I recently purchased Phantasy Star Online for the Xbox, I made Viridia Ramar and have been playing through the offline part of the game. I am only around level 8, but I have been doing a lot of reading as far as MAG's and different aspects of the game go. I just have a few quick questions if someone doesn't mind answering them.

1. What is all this talk about Ep 3 and Ep 4? I have the Xbox PSO: Ep1&2. Are there two more episodes past Ep 2?
    2. What is the difference in the PC version of the game and the Xbox version?

3. How does Online play differ from Offline, leveling, questing, play in general?

4. Should I beat the game before I give online play a try?

5. Any more general noobie advice would really be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

On 2005-02-22 11:55, Nelak wrote:
    I recently purchased Phantasy Star Online for the Xbox, I made Viridia Ramar and have been playing through the offline part of the game. I am only around level 8, but I have been doing a lot of reading as far as MAG's and different aspects of the game go. I just have a few quick questions if someone doesn't mind answering them.

1. What is all this talk about Ep 3 and Ep 4? I have the Xbox PSO: Ep1&2. Are there two more episodes past Ep 2?
    2. What is the difference in the PC version of the game and the Xbox version?

3. How does Online play differ from Offline, leveling, questing, play in general?

4. Should I beat the game before I give online play a try?

5. Any more general noobie advice would really be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
    Welcome to PSOW.
    1. Ep 3 is a GameCube Exclsuive. Its a card battle based game that steers away from the original strategies for PSO Ep1+2. Ep 4 is an Exclusive to the new PSO Blue Burst, which is only for PC at the current time. Ep 4 features a new story and new worlds and monsters! Check around this forum for more info about Ep 4, while info is sparce its still racking up info.

3. Online Gameplay is more pushing towards team play, Monsters are harder, have stronger resistances...etc etc online. Also There are many more quests for Online Play. One catch for Online Game is you need to be a specific level to enter a new game mode...
    Hard - 20
    V Hard - 40
    Ult - 80
    Those numbers are for GC version, i am sure its the same for Xbox.

4. You can DO Online without finishing the game, depending on your level it may be harder but it is still do-able. Just be more cautious until you have a feel for online alterations.

5. Well, be smart when playing, general knowledge should be put to mind, for Online mode, well be kind and respectful to others, (Like if a FO heals you, thank them...etc). Expect things to be slower online. Like Players not moving then appearing away from you (lag) or a failure to pick up an item. These are the server acting up, not you.

In most cases, try to avoid crowded lobbies online, for they can cause alot of stupid problems. Find some friends and find a cool spot to hang out, That way you know who to expect and nothing too out of the ordinary will happen.

All and all, have fun! Thats the point to PSO anyway!

