Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
    Old Man

Clear Times (don't laugh):

E2C1: 57:37
    E2C2: 55:37
    E2C3: 53:05
    E2C4: 69:52
    E2C5: 34:03

Horrible, I know. But, I am improving on c-mode and those times will come down - a lot - I assure you.

I have been looking for a GC version, but the local shops aren't carrying it. I might just ebay it and then try to hook up with you and the gc crowd. If I could get in with a consistent group of 4, that would be just great. If not, at least I'm enjoying the ride!

PSO Assassin

On 2005-02-06 17:30, Sitka wrote:
    Clear Times (don't laugh):

E2C1: 57:37
    E2C2: 55:37
    E2C3: 53:05
    E2C4: 69:52
    E2C5: 34:03

Horrible, I know. But, I am improving on c-mode and those times will come down - a lot - I assure you.

I have been looking for a GC version, but the local shops aren't carrying it. I might just ebay it and then try to hook up with you and the gc crowd. If I could get in with a consistent group of 4, that would be just great. If not, at least I'm enjoying the ride!
    Those times remind me of mine before I started TAing.

You can find PSO Plus online. They have it at Outpost for $23, but they have it as a preorder. You might want to call them.

Buy.com has it for $28. If you buy it here, you can get 10% off if you add this coupon to your cart. Save a couple bucks. Expires 2/10/05.

Amazon also has the game for $30.

I have a Nintendo Modem Adapter I could give you since I upgraded to the Broadband Adapter. Although, since you are on the X-Box version, you obviously have Broadband.

Cheeers!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: yellow5 on 2005-02-06 18:44 ]</font>

Old Man

I'll probably order that gc version to have another option for c-mode. I'll post you when I'm set up.

In the meantime, we have a pretty good group running challenge on xbox, but we're not far enough along for many folks to actually think about TAing stages. Most times we are either 1) trying to take a first time char. through so any time is a good time or 2) folks who have gotten their main chars through are trying a ramar or a hunewearl or something which makes it tough to try and get a good time.

It's cool. Now that I've gotten a few chars. through and I'm learning the maps/spawns/strategies I can focus a bit more on improving times. I think it would definitely be helpful, though, to have the other option to get a consistent group of 4 to get things down solid.

So, we'll work towards trying to set that up.

Thanks again for the tips Yellow5.

Old Man

It's getting better - thanks to the tips and help from some great xbox players including Shigecki, Curacklin and Snow.

E2C1 time now down to 56:35, E2C2 is now 48:50, and E2C3 is now 46:80. Small improvements, but improvements none the less.

Beat E2C3 twice and E2C4 once today - for the first time played the Hucast instead of a Ranger or Force. It feels great to get the great weapons and be the MAN - if you know what I mean.

Tried something new on E2C3. In the past, after defeating Gibbles, we Sinow-dodged down to the far room on control tower, did the middle ring, then left, then right to get healing ring and boxes.

Today, we just cleared up Seaside and were able to get decent enough weapons to go straight to boss. Not new to TA players, I know, but new for me and it worked relatively well. Twice we got to Gal Gryphon in about 15 minutes, but beating him took quite a bit of time.

What I would like to know from the TAers is specific strategy for taking on Gal Gryphon and beating him as quickly as possible without losing scapes to the stomp and the tromp. We pretty much followed the guides, but getting one or two hits and then running for your life takes an awful lot of time. I wish there was some little trick that I don't know about that enables me to stay closer without dropping scapes.

Tonight was a hell of a lot of fun and beating Flow again is the bomb - it's the most fun in PSO for me right now.

WORD - for you PSO players, legit or non-legit, who have not tried c-mode - you've gotta try it. It's awesome!

PSO Assassin

A useful tip: when you reach the Mountain area, while the FOrce is dealing with the Gi Gue, everyone else should kill Gees and attack those circular poison traps on the ground for items. The Gibbons are a waste of time. Don't forget to pick up the Resta 3 and General HP.

