Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ok....I am an Arkz.
    Have been since I lost like 10 fights in a row as a HU at the start of this game. And I LIKE the Arkz fighting style. I think it's fun to use all sorts of monsters in your strategy. I'll fight arkz vs arkz and arkz vs hus. I'll team with either side. But I am getting ULTRA tired of the title of this post being the only view I see when I tourney online!

BUT...This isn't a rant. It is time to question honor, and it's time to question spam. If there's anyone left who reads this particular part of PSOW, I hope we can get different takes on the contraversy and solve this thing. Or at least come up with a witty comeback...>:P

If people don't flat out say it to you, when they find out you're an Arkz, I still get the feeling people are looking 'down their nose' at the Arkz fighting format, as being some kind of inferior cheater's way to win the tourney/fight.

But let's look at it from the other side, which faction has the decks that make people the most mad? Who can build the most irritating decks in the game, and why? What is considered spam?

Arkz Decks Considered Taboo:
    Immortal Reiz (wherein reiz lays out immortality, slow time and some guard monsters, then pummels you)
    Machine Deck (wherein tiny machines get big boosts from Mines Brightnesses)
    Pouilly Deck (wherein multiple crazed slimes advance and attack with Caves Winds)
    Rappy Spam Deck (wherein zillions of rappies are powered up with March of the Meek and guarded with survivals & NA Guards)

HU Decks Considered Taboo:
    ????
    This is odd. No one really considers ANY HU deck to be taboo. Does this mean HUs are never annoying? Are all HU decks saintly and perfect? I don't think so. All Arkz decks aren't either. But you never HEAR about how 'lame cheater' HUs are. What's up with that?

There's a double Sil'fer deck out there that's dammed irritating. The sil'fers set a bunch of fixes and then.....let's not write out the rest. What about HU decks that consist of 75% blocker cards? How about Inolis putting on a jillion canes and going tech crazy? Viviana raising her TP mega high with the dice bonus? Consider also that (I am not aware of right now) any monster that has AP/HP swap perm vs. attack victim *built in* (a la windmill) or action disrupter *built in* like the Kaladbolg and Genbu. Yes an Arkz CAN get those effects, but not without playing another card and using action points.

What do you think? Are Arkz persecuting everyone and ruining the game with their evil ways? IS there such a thing as a "good arkz vs. HUs fight"? I really do find it curious that most "Bad Decks" belong to the Arkz side...is it a judgement call that just conveniently 'overlooks' HUs, or is something really up?

On 2004-10-03 21:22, AzureBlaze wrote:

There's a double Sil'fer deck out there that's dammed irritating. The sil'fers set a bunch of fixes and then.....let's not write out the rest. What about HU decks that consist of 75% blocker cards? How about Inolis putting on a jillion canes and going tech crazy? Viviana raising her TP mega high with the dice bonus? Consider also that (I am not aware of right now) any monster that has AP/HP swap perm vs. attack victim *built in* (a la windmill) or action disrupter *built in* like the Kaladbolg and Genbu. Yes an Arkz CAN get those effects, but not without playing another card and using action points.
    I'm sorry to say but these small points you are telling us is nothing compared to cheap Arkz using spam all the way (AKA Machine decks)

I have much more fun fighting on Tower against a fellow hunter instead of doing an Arkz vs Arkz battle for which I have to lock myself up with monsters to prevent being spammed by machine 1 costers with their mine brightness or being attacked by 1 costers with a 'beat' or 'attack=6' action cards.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Capricornus on 2004-10-04 01:50 ]</font>

On 2004-10-03 21:22, AzureBlaze wrote:
    Arkz Decks Considered Taboo:
    Immortal Reiz (wherein reiz lays out immortality, slow time and some guard monsters, then pummels you)
    I don't mind Reiz decks - the person who chooses to use one is taking a gamble their opponent is Hero, Reiz Immo vs Arkz is pretty poor.

Hmm...Interesting so far.
    Capricornus:
    The stuff I did point out was indeed, small stuff. Yes it does not compare to a Machine Spamming deck...still considered one of the worst decks to be created.

But...I pointed out small stuff because...what else is there to point out? I couldn't come up with anything that's really considered 'rotten' to do on a HU deck. Because the super silfers do not compare to a machine spam deck does not mean that they are not annoying to a HU or Arkz that goes vs it.

However, considering you are NOT fighting a spammer, a lamer, a trash talker or someone who put together some lame spammy cheat-o Arkz deck just to annoy people...is it possible to have a "Decent" battle with an Arkz? Or are Arkz total criminals worthy of only disgust due to their horrible method? And if so...why did ST even include them?

