playing Episode 1 then Episode 2 in the same difficulty is very tough, and not easy to do for most people (and the ones that do almost always tweak).
    1) Somehow, I doupt that everyone who finished EP1 on Normal Mode in BB are playing it again and again just to find a couple if items. Like with most things in life, you find rare items when you're not looking for them or don't need/want them. I don't think you understand those ratios, 1 out of 10 chances of getting an item from a monster doesn't means that you'll get an item if you kill 10 in a row, it means that each one of those monsters will give you 1 out of 10 chances. If those ratios are 1 out 10 000, well you're just gambling.

Also, I played PSO DC V1, PSO PC and PSO XBOX before moving to BB. I can say for certain that most people I've, went to a higher difficulty once they reached the unlocking level. Agin, the point of this game is to level up, not to stay behind.

2) Man I'm sorry, but you are weak. Going from EP1 Hard to EP2 Normal is just playing weak. EP2 is NOT that much harder. Again, I'm playing with a Fonewearl at Lv 37 and the only thing I find difficult are those timed quest and that's not because I can't kill those monsters, it's because I can't kill them fast enough.

Yes I do have a problem with that, especially since they were all within a 7 minute timespan. You use 1 reply for all 3 posts. Use the copy and paste ability (like I am doing for this post).

I disagree with the level thing too. You can be at a much higher level than other players in the team, and still help them greatly. You can give them a tutorial, and help them gain EXP and other valuable items.
    Example: TTF.
    I'm level 134. I play with level 10s in Normal TTF. They can kill the normal enemies, and tag the bosses. They will earn EXP (both for the character, and themselves by learning tactics). This may be slightly different in BB, but it still applies. Like Saiffwin said, they may be rushing a friend to a higher difficulty.
    Tell what, you reply you way, and I'll reply my way.

There's a reason why Sonic Team decided to have the difficulties to be unlocked when you reached a certain level, it's because it's time to move on. In Blue Burst, you need to be at Level 30 and have done all the Goverment Quests in order to do so. Back in previous versions, the level required you to be at level 20. I gave solutions for the new players in my previous reply, so I shall not repeat myself.

I'll admit that alone, it can be hard to do some of the quests, hard but not impossible. Then again, PSO is suppose to be a team game, so if 4 weak players team up for on Hard Quest, then things do become a lot easier.

Many people just don't like Episode 2. In GC and I'm pretty sure XBox, Espiode 1 is/was where about 75%+ of the (non-C-Mode) games took place. Episode 2 has less good drops (though the good ones are very good), and is more annoying to play through. Episode 1 is also generally better for EXP. Most players find no need for Epiosde 2 besides hunting a few select items.
    Well I did play XBOX a couple of months, but the screaming kids and the hackers pretty much made me sale my copy of the game on eBay. I do not recall having any problems finding players for EP2, I finshed both episodes Online with a least two other players every time (hardly ever with the same people BTW).

As for the item drop rates for EP2, I did agree with that earlier (you might want to scroll back up). And ss for the EXP, I personally found that I gain more EXP in EP2. I think it may be because there's more enemies per chamber, not sure, I haven't counted.

Yeah. And your way will get you in trouble with the mods. So I suggest you don't post 3 times in a row anymore unless you wish to feal thier wrath.

And how you play is all a matter of opinion. Stop flamming people for how they play. You play your way, and they can play theirs. You sure they're not playing with you becsue you play episode two? Because im sure now they arent playing with you because you act like a jack ass to every one who states their opinion.

Ketch, they've changed the exp given. Ep2 is now unquestionably far better exp per monster than Ep1. Consider that, for example, a Hard Temple Lily gives around the same exp as a Hard Ruins Dimenian.

NickG, calling people weak for helping out their friends? For having the dedication to hunt for things that will be VERY useful to them? Invisible Guard in and of itself sucks, but the Safety Heart you make from it is a fairly good shield, especially for female Forces. So the people who are looking for it are 'weak'?

You seem to be the 'weak' player here, NickG. You have no concept of the dedication it takes to hunt for rares so your character will have good items to use - You're the kind of person who decides to do 50 runs of WHITILL Heat Sword to look for a Handgun: Milla and then quits after that, aren't you? Did you get all of your GC equipment from Vega? Oh, and while things like Invisible Guard may not help you level in the hunt, things like, say, Soul Banish will. Thus making you stronger while you hunt for them... Do you understand my meaning?

