Thread: GMs Model

I havent been to this site for awhile and I was looking at the PSOBB FAQ, and I noticed the character model of the GM's looked very familiar. I remember back when PSO on DC was my life, I saw a few people that looked just like them. I dont know if they were GMs or just hacker/exploder users finding a glitch. And ive put about 3 years in pso from DC release to gamecube, and im talking about 10 hours a day playin, and I have NEVER seen any form of "sega rep" as some people claimed to be, or any GMs moderating the game. So If this was just a hack, why was the data even included in ver1 or ver2?
    Priest (HC) on all games. Ship 2: FO/TE

Hunters Club since '01. It's a club, not a clan!

They may have included the models so they would be there in the event that they decided to implement GMs. Personally, I never saw those character models in the DC version, but it would make sense for them to include everything that might one day be needed.

By the way, welcome back to the site!

No clue why they included this data on GC, either. Seems as though Sonic Team likes to keep bits and pieces of data around "just in case" of something.

The GameMaster model is on every single PhantasyStar Online released out there - From PSO V1 on DC to PSO:BB on PC.
    I can't tell you for sure that they were never used on the japanese servers of Dreamcast-Gamecube, but i'm pretty sure they were never used on the usa servers (oficially anyway). Like somebody else said, it's prolly a "If we need to go in, we'll use this char"

To tell you the truth, i have a small theory on the fact taht PSO was supposed to be PSO:BB from the beginning, but eitehr technical difficulties/deadlines/dreamcast not being powerfull enough prevented that from happening...
    As in the original idea was something like PSO:BB, but they had to step down a couple times to fit on deadlines and plataforms...

but hey, that's just me..

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rain_1 on 2005-01-22 05:37 ]</font>