Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

I do not find Ep2 unbalanced at all, like Shigecki said, it's not about experience.

My Lv 200 played 80% in Ep2, so it's still ok

I like the new areas (well compared to DC) and the balanced difficulty a lot more.
    You're new to Ep2 GC, when you get used to it, it won't seem unbalanced anymore.

If you find yourself dying against Olga a lot, Tycho, LEARN TO FIGHT HIM. >D You can take in a horribly underlevelled character and live through the entire fight. >_>; ...Especially since you have a FO as your main, right? O_o; Learn what his "Insta-kill" stuff looks like, and when you see him starting to do it, RUN instead of sitting there humping his feet. XP Or hell, just plain stay away from him and long-distance nuke him. FOs have techs, RAs have Rifles, HUs have Handguns and paying freaking attention. XP

I die more on form one of Olga. >P Not that I usually even die unless I'm horribly underlevelled, online, and not paying attention. >_>;

Falz fucking pisses me off, on the other hand. Whoohoo, slap on the EIC, slap on the Cure/Freeze, oh look, I moved the wrong way and the fscking Darvants STILL all whacked me at once and killed me. Oh look, we've got a HUmar and a RAmarl that would have been able to utterly own Olga Flow, and we had to dupe about 40 Scape Dolls to finally beat Falz. (I also cannot wiggle out of freeze with any rapidity, at least not on GC. I don't have the manual dexterity to move the stick that fast. I also for some reason don't want to wreck my controller, even if I could. >_>)

Not to mention that Olga is a hell of a lot more fun, especially on the last form. Falz form 3 is So. Incredibly. Boring. And. Lame. >_>; Whoohoo, the same exact thing over and over. Wake me up when she dies, ok? >_>

And yes, BB Ep2 exp = uber. >_> No reason to do Ep1 except for rare hunting and a change of pace. XP

PSUJP: Nai Calus, M. B. 176 FI 20 | Elly, F. N. 42 FT 5 Requiescat in pace.

On 2004-09-23 17:49, Shadowpawn wrote:
    On 2004-09-23 17:17, Silhouette wrote:
    Ep 2 is not unbalanced. ATA is just more of an issue than Ep 1. Ep 1 all you need is high ATP and a ATA of about 200-210(165-180). Ep II on the other hand you'd need 230+(175+) to be able to constantly hit anything.

() = Base ATA. Offline Ep II of course is easier and only require a measly 150 ATA base overall. That's the key "hitting".

If you do Temple to Seabed, you rack up in exp. But it's less stressful to just do Ep I. It's balanced, just insanely hard.

The enemies in Ep II give about the same xp as thier twins in Ep I. Gibbles and Gue Gi(big bug) give about 450 xp. In Seabed, most enemies give 400+. Olga gives more xp than Falz, however Falz is harder than Olga for one reason(Form 2. Need cure/freeze + 2 resist/blizzards(60EIC), or 2 resist/freezes + Freeze Barrier(50 EIC)).

Typical rule of thumb people suggest to all Ep II new players is start out on Ep I first.

Easier EXP: Ep I > Ep II
    Change of Pace: Ep II > Ep I
    He's talking about normal mode, the ATA, and the exp. you listed is for ult.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shadowpawn on 2004-09-23 17:50 ]</font>
    That's the thing. Ep II true face of evil shows up in Ult. Norm - VH is nothing. Just providing some early info.

And for the person stating that you don't need cure/freeze, just shake rattle and roll the stick. Uhm you forget one thing, it's NOT the dervants that will kill you. It's the DAMAGE Falz Rabarta will do to you that kills you. This is why I mentioned resist/freeze/blizzard.

Same with Gal Gryphon resist/thunder - storm x2 and cure/shock.

Too bad the most useless units in the whole game is Resist/light series.

About Flow and this is for people who dont know or even figured it out. His Judgement attack is SO easy to avoid without actually having to move FAR(but you still will need to stay from him) away from him. The things the his mags drop around you. Thy serve another purpose other than randomly shocking you. If you kill them......