And most of the BB players are not new by any stretch of the imagination, they're transplants from the GC/Xbox/DC/PC versions. I've got a L145 FOmar, a L130 HUmar and a L119 RAmarl, among other characters, on GC. I know the ropes, and I know what I'm doing. I also have a life and go to college over full-time. My highest levelled BB char is 45. And yes, my higher-levelled friends will show up to help me through a quest or an area. Am I weak? No, it's merely that my character's current stats are not suited to half of what I try to do because I'm used to doing it on GC. Heh.

Within five levels... Ah, cute, adorable! So I shouldn't play with my L170+ friends on GC with my L145 FOmar? Wow, what a truely asinine statement this is! Do you think before you post, my child, or do you just open up your mouth and shit out the first thing that comes to mind?

If anyone on BB is 'weak', it's you. I suggest you go back to your cute little GC version where you can go swing your duped TJ-sword with all your 'strong' friends, assuming that with your attitude you actually have any.

PSUJP: Nai Calus, M. B. 176 FI 20 | Elly, F. N. 42 FT 5 Requiescat in pace.

Yeah. And your way will get you in trouble with the mods. So I suggest you don't post 3 times in a row anymore unless you wish to feal thier wrath.
    Ya, that will really break me in tears. Do you know how many messageboard accounts I have all over the net, all of them with different alias? One more, one less, won't stop me from speaking my mind.

And how you play is all a matter of opinion. Stop flamming people for how they play. You play your way, and they can play theirs.
    Do you even recall the original topic of this conversation? Guessing no (Edited the original message and left you a message for you to point out where it starts). I was asking on people's opinion about why people who passed the unlocking level would still play Normal mode and why there are so many players avoiding EP2

You sure they're not playing with you becsue you play episode two? Because im sure now they arent playing with you because you act like a jack ass to every one who states their opinion.
    Actually Eanae, I'm one of the Friendliest and helpful player you could ever play with. Even players who can't understand me like the Japanese gamers on Blue Burst thank me after a good game, I have the Guild Cards to prove it (and no, I never ask for them, they just send me their Guild Cards).

I act like a Jackass when I need to answer to a Jackass; I call it the mirror affect.

Anyway, I'm going to go play BB now, anyone got something else to say, leave me a message.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: NickG on 2004-09-12 14:28 ]</font>

On 2004-09-12 14:18, Ian-KunX wrote:
    Ketch, they've changed the exp given. Ep2 is now unquestionably far better exp per monster than Ep1. Consider that, for example, a Hard Temple Lily gives around the same exp as a Hard Ruins Dimenian.

NickG, calling people weak for helping out their friends? For having the dedication to hunt for things that will be VERY useful to them? Invisible Guard in and of itself sucks, but the Safety Heart you make from it is a fairly good shield, especially for female Forces. So the people who are looking for it are 'weak'?

You seem to be the 'weak' player here, NickG. You have no concept of the dedication it takes to hunt for rares so your character will have good items to use - You're the kind of person who decides to do 50 runs of WHITILL Heat Sword to look for a Handgun: Milla and then quits after that, aren't you? Did you get all of your GC equipment from Vega? Oh, and while things like Invisible Guard may not help you level in the hunt, things like, say, Soul Banish will. Thus making you stronger while you hunt for them... Do you understand my meaning?

And most of the BB players are not new by any stretch of the imagination, they're transplants from the GC/Xbox/DC/PC versions. I've got a L145 FOmar, a L130 HUmar and a L119 RAmarl, among other characters, on GC. I know the ropes, and I know what I'm doing. I also have a life and go to college over full-time. My highest levelled BB char is 45. And yes, my higher-levelled friends will show up to help me through a quest or an area. Am I weak? No, it's merely that my character's current stats are not suited to half of what I try to do because I'm used to doing it on GC. Heh.

Within five levels... Ah, cute, adorable! So I shouldn't play with my L170+ friends on GC with my L145 FOmar? Wow, what a truely asinine statement this is! Do you think before you post, my child, or do you just open up your mouth and shit out the first thing that comes to mind?

If anyone on BB is 'weak', it's you. I suggest you go back to your cute little GC version where you can go swing your duped TJ-sword with all your 'strong' friends, assuming that with your attitude you actually have any.
    Good thing BB just crashed or I would have missed that reply.

Of all the nerves, how dare you, you sorry little bastard. Insulting me by saying I own a GAMECUBE, how dare you ?!?! I would rather spend $100 on M&Ms than on this excuse for a Christmas tree ornament

And as for the rest, you are wrong on so many levels that I do not know where to begin, but here goes anyway.

