Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Well, Its actually more of a theory than fact, but I needed the title to get attention.. The past 2 days I have been doing ultimate forest runs and I started to notice a pattern. In Forest2 there is a long room which contains multiple gulgus , bartles and barble; this rooms also has an electric gate which leads to a room next to water and sometimes contains the pillar switch. In the long room there is a small group of boxes at the bottom(or top) depends which direction you come from. In the box on the left I would find a “SPECIAL ITEM” about every 3 runs. This item would always turn out to be the Victor Ax. In another room which is directly off of the long room. This room always contains treasure chests and sometimes contains the pillar switch. In this room one of the treasure chests would drop another “SPECIAL ITEM”. This time the item would always turn out to be the Stag Cutley.
    These 2 items might not seem like much but they may end up being the basis for this theory. I have been to multiple web sites lately and heard from many people in these forums that some rare ver.2 items come from boxes. This is important to look into because this theory could translate to rarer items. This could double the chances of finding a ver.2 rare or “SPECIAL ITEM” by allowing people to know exactly which box contains which item on a certain level. I believe that many times people skip the box with the rare item because they are trying to cover the most space in a certain time thus lowering the chance of finding the item. Others search the level completely and open every chest; the problem with this technique is it takes away precious time that could be used to search more effectively.
    There are a few things that I have yet to take into account. These 2 major areas are section id and map setup. Section id might determine just which rare item comes from the same box. Or it could determine which boxes contain rare items. In terms of map setup it may be that the room alone determines the item and you just have to find the room on each particular setup. Or it might be that you need a certain map setup to receive the item.
    One thing I really need help with is the research. I need all section ids to check if they receive an special item from the 2 areas I mentioned. Seeing as I am Redria I need other redria to check to see that they get the same item from the same 2 areas and check what map setups you had. One really important thing if you find any ver. 2 rare item from a box write down where you found it then post the item, the exact location, and your section id. If we work together we might be able to make finding ver.2 items just a little less tedious. Also, this might be able to translate to monsters but that is a whole other theory.
    A final note: This is just a theory and I am not sure if is fully true so I need as many people as possible to look into it to either prove that it is true or prove that is false. At the same time it may just have some true statements that we can still use. If you things to add or things that should be removed just leave a post. Well, there is my theory hope you enjoyed it and good luck with your treasure hunting...

Well what I do is open all normal boxes.
    The big, wooden, golden boxes won't NEVER give a rare, so I don't bother for those.
    between the other boxes there isn't difference, all of them can drop something rare

Finding rares is just dumbass luck. There isn't any specific layout for an area.

I've noticed that in the one path in Forest 1, where it splits off into two areas.. with one going to the large area with the paved floor, and the other one going to a dead end with boxes.. I get a Parasite Wear: Nelgel from the box on the bottom right corner about every 4-5 games.

Last night I was playing my Fomarl doing forest runs.. and that box gave me a Nelgel twice out of 4 runs. Shame none of the six or so she's found so far have 4 slots. -_-

The only certainty to the rare item system is that specific critters will drop specific items (ie. a Barble will drop a Red Handgun) and that random boxes on a specific area will drop specific items. No one exact critter or box will be guaranteed to drop anything - it's merely luck of the draw. There is no real pattern or what-have-you to finding anything. The only changes affected are the ID of the team leader, the amount of critters killed in how much time, and how many random boxes are opened in how much time. More faster still isn't a guarantee, it merely gives you more chances to find something. The thing with this game is that, as rediculous as the rare system is, if you keep trying you'll eventually find something.

Each area of the game in Ultimate mode has TWO special items in random boxes that can vary according to the ID. Here's a list of some random box finds...

Forest 1: Parasite Wear:Nelgal - all IDs; Stag Cutlery - all A IDs; Silence Claw - all B IDs.

Forest 2: Victor Ax - all IDs; haven't found any others.

Cave 1: Ranger Field - all IDs; Sting Tip - Viridia (possibly all A IDs); Technical Crozier - Whitill (possibly all B IDs).

Cave 2: Suppressed Gun - Viridia (possibly all A IDs or even all IDs); haven't found any others.

Cave 3: Angry Fist - all IDs; haven't found any others.

Mine 1: Revival Garment - all IDs; Sense Plate - all IDs.

Mine 2: haven't found any.

Ruins 1: haven't found any.

Ruins 2: haven't found any.

Ruins 3: haven't found any.

I could apply rumors to these but I'd rather just keep it to what I know is true. Others can feel free to add to the list if they know more (please make sure you've actually FOUND it - don't just add things because somebody or some list says so).

I know elysion in mine 2 box

and once in ruins 2 a inferno bazooka, but i dont remember ID

On 2002-07-12 21:39, VulpesMundi wrote:

Forest 1: Parasite Wear:Nelgal - all IDs
    I'm pretty sure that REDRIA don't find that in the forest.

Well, in every run I make into Very hard ruins there's always a room in Ruin 2 which has 7 rare item boxes with always a star atomizer, 3 antidotes, a couple of moon atomizers and an antiparalysis. In that room I NEVER find anything besides those items.

That's because they're in gold boxes. Only the blue ones (in ruins) contain random items and have the possibility of having a rare item within.

Ah, you're referring to what I like to call the green room. All of the boxes in that room (it appears on every Ruins 2 map if I'm not mistaken) drop specific green item boxes without fail.

There are TWO types of boxes to look for...

Random boxes...
    Forest, Cave, Mine: gray; ruins: blue and white.
    These boxes have completely random items in them. These are the only boxes that can house rare special items that are untekked (though since ver.2 some of these rare items aren't so rare anymore).

Set boxes...
    Forest, Cave, Mine: brown (wood crates); ruins: yellow and orange.
    These boxes will always drop a set item type (ie. a random weapon) or one specific item (ie. a star atomizer). These boxes can NEVER house a rare special item. At best they will only hold common 9-star special weapons that are already pre-tekked ie. a Varista).

If you're rare hunting you can completely ignore the set boxes. They will never drop anything rare. Random boxes (this includes the poison mounds in the Ruins) may drop something rare, but as with anything in this game chances are extremely slim that you'll find anything good.