Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

when they come out with the american version will we be able to play with the american servers like in the gc version? i'm not going to start over for the american version. but i have some friends from the gc version that's going to wait till the US version comes out. i want to play pso with them but without having to start from scratch.
    thanks

Unfortunately they've not revealed that information to us yet.

I'm kind of torn too. I don't know whether to resume play on the japanese version so I can keep the progress that I've done, or wait till the US version so I can play with my friends that are coming later on.

I'm assuming that they will keep the servers together though, since all of the other releases were together as well.

That would be good. However everytime I seem to get started in a MMORPG there's already 4 million japanese people with godlike characters already, has there ever been one we got first? I dont mind particularly, but most japanese people I've met have been quite arrogent about that fact. Maybe I'm just not meeting the right ones?

I've actually heard something about the servers possibly NOT being linked.

Although that kinda goes against what is in the chinese version, unless those servers are regional to northern and southern areas of china, and not the entire world.

You're also forgetting that DC server's weren't linked after trouble with Codebreakers began.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jonathan_F on 2005-01-30 04:39 ]</font>

I don't think it would be possbile due to the fact of server side save. On GC Xbox, you could travel anywhere you want since the save goes with you, now the saves are on the server and they won't go beyond that.

On 2005-01-30 04:39, Jonathan_F wrote:

Although that kinda goes against what is in the chinese version, unless those servers are regional to northern and southern areas of china, and not the entire world.

You're also forgetting that DC server's weren't linked after trouble with Codebreakers began.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jonathan_F on 2005-01-30 04:39 ]</font>
    And same goes for Xbox, they were never linked.

The servers are not linked in the Chinese Beta version of PSOBB... and they are named for the regions in China only, not the world. Your character can only be played on the server which it was created. Whether or not they will add the ability to transfer between servers, I don't know, but at the moment I would have to say that the answer to your question is looking like a no.

That'll be kind of sad if the servers are split up. But are they really expecting that big of an american audience?

We all KNOW sega won't advertise for it. No chance, they never do. So your american audience for the game is made up of the few hardcore of us left on this site, and the very very few that are on GC now (which are big maybes)

I dunno...the more I wait, and with the attitudes of the people I talk to, American BB might end up a flop. I certainly hope not. I hope I'm wrong about all that.

Survivor from Algo

On 2005-01-30 04:39, Jonathan_F wrote:

Are you sure?
    As far as I know, now DC servers are linked: I know EU people playing on JP servers...

On 2005-01-30 10:30, shinobu_seta wrote:
    That'll be kind of sad if the servers are split up. But are they really expecting that big of an american audience?

We all KNOW sega won't advertise for it. No chance, they never do. So your american audience for the game is made up of the few hardcore of us left on this site, and the very very few that are on GC now (which are big maybes)

I dunno...the more I wait, and with the attitudes of the people I talk to, American BB might end up a flop. I certainly hope not. I hope I'm wrong about all that.
    It may not be as few as you think. Thousands of visitors come to this site on a daily basis and that number can reach hundreds of thousands per month. They don't all post on the message boards, but they're out there lurking. In fact, they're probably too afraid to post and get their heads snapped off by the hardcore regulars It won't take many people for a single server to seem crowded. I'm sure it won't be like the ridiculous amount of people on the Chinese Beta servers right now, but it will have it's fair share of players.

You also have to take into consideration all of the old school PSO fans that haven't played in years. Many of these players drifted from the game for one reason or another, but the combination of an English release of Blue Burst and Episode 4 might bring quite a few back to the game. Not to mention, the added security of server-side saving will bring back a lot of players who left because of the widespread hacks and duping. I think it will have a good turnout. I just hope everything gets handled well on Sega & Sonic Team's side of things. It's time for one of these PSO titles to really make a comeback for the series and Blue Burst has a lot going for it.