Where exactly did I say that it was weak to help a friend? Nowhere, that's one comment out from your ass. I said you should let your friends gain the gameplay experience for themselves by playing with others that are on the same level.

Also, I don't know why people like you make such big fuss with rares. You know, it is very possible to master this game without rare items. I've seen hackers on XBOX who made Lv 100 characters with Wings and all the best rares, and still couldn't survive the final boss fight in EP2. Skills is what's important, if you find a rare item, good for you, but if your survival depends on how many rare items you find, then you are indeed weak.

I do not hunt for items because I don't believe in the odds of finding something rare, I just grab whatever lies on the ground and sell it later on, that's how I make my cash to buy the stuff I require like Spells, fluids and shields. So you're entire 3rd paragraph, also came out of your ass.

I don't recall saying anything about BB players being new to PSO; again, this came out from your ass. I've been playing Street Fighter for years and I still consider myself weak, but I still play it and I'll still be weak when I play the upcoming Capcom Fighting Evolution. A person can stay weak no matter how many times they tried something.

It was when reading your fifth paragraph that I realized that the reason why you replied in the first place was because you felt targeted by the original topic. Anyway, ever heard of the old saying "Give a man a fish, you'll feed him for a day, teach a man to fish and you'll feed him for life"? That's pretty much the case for PSO. Even if you know the ropes of PSO but you've never played at a certain difficulty, it's still new to you. By letting your friends at a higher Level help you is not going to teach you how to survive alone or with players who are at the same level as you. Doesn't matter if you won't accept it, but facts are facts. A player at Level 5 who hits the Dragon will do little damage in comparison to the player at level 40. The Dragon will die faster and the player at Level 5 won't have gain the knowledge of his/her current state, about how much damage each attack of Dragon can do damage wise and all. Even if you take that scenario and bring it to Very Hard Mode, it still works.

Anyway, if you're willing to back up your word on whose weak, come and meet me on Blue Burst. I'll be there starting after 19:30 Eastern Time and my Fonewearl's name is "Fuu"

On 2004-09-12 13:34, NickG wrote:
    1) Somehow, I doupt that everyone who finished EP1 on Normal Mode in BB are playing it again and again just to find a couple if items. Like with most things in life, you find rare items when you're not looking for them or don't need/want them. I don't think you understand those ratios, 1 out of 10 chances of getting an item from a monster doesn't means that you'll get an item if you kill 10 in a row, it means that each one of those monsters will give you 1 out of 10 chances. If those ratios are 1 out 10 000, well you're just gambling.
    Some people want to get some of those items from normal (Invisible Guard and S-Parts 2.01), and they stay there until they get them.
    I know how the drops work. I know that everytime you kill an enemy the game rolls a theoretical x sided die where x is the chance of the item appearing. So for a 1 in 10 chance, the game would "roll" a 10 sided die, and only 1 side has the rare. The drop charts give an average, and the higher the average, the harder the drop, no? Or the game predetermines the drop, but the chance the rare is predetermined is the average. (I forgot which one is used).

Also, I played PSO DC V1, PSO PC and PSO XBOX before moving to BB. I can say for certain that most people I've, went to a higher difficulty once they reached the unlocking level. Agin, the point of this game is to level up, not to stay behind.
    Your "friends" never helped anyone else level another character then?
    You help others level up by going to a lower difficulty (or yourself if you still don't feel ready for what your level says you may be able to play). Most people I know, if they have time, would gladly help someone level in a lower difficulty, even if it is a level 100+ character, they would come back to Very Hard. Generally, yes, people do move to higher difficulties, but sometimes drop down to hunt specific rares (ones that they really want and have next to no chance to drop by accident).
    Also, this game has no point in it other than to have fun. Some people can say that killing enemies in one hit is fun, others say rare hunting, others leveling. There is no one real goal of the game. If the only possible goal was leveling, why did they make max stats and a level 200 cap?

2) Man I'm sorry, but you are weak. Going from EP1 Hard to EP2 Normal is just playing weak. EP2 is NOT that much harder. Again, I'm playing with a Fonewearl at Lv 37 and the only thing I find difficult are those timed quest and that's not because I can't kill those monsters, it's because I can't kill them fast enough.
    Episode 2 is still slightly harder, and is especially true for people fairly new to the game. Olga Flow does take away enough HP to kill many moderately leveled characters in one hit with some attacks (some people may want to wait untill they know they have enough HP to survive the attacks).