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Silhouette on 2004-09-24 06:19 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Silhouette on 2004-09-24 06:53 ]</font>
    Miranda F Newman Fighter (PSO2: NG) Ship 2
    ~Past Characters~
    DC PSO: Silhouette HUnewearl 100 » 102 (Ver.2)
    GC PSO: Silhouette HUnewearl 161 :: Za'leshea FOnewearl 172
    PSU: Eternia F Beast FF15 Lvl142(PC) :: Elemia F Cast GM20 lvl174(360)

On 2004-09-24 05:26, Ian-KunX wrote:
    Falz fucking pisses me off, on the other hand. Whoohoo, slap on the EIC, slap on the Cure/Freeze, oh look, I moved the wrong way and the fscking Darvants STILL all whacked me at once and killed me. Oh look, we've got a HUmar and a RAmarl that would have been able to utterly own Olga Flow, and we had to dupe about 40 Scape Dolls to finally beat Falz. (I also cannot wiggle out of freeze with any rapidity, at least not on GC. I don't have the manual dexterity to move the stick that fast. I also for some reason don't want to wreck my controller, even if I could. >_>)
    HUnewearl level 170, RAmarl level 150, online, my friend and I without any more than 20 EIC and no scapes, no cure/freeze, we constantly beat dark falz on ult together :|
    No problem.

Just like you told Tycho, pay attention, you can aviod the freeze >.>

In that case it's just a matter of moving in the right direction flawlessly. For me personally it's always been the damage, and not the dervants or getting frozen.
    Miranda F Newman Fighter (PSO2: NG) Ship 2
    ~Past Characters~
    DC PSO: Silhouette HUnewearl 100 » 102 (Ver.2)
    GC PSO: Silhouette HUnewearl 161 :: Za'leshea FOnewearl 172
    PSU: Eternia F Beast FF15 Lvl142(PC) :: Elemia F Cast GM20 lvl174(360)

Truth Seeking Hunter

Sorry, to ask this, but what is the arguement about? I got lost while reading these posts. Can someone clue me in please?

It morphed from Ep2 being unbalanced, to boss stratagy X

Who is this guy again? Shadowpawn's Avatar

[quote]
    On 2004-09-24 06:15, Silhouette wrote:
    [quote]
    On 2004-09-23 17:49, Shadowpawn wrote:
    On 2004-09-23 17:17, Silhouette wrote:
    Thy serve another purpose other than randomly shocking you. If you kill them......

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Silhouette on 2004-09-24 06:19 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Silhouette on 2004-09-24 06:53 ]</font>
    Don't leave them on a cliffhanger...:/. The mags are homing beacons to Olga. If they are near you when he does the attack, you will get hit. Also, I don't seem to have problems with the ult. Seabed. The ultimate Ruins...THAT is a problem area!

On 2004-09-24 06:51, Skorpius wrote:

HUnewearl level 170, RAmarl level 150, online, my friend and I without any more than 20 EIC and no scapes, no cure/freeze, we constantly beat dark falz on ult together :|
    No problem.

Just like you told Tycho, pay attention, you can aviod the freeze >.>

HUmar L~125, RAmarl L108. XP

And how the fuck is paying attention going to help when it's either A: Rabarta multihits, and regardless of your EIC does enough damage to kill you, or B: You don't move precisely the right direction, and you get bitchslapped by several Darvants, which together do enough damage to kill you?

Even without being frozen, you can still die. I'm not surprised that at your levels, you've got the HP to survive that(Though I've seen L190s killed by it. XP), but the fact remains that against Falz, all you can hope for is luck with her not doing her cheap-ass bullshit and spamming Heaven's Punishment or Rafoie on you instead of Rabarta. XP 'Paying attention' has nothing to do with Falz. Luck and being retardedly high levels does. Olga? Pfft. The two of us would have taken him down without even having to scratch our asses twice.

If it makes you feel better, we both agreed that it was a good time afterwards. XP

Again, Ep2 > Ep1. I see no reason at all to do Ult Ep1 on BB, especially since you lose exp when you die. Ult Seabed will be superior experience, without as much risk of death at boss. XP Olga is far more fun, and far less deadly, and also better exp. So... Why would anyone in their right mind do Ep1? >_>; Laziness, I guess. "Oh noes, I don't know how these monsters act or how to deal with them, I'd better go hide with what I'm used to like some little scardey girl". Ep1 is boring. Seriously. Been there, done that, sick of it. Even Falz in her annoying cheapness is boring in the average TTF, where you've got 4 people, a FO, and stuff just kind of falls over dead. XP Ep2 is at least exciting. I don't care WHAT you are, Mr. Delbiter is still gonna flatten you and wake you up. >D

Ep2 is balanced, IMO. ...I just wish that FOmar had better ATA so he could melee in Seabed.

PSUJP: Nai Calus, M. B. 176 FI 20 | Elly, F. N. 42 FT 5 Requiescat in pace.

Well said Ianz, me agrees on what you say on Ep2 =D