Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I have officially made it into High School History as of today.

In my Freshmen year, I was given the math teacher that everyone hated. And they hated her for good reason. Despite whether or not you got the answer right, and even worked out the problem the way taught in the book. She would count it wrong, because her motto was, "You do it my way, or you fail." Nearly everyone failed.

So one day, I talked to every student in my 2nd period class. (Math class.) We arranged that on the 2nd Wednsday of Feburay, we were all going to skip class and just leave her their all alone. Soon, a good deal of the student population knew about it and so, we knew we couldn't back out. The day came, and we all stayed home leaving the math teacher by herself for that 45 minute class period. This stunt, (among many others of my high school career) made me one of the popular freshmen at Carrol High.

Having just talked to a friend of mine, I learned that this year; the 2nd Wednsday of Feburary, the stunt was pulled again by her 2nd period class. And I was surprised to find out, the dedicated it to me.

Now I hold my place in Carrol High, as the kid that had one entire class skip a session from one of the most hated teachers.

Sarunakai: I wish I had been there.

Kudos for fighting the power. Just hope that the admins don't get word of your fame, or you could get in trouble. Once you're on school property, you have no rights (well, you're a minor anyways, but that's beside the point). They can do whatever they want with you, deal with you in whatever way they deem appropriate. And what about that teacher? Man, that's got to be a blow to the ego. Granted, you may see it as deserved, but still that's gotta hurt. And make sure she doesn't know it's you behind all of this, or she will make your life hell. The last thing you want to do in school is give one of your teachers a reason to have a personal vendetta against you.

Moral of the story: don't get caught.

I read it on PSOW, so it must be true

You have 45 minute periods? >_>;;;

Do you learn anything in those schools?

On 2005-02-09 19:37, SUPAH_CHAO wrote:

We also had block days, so like, class would be about one hour 30 minutes. Though for the lunch perionds on normal days, class is about an hour, and on block it's about 2 hours. =/

And I don't go to that school anymore.

As far as I know, 45 minute periods are fairly normal in most of the high schools around where I grew up.

Further away from the suburbs and Manhattan though, and it seemed to be block scheduling.

We only had an hour and a half for science and labs.

GO TO HELL C:

On 2005-02-09 19:48, Outrider wrote:

As far as I know, 45 minute periods are fairly normal in most of the high schools around where I grew up.

Further away from the suburbs and Manhattan though, and it seemed to be block scheduling.

We only had an hour and a half for science and labs.
    45 minutes seem short though, perhaps just because where I am Juinor High classes were 40 minutes

Now to go report ToH to the admins

But congrats? Although soon people will have no idea why they skip that class on that day

I read it on PSOW, so it must be true

Blah. You'll need to describe to me block scheduling. Confusing >_>

My school's semestered, so 8 classes a year, divided in 2 terms.

Each period is an hour and fifteen minutes, plus lunch is an hour and ten minutes (Long lunch )

You rule. We have a similar problem here at uni, one of my teachers is boring like a chess game. We started the class with 30 people. Last time I attended, we were left to 10 with 5 of them fidgeting or fooling around on the computer. I don't know how many there are left, but I heard the all-time record for that particular class was an end of session with only three people attending the theory classes.
    "Sword logic? That's cute."

Kudos. You really deserve them. ^_^

*gives you peanut butter Kudos bars*