Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    jack of all trades, master of none

anyone watching? thoughts?

id get tired of the sitting, then standing, then repeated and repeated. i hope social security reforms do happen, thats one of the things that caught my attention from the little ive seen.

Supreme Pantless Commander SpikeOtacon's Avatar

I'm waiting for him to make another mistake like his famous "I hear rumors on the internets."

She's a summer love in the spring, fall and winter

The man scares me....

The so called, "President of the United States".

Straight jackets are all the rage this season. RavenTW's Avatar

Two words Fyrin: Edit Button.

Personally, I had enough of a speech for one lifetime when Clinton came to my school. I'd much rather be playing PSO and Halo and posting on Forums than listening to another botched-up President try to sound like he's not in a mid-life crisis.
    Nope, no pictures here. Move along.

On 2005-02-02 18:45, Fyrin wrote:
    The man scares me....
    Oh shut the fuck up.

*edit- Ok that was harsh maybe but it's what I was thinking.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dangerous55 on 2005-02-02 19:59 ]</font>
    Orange Hand. CZ-75b.

On 2005-02-02 19:56, Dangerous55 wrote:
    The man scares me....
    Oh shut the fuck up.
    Agreed.

Fyrin, learn how to hold an actual conversation/arguement. If that's too much to ask, then at least learn to keep your mouth shut.

Crazy Awesome Old Potato Man Guy HAYABUSA-FMW-'s Avatar

On 2005-02-02 20:01, RicoRoyal wrote:
    On 2005-02-02 19:56, Dangerous55 wrote:
    The man scares me....
    Oh shut the fuck up.
    Agreed.

Fyrin, learn how to hold an actual conversation/arguement. If that's too much to ask, then at least learn to keep your mouth shut.
    He probably doesn't know that the State of the Union is an annual thing and isn't just another excuse for the president to be on TV.

Its supposed to be informative and isn't exactly like a presidential debate and that hype that goes with it.

The people(probably mostly kids) that aren't directly affected by the president or his actions seem to be the most adamant about "hating" or being "scared" by him. Kids don't pay taxes, why the hell should they care about Social Security.

Indeed hearing the projected social security shortages by 2050 or so on the news was a bit of an attention grabber. I also loved it when they interviewed someone who had no idea what social security is.

Kalidoscope Walker Nicktendonick's Avatar

Well, if you plan on retiring in the future (like in 30+ years) this is something we should be worried about. I feel that anyone who is retired now should be weary of our future.

But still, I am completly against the banning of gay marriges. If two people love eachother, then they should be able to get married regardless of gender. It shouldn't just a civil union, that just seems stupid.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nicktendonick on 2005-02-03 06:47 ]</font>

On 2005-02-03 04:58, Nicktendonick wrote:
    Well, if you plan on retiring in the future (like in 30+ years) this is something we should be worried about. I feel that anyone who is retired now should be weary of our future.

But still, I am completly against the banning of gay marriges. If two people love eachother, then they should be able to get married regardless of gender. It shouldn't just a civil union, that just seems stupid.
    I didn't actually watch the SotU (how funny was it?), but I do know the main points and read it.

I'm against Social Security reform, as he is making too big a deal out of it, it is fine until at least 2042, and even then can stay in good shape with tweaking. The changes don't seem like they would be worth the cost (isn't it at least a trillian dollars?). It is also risky, and may give back less than you put in and have less benefits than Social Security. And yes, any change to Social Security would affect me highly (I'd be retiring around the time that the "lockbox" would go empty if nothing is changed).

Social:
    And as I've said before, gays should have at least all the same rights that married couples have. The amendment failed; and I'm 99.9% sure it doesn't have enough support now. Also, we need to broaden Stem Cell research (due to many of the lines that were usable now being unusable for some reason), and keep abortions legal.
    I don't like the idea of faith based organizations getting benefits from the government; if the government wants to give aid, then give it directly.

Education:
    No Child Left Behind is a failure. The extra money for college seems like a good idea, but how far into debt will it put us? And it didn't seem like the increase to the Pell Grants is anything compared to the rising cost of colleges.

Business:
    What one person calls a frivolous lawsuit may not be and may right a serious wrong. Sure some are a waste of time and money, but is there truely that many useless lawsuits?

Environment/Business:
    He actually wants to improve the environment? He said he promoted safe and clean nuclear energy, how is that possible?

International:
    Korea- He claims to be trying to talk North Korea out of its nuclear weapons program, but last I knew he wasn't giving Kim Jong Il the types of talks Kim wants.
    Democracy- Not everyone likes it. Let groups of people choose the government they want. Both countries we went into both set up "democracies", but I don't remember anyone asking the citizens what they wanted.