Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

After getting my Yellowboze FOmar into Ultimate Mines at lvl 60, I set out to find myself the amazingly cool NUG-2000 despite people saying it sucks. 20 levels later and it landed with 5% A. Best untekked =/. Hit would have been nice, but I got it so easily (200th Canabin or so) I don't care .

Anyway, I took my lvl 120 RAcast to the Seabeds alongside my brother and his lvl 130 RAmar. Thanks to my shitty ATA (207, had to equip a God/Arm and Elf/Arm++ just to equip it) I could only hit the bastards with a light attack since it has about the same ATA as my Yas-9k mechs and it can't combo (well I guess it would be pretty fucking overpowered if it could, and a rapid fire bazooka would look pretty dumb). Thanks to the shitload of ATP it comes with, I was doing around 300 and owning with only a light attacks (and crappy lvl 15 RAmar shifta with lvl 33 Zalure from an S-rank Needle).

With max ATA and S-Parts from an android I can imagine it being the best Ranger weapon for multiplayer. Needles are plain crap online since they fire so damn fast, it's so easy to damage cancel with them. This is a big problem with hunters in your team since you'll end up slowing the team down instead of helping. The NUG-2000 is powerful and limits you to 1 bullet every 2 seconds so you are much less likely to damage cancel. It also has a Rafoie explosion which can easily hit every enemy in the room if you gather them up. Sure it won't be doing as much damage a second as a Needle on paper, but you won't be cancelling out as much damage either so it probably works out better. Plus it has much better range than then Needle. In high level teams enemies will be dying in seconds anyway, so not being able to combo isn't much of a problem.

With lvl 30 Shifta, Max RAcast ATP, lvl 30 Zalure and no percents on the weapon you can do 727 damage on a hard attack, or 1091 with a critical on an Ultimate Delbiter. It doesn't matter if you can't combo with it since enemies probably die before you get a chance to finish a full combo if your team is good enough.

The weapon also works great with traps. Just dump a trap and shoot in the same rough direction. Who needs a Frozen Shooter?

You can also shoot really quickly with it if you 'melee' with it. If you get whacked you'll be able to shoot straight after taking damage. Not too bad for soloing .

The only real problem with it is that the ATA on it sucks. Not being able to combo is probably a blessing online (it's not that slow either...with a God/Battle I can fire once every 2 seconds). Basically it's Rafoie that does nice damage.

Their are much better weapons than the nug, i'd choose a frozen shooter over a nug anytime and have a pair of mech equipped=pwnage.Your also less likely to get hurt with a FS and mechs then with a one shot weapon. But congrats on the find i do think that weapon is cool looking though.

I read it on PSOW, so it must be true

On 2004-10-02 14:26, Gjl wrote:
    Thanks to my shitty ATA (207, had to equip a God/Arm and Elf/Arm++ just to equip it) I could only hit the bastards with a light attack
    When is 207 ever bad ATA? o_O

Needles are plain crap online since they fire so damn fast, it's so easy to damage cancel with them.
    Damage cancel isn't a problem in normal gameplay. The problem with Needle is that it just sucks.

In high level teams enemies will be dying in seconds anyway, so not being able to combo isn't much of a problem.
    So the NUG is more of a tagging weapon? o_O

The weapon also works great with traps. Just dump a trap and shoot in the same rough direction. Who needs a Frozen Shooter?
    Yeah, but what happens when you run out of traps?

Rappy Hunter

i'd take my baranz anyday over a nug

The Tooth Fairy

Baranz Launcher is not really better.

Well, if you fear damage cancel, use Rifles and weapons with strong ATP, not multihit weapons.
    Damage cancel is unavoidable online, and offline playing mulitplayer, id prefer a team mate with Spread Needle.
    Or try Shots instead? You never mentioned shots, only Spread Needle. Online, S-Rank Shot is better than S-Rank Needle in my opinion, thanks to better range and higher ATP.
    Id really like to have a shot type weapon with hit% and Spirit for my RAmar, that would be an extremely good online weapon, especially since its team friendlier than Berserk.

teh ninja'd

SUPAH you clearly don't know the wonders of a S RANK NEEDLE...

Iron Faust > Nug 2000
    Just because..
    :|

EDIT: 19 less ata needed, 10 more ata, 108 less atp, and confucsion as a special I like my Faust.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Skorpius on 2004-10-02 18:57 ]</font>

I wish i had had a nug for Solid Snake.

I read it on PSOW, so it must be true

On 2004-10-02 18:15, Corey wrote:
    SUPAH you clearly don't know the wonders of a S RANK NEEDLE...
    Does it have better range? Better ATP?

On 2004-10-02 21:17, SUPAH_CHAO wrote:
    Does it have better range? Better ATP?
    You can put S-Rank specials on it.