The Immortal Reiz deck brings up the questionability of some HU's decks. Some decks are WAY better suited to fighting other HU, and are totally unprepared for an Arkz to step up. When I tourney, I use a deck that is as prepared as possible for ANY opponent. I keep guys on there who are good at eliminating large and small monsters, as well as things which can rampage on HUs. Overly specialized decks from either faction are a gamble.

Arkz are SUPPOSED to fight dirty... :/
    Block the path and win with sneaky moves.

On 2004-10-05 01:57, Skorpius wrote:
    Not always, there are Arkz using the story charachters abilities and actually melee with it.
    For that they rely on guard creatures

1 was already mentioned by Jazhara, being Reiz.
    Others could be Endu, for his rampage ability or Rufina, for her action cards being doubled.

I like to call these the Arkz with honour (but risky it sure is)

AKA Zelda from PSO3

Well I dont even think it's that risky to play Arkz
    the way you call "With Honor". It's simply the way to win.

And sure. It's true that spammers can be very annoying, but clever usage of companion usually makes so you can get through the walls of creatures. Also use Virus.

Plus the spammer will have many creatures killed, which
    means exp for you. (Thinkin Viv, Grantz here or simply playing fly or equip rati and walk over anything)

If you deck can't counter spam It's simply not a good deck
    in my oppinion.

I think spammers are very vulnerable to good decks
    and would have to be lucky to win against experienced players.

I also don't think you should think badly about those
    who spam. It's simply a strategy.

The fun lies in creating decks that can go up against anything and still have a good chance of winning.

One Hero strategy I hear many players moaning about is EXP Decoy (Brave Hammer / Bhima being the popular choice) - but there's also nothing wrong with that IMO.

All decks are ok, I think the point that annoys many players is spam decks users usually can't play anything else.

The most hated decks are extremely effective with very little skill or effort - Cheap MC, spam, and Pouilly Slimes before their stat change.

I don't care if I face spammers in a tourney, if I'm using a 'polished' deck I'll win easily, if it's a 'fun' deck and I lose so what. What REALLY f**ks me off is people who join an open Battle table game and use spam / cheap MC / Slimes - that's just rude.

On 2004-10-06 05:48, Capricornus wrote:
    On 2004-10-05 01:57, Skorpius wrote:
    Not always, there are Arkz using the story charachters abilities and actually melee with it.
    For that they rely on guard creatures

1 was already mentioned by Jazhara, being Reiz.
    Others could be Endu, for his rampage ability or Rufina, for her action cards being doubled.

I like to call these the Arkz with honour (but risky it sure is)
    I know this, I use Endu as a main choice, Panarms etc.
    I even have a few variation using Rufina, Reiz, Lura...

On 2004-10-03 21:22, AzureBlaze wrote:Arkz Decks Considered Taboo:
    Machine Deck (wherein tiny machines get big boosts from Mines Brightnesses)
    Pouilly Deck (wherein multiple crazed slimes advance and attack with Caves Winds)
    Rappy Spam Deck (wherein zillions of rappies are powered up with March of the Meek and guarded with survivals & NA Guards)

HU Decks Considered Taboo:
    ????
    This is odd. No one really considers ANY HU deck to be taboo. Does this mean HUs are never annoying? Are all HU decks saintly and perfect? I don't think so. All Arkz decks aren't either. But you never HEAR about how 'lame cheater' HUs are. What's up with that?

Oh come now. =P I don't believe that there is such a thing as a cheap deck. Theres always a way to counter everything.

Spam decks? play a skip set card! (maybe even slow time) once you get rid of a few low cost monsters the poor arkz will be helpless to your high HP cards. (note: territory cards work nicely too)

and you can get rid of the breeding slimes with territory assist cards as well!

Not to mention, ANY assist card can simply overlap an immortality card, leaving Reiz vulnerable.

Ino'lis got too many canes? Well a simple gizonde with heavy rampage can fix that (or anything else with heavy rampage).

Annoyed with guarding cards? they have lock on 1, lock on 2, and lock on 3 action cards there for a reason. Even the egg rappy has an automatic lock on 2 DEF disable! No guard cards allowed, no TP defense cards allowed. Unless you have something that causes ability trap. (see? you can even counter the counters!)

So dont say that theres a majority of cheap arkz OR hunter players out there. Most people are just too lazy to think up counter deck strategies to beat them. ^_^