Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    What you call my momma?

You know, a lot of us see themselves playing videogames or pc games when we're older.

The fact is, if you do see yourself playing games on a couch with your roomate at 19 years old, you might as well wish you made those games.

At least i do, i plan on studying to be a computer programmer, and basicly do all those engines for games, models, movements, all that 3D studio max stuff and such.

I know some of you already have connections with people who work with games, or you do so yourself, so why not post some pointers on where to go or from where to start? Like should i start using c++ as a kid? make some levels with simple editors for games like q3a?

Anyway i'll leave it to those specialized in games or lucky enough to know someone who works with them...so did you ever wish to work with games all your life? till your 65?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dabra_Shenrox on 2002-07-13 10:34 ]</font>

I don't really like games enough to want to go through the hassle of debugging code, but I'll sure as hell design the box art and advertisements.

I Dream Of Sleep

I really want to get into game design as a job.

Im currently studying computing at college, doing simple programming and such. I dont want to b a programmer as such, i just wanna know how everything works so i can design the stuff. Ive got to bigger imagination to let go to waste.

Ive also tried doing editing on current game engines. Ive made new skins for games like the sims, Quake 3 and Jedi Knight 2. Im also starting to learn how to map, dunno, might come in handy. Im also doing some voice overs for a EF mod for a mate, dunno when that will come in handy.

Banned

i hate the technical parts of the computer....music is my thing heh.

I used to want to be a game designer/programmer and I got my CS degree for that reason. Then I found out that game designers and programmers make shit for money and decided to look for better work.

On 2002-07-13 10:30, Dabra_Shenrox wrote:

The fact is, if you do see yourself playing games on a couch with your roomate at 19 years old, you might as well wish you made those games.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dabra_Shenrox on 2002-07-13 10:34 ]</font>
    Indeed. I have a lot of plans for future projects, but I still have a long way to go.
    If you want to start, you should look at the old PASCAL. It's pretty basic. Then when you've got the hang of it you can try out C. And then with C you can learn everything about it, since it's a very powerful language, aside from being simple. I've made a C game once for a school project and the feeling is great. It's not something worthy of going to a store to sale, not even something to put on the net to download. But the feeling that some of your friends are having fun with the program in which you put all your effort at coding and imagining the storyline, battles, etc is something very nice.

Post Farmer (minus the S)

I sure want to work on games, I'm just not sure where to start learning. I'm still pretty young so I don't have to worry about it much.

Don't worry about it until college or the end of HS

I think there is going to be such an influx of people trying it that it will be very difficult to get a job in that area. Plus, they dont make alot of cash.
    Orange Hand. CZ-75b.

Banned

my Title is better than yours.