Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    lolDiads
    If Diad was a planet in PSU, I'd live there

...I thought I recall the Z button on the controller being mentioned to bring up the quick weapons/tech/item menu. Is this true?

Additionally, what does the C analog stick do? I imagine it allows you to navigate menus like the D-pad did.

Also, how sensitive are the L and R triggers? Do you have to press all the way down to get that little "click" for it to register? Just wondering since both buttons are pressure sensitive.

Thanks ahead of time.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Parn on 2002-07-02 08:47 ]</font>

On 2002-07-02 08:45, Parn wrote:
    ...I thought I recall the Z button on the controller being mentioned to bring up the quick weapons/tech/item menu. Is this true?
    All it does it bring up the start menu. O_o;

Additionally, what does the C analog stick do? I imagine it allows you to navigate menus like the D-pad did.
    Scrolls text, mostly. I don't think it allows you to navigate menus, but I haven't tried it for that. I'll try it today. <.<

Also, how sensitive are the L and R triggers? Do you have to press all the way down to get that little "click" for it to register? Just wondering since both buttons are pressure sensitive.
    They're not that sensitive, I seem to have to press pretty decently for them to register.
    Creator of Tethealla, Administrator of Ephinea.

Veteran Fighter

Oh, aaa...is the control stick...aaa...does it work the same way as it did on the DC, that you puch in one direction and your character ends up walking and then running or does it actually depend on how far you push the control stick? Agh, that always seemed to annoy me in classic DC PSO, so...I dunno.

And, in most games that use the trigger buttons, you only have to push it a bit for it to register, usually enough for me, and no, most of the time you don't have to get it to click.

Also, I really hope either Nintendo or some other 3rd party developer makes a normal keyboard rather than that stupid keyboard controller thing o.0

Aussie RAcast Battler

Hmm.. I hope the triggers aren't too firm.. I'm yet to get a GC myself.
    My skeleton button layout has Normal attack on X, and Heavy on RX. I could explain why I love it like this hehe.. but I won't.

I hope the GC pad doesn't make the releasing and re-pressing my style requires becoming annoying or too.. tiring, after a solid amount of hours playing.

If you could stand that shitty dc controller you will be more than ok with the gc one

Yeah, the GameCube controller is a lot better than the Dreamcast's. There's only 1 thing I don't like about it...the D-Pad. Not exactly the best pad for fighting games.

On 2002-07-02 18:46, Defend wrote:
    I could explain why I love it like this hehe.. but I won't.
    It doesn't turn you on or anything, does it? <.<

Although I hate posting after myself, I just wanted to update you and tell you that the C-button does infact also navigate menus just like the D-pad does. =)

I just use the D-pad still, though. Old habit. >.>

Bah...

I was hoping that they'd let you use the C-Stick to move the camera around like that trick in th DC games...

ProTip: To damage your credibility, simply call any of the Phantasy Star games "massively-multiplayer."

PSO Assassin

damn it! that C-stick should have been for the camera...

<crosses fingers for this feature in final version>