There's a reason why Sonic Team decided to have the difficulties to be unlocked when you reached a certain level, it's because it's time to move on. In Blue Burst, you need to be at Level 30 and have done all the Goverment Quests in order to do so. Back in previous versions, the level required you to be at level 20. I gave solutions for the new players in my previous reply, so I shall not repeat myself.
    The levels requirements were probably to prevent "power leveling", or a very low level character playing in Ultimate and leeching EXP from others that are actually killing the enemies for them (such as a level 20 playing with level 150s). I doubt it was to make people move on; if that was the reason, they would have inserted a maximum level requirement for the lower difficulties.

Well I did play XBOX a couple of months, but the screaming kids and the hackers pretty much made me sale my copy of the game on eBay. I do not recall having any problems finding players for EP2, I finshed both episodes Online with a least two other players every time (hardly ever with the same people BTW).

As for the item drop rates for EP2, I did agree with that earlier (you might want to scroll back up). And ss for the EXP, I personally found that I gain more EXP in EP2. I think it may be because there's more enemies per chamber, not sure, I haven't counted.
    People just like Episode 1 better. The areas are asier to memorize, and the enemies are easier to kill. Many people still feel more comfortable with Episode 1, and Episode 1 probably still has better rare drops for most IDs.

On 2004-09-12 14:18, Ian-KunX wrote:
    Oh, ok. Never knew that. But ok, the EXP may have changed.

Bah, Kecthup, you said the stuff before me. *curse my slow computer*

Moving on...you need to chill out and stop flame-bating/flaming your gonna get yourself in trouble.

Sagasu and many others once said:

Think before you post!

Ok. This is really getting out of hand. I lost count of the amount of times Nick has flammed and flamebaited in this thread. It's against the god damn rules, so get it through your thick skull. Just because you own sites doesn't mean jack shit. The rules still apply to you. You're no better than the rest of us.

Ian Kun Once said:

Shut up and smack the booma like a good little bitch.

Ah, yes, sorry. No GC, eh. Well, you've missed all the fun quests, then. And you got all your weapons from Apatite, then. *shrug* I know your attitude, m'dear, and it is the attitude of the moronic Vega/Apatite/Aeries n00b who wouldn't know how to play if it bit him in the ass.

And you are talking about new people, which there are very few of among the English-language players on BB, if you think that me or anyone else having a higher-levelled friend help them through something like a timed quest means I'm not 'learning' anything. Well gee, no shit, considering that I've been playing this game for over a year and a half now. Nobody who's a GC/Xbox/DC/PC vet is going to be learning anything 'new' by having a higher level play with them, because they already learned how to play ages ago. And oh, hmm, let's see, when did I get online for the first time on GC... Oh yes, after I already had two characters over L100! Yeah, gee, I sure didn't know how to take care of myself at all, what with getting my first character to Ult at L60 and the subsequent ones at even lower levels... Nope, completely clueless. I don't need to 'learn' how to play, fuckwit, but the timed quests and shit like that will piss you off if you're trying to solo them, and you can't always find a full team of your own level. So you go to your friends to get you past that. Hey guess what, I'm TRYING to move on, idiot! You think I'm weak and afraid? Really? What the fuck was my GC HUmar doing in Ult Caves facing down Dal Ra Lie at L65 and getting owned because he didn't have enough HP to survive most of his attacks, then? Why was he running around with a Raygun and a Gungnir, hmm, if I'm so weak I 'need' rare weapons to play? Why can I go pick up a Saber and a Handgun from Normal Forest and go own stuff on Ult with them? Hmm, maybe it's because I actually know what I'm doing?

No, you don't need to hunt rares. But many people find that enjoyable, and they play classes that are far better off with better weapons. Sure, you can take Ult Seabed with an Arms, but it's stupid if you have even a Meteor Smash. You can hide in doorways and spam techs all you like, Mr. FOnewearl, but you're not really playing worth a shit. You're playing like an ignorant n00b who has no idea what he's talking about but wants to sound big, so he bitches about how 'weak' everyone else is. Heh. Pathetic. You're one of those types who thinks c-mode is a waste of time, don't you? You're L154, what the hell are you doing on "Normal" with your character nerfed, right? Wrong. People like you amuse the fuck out of me. And I have nothing to prove to you, because I know damn well that I'm better than you are. I don't even have to see you play to know it, it's written all over your posts and attitude. See myself in your bullshit post? Like hell. I see only a little boy who's trying to act all big and tough, while getting his ass handed to him by the real big boys.

You're a fucktard. End of discussion.

PSUJP: Nai Calus, M. B. 176 FI 20 | Elly, F. N. 42 FT 5 Requiescat in pace.