Well well well, i've been gone for about a year or so, infact possibly two years. and i'm truely reconsidering going back to PSO now. i missed things, and how they were. and well i have a high level characters who've been collecting dust for two long on my PSO GC, that and i never got to play PSO3 online.

Anyway, i just have a few questions so i can catch up on some concepts that i've completely missed. yes i'm well aware there may be other threads that can give me this infomation, and if you can give me a link to teh exact page. i'll look and learn.

Alright. -ahem-

PSO GC, how are things? what's been added? is the new area (some somethign tower) gotten more missions? is the community fairly good now? or are things as i left it, rittle with "cheaters" and rather rude people. places like Vega 1 being a place inwhich you couldn't get into, and if you did you'd hate being there.

and, what do people preferr? PSOGC? or PSOXB?
    is the Xbox version more updated? has it been updated more? and, i've been drawn in. i may even drop my level +130 characters for xbox merely because i'm very iterested in voice chat. after using the controller for about a year, typing in each letter, using my voice would be better and possibly for my own plans. yeah...i won't expand.
    In that light, how is the cheating and misuse on xbox? just as bad? or worse? And finally, are the voice masking fairly tolerable? And what is the price rate for PSO? per 4 characters? per character? and how much.

Next and finally.

Blue Burst? what is this? Ep four? and it's for the PC apparently, and only released in japan. so in that sense, are people modding their GC's and Xbox to play BB on their consoles? What makes BB different from the privious PSO not involing cards.

Thank you for reading this those who have. and i hope to make my return to PSO, and PSOW from this day forward...

yeah this would be the 3rd time, yay me.

Ok heres the deal. GC and XBOX pso are past their primes. Sega released Blue Burst which is for WINDOWS. You can not modify a console to play Blue Burst. Instead you just download the install file from http://psobb.jp and you go.

Blue Burst adds high resolutions, as well as some new stuff such as the aforementioned Episode 4 which will be coming out in 2 months.

THERE IS CURRENTLY NO WORD OF A GAMECUBE OR XBOX RELEASE OF EPISODE 4.

Also, Blue Burst is only JP right now, but it has been tipped to me that a translation will be happening, and some hackers have already found the code. Sega just needs to turn it on.

GC and XBOX are essentially dead from hackers and people causing FSODs and corruptions. You don't have to worry about that on Blue Burst because your characters are stored server side. Also dial-up connections will work with Blue Burst.

Episode 4 goes back to the ways of Episode 1&2 because it actually takes place before episode III in the timeline.

If you're looking for a look at Episode 4, check out my show Phantasy Star Monthly which is at http://psm.card-revolution.com and get the december episode.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jonathan_F on 2004-12-31 18:03 ]</font>

Hehe, you're like Blue Burst's poster boy Jonathan ^_^ Sega should give you a bonus for all the advertising you do ^_^

Seriously though, he's right about Blue Burst being completely worry free. The english speaking community seems to be a little small right now, but it's definitely growing. I just got 5 more people last night on GC to look into it too.

It's not that hard to set up, and it'll run on most average computers. There are plenty of threads to help you through it too.

GC is still all right to play on, but you definitely have to avoid the larger groups of People because they get targeted for FSOD's more frequently. And unless you have a big card list of trust worthy friends, you may be risking fishing in the crowded lobbies to find some people to play with. (because these days it seems that every other person will FSOD you)

Right now I'm playing on Both Blue Burst and GC, but with the way things are going, I'll be shifting completely to Blue Burst.

Old Man

A word for the xbox:

I just got back on xbox after being away for a while and I've found that it hasn't changed that much from when I was last on. What's helping me is that many of my old friends with their high level characters have gotten back on as well and that makes it more enjoyable.

There are some noobs and hackers as there were before, but using different lobbies and guild card searches, you can do hookups with people you know and trust and still really enjoy the xbox game.

I personally like the live voice chat, although I keep breaking the damn mic and I'm fast running out of duct tape!

I've really been enjoying playing the xbox quest TTF for Episode II ("Respective Tomorrow" - I think) as I always found running Temple solo annoying because of the invariable block at certain doors. With this new quest, I can run Temple/Spaceship/Seaside/Seabeds/Tower over and over again and I'm picking up really cool rares I was unable to get despite 1000sands of hours of runs before. I do have to admit that surviving Gal Gryphon's damn stomp has been very tough as a solo artist, and then I get trapped by the Morphos, Sinows and Delbiter - but it's still quite fun.

I would like to try Blue Burst, but I don't know how easy it will be to negotiate a Japanese game for someone who has never been able to successfully play a Japanese language game (something about not teaching an old dog new tricks) and I have a fondness for the xbox console.

So, if you have the xbox PSO game and you don't mind paying the hunter's license and the xbox live fees, look up ole Sitka Blue D for some games. Otherwise, here's looking forward to Phantasy Star Universe - whenever that is!

I can only vouch for the PSO:GC...I have to agree with the others as in its past its prime. Dont get me wrong, you can still find alot of legit, skilled people online to play with. I still highly enjoy this game. Eventhough i missed its prime time, im still out there to get my slice out of the PSO era. If you have a hard time finding people to play with, dont go out in crowds and hunt for a team. As mentioned above, FSODERS are around and lurking. Its best to make friends from this site as many of us still play. If u do get on GC, feel free to pm me for a game or two. Ill play with anyone who knows how to properly play their character and that doesnt hog boxes...

There are still a few of us legit players out there. If you fancy a game at some point, either PM me or just look for my char, hyperacute, looking bored in a lobby somewhere...!