What kind of classes are usually in your teams? I would say that 2 Forces and 2 HUcaseals would be the ultimate TA team, but there are other good variations. Sometimes a RAcast or RAcaseal is pretty good. I don't really recommend HUnewearl or RAmarl unless you are very experienced.

The main strategy for Gal Gryphon is to have at least one person with a gun, either it be a HUcaseal/HUmar or a RAnger. They are the main damagers and should attack the head at all times. There are two fixed Autogun boxes in the last area (near boss warp). Get them if you need them. Anyway, the FOs and HUs need to get in close and just attack. HUs can usually get in 2 combos and FOs can spam a few bartas. When Gal Gryphon is in the air, FOrces can use Zonde if you want, but I don't recommend it for beginners -- it depends on whether or not the FO uses Resta much.

You need to know the boss' attack routine. When it is in the air shooting Typhoons at you, run to a spot directly in front of it at the opposite side of the room if you are a HU or RA. If the FOs decide to Zonde, they should stay near Gal and Zonde. You avoid any damage from the swoop attack if you are directly under it's belly. After he does his swoop attack, everyone run to the middle to get Shifta. Then attack it when it lands.

When you deal a certain amount of damage, it will swoop halfway (or thereabouts) and land. At this point, the FOrces should not stay near Gal when it is in the air any more. Everyone should follow the routine of finding a spot across the room directly in front of Gal and wait for it to do the swoop attack. If it lands prematurely, attack. If it goes over your heads, run to the middle and wait for it to turn around and land.

Take advantage of the time when it does the lightning attack. Do as much damage as you can, but remember that it will immediately follow up with a shock attack if and only if it remains lain on the ground. If it gets up and starts running around, you don't need to run away.

2-3 is all about the boss fight. You need to make your hits count and attack as often as it is safe to do so.

Let me know if you want me to clarify anything.

Old Man

Yellow5 - Thanks!

We're going to try that and report back.

On 2005-02-08 23:03, Sitka wrote:
    WORD - for you PSO players, legit or non-legit, who have not tried c-mode - you've gotta try it. It's awesome!
    I want to, but I couldn't find a team. I was on today (well technically yesterday, Wed. Feb. 9) and couldn't find a team. I tried Alcyone 6 but no luck. I think I saw Rena-ko too, not sure though (I just saw a 'G' for lang. settings and guessed it was him/her). I want to at least try it, I don't mind if I'm not good enough to TA, but at least be able to complete cmode with a decent time. If you do get PSO+ for GC and get online and don't mind helping a newb like myself, that would be cool. XD

Old Man

Your title says uber jtranslator.

I guess that means you can translate Japanese well. Maybe we could help each other. I'm getting better at c-mode - not great, mind you - but better.

I'm quite intimidated about having to learn Japanese to play Blue Burst or c-mode on gamecube, but if you're willing to school a noobie in that department, I'd be more than happy to run some challenge mode with you - for sure.

I'm still debating whether to set up for the cube or make the jump to Blue Burst - it's the Japanese thing that's been holding me back. Plus the fact that I have so many well developed chars on xbox. My plan is to hang on with the xbox crowd, then make the jump when no one wants to play anymore - we've got a pretty good group going on xbox right now.

Shout out to Yellow5 - played the Gol Dragon the way you outlined it - worked like a charm. I got sloppy and dropped a scape (can't toggle fast enough on a freeze), but other than that - we took it down pretty quickly.

Haruna gave me the big Bu-FU sign for missing the gate switch not once, but twice on E1C1 last night - I've been playing the E2 so much, my brain is dead for E1 right now.

On a positive note, picked up my ninth s-rank weapon last night. It's all good - very good.

well I can read japanese to an extent, I'm a manga translator so I mostly use the furigana to help me determine which meaning the kanji has. I guess maybe 'uber' isn't really a good word to describe my skill, just I have been translating manga for over a year now (~14 months).

so sometimes I still have trouble reading the text the japanese players use. but for the most part I can communicate with them decently I guess.

PSO Assassin

I've updated the original post with my current EP2 cmode times.

I finally have my HUcast back, still in tact. I now have an incentive to do cmode; I just need to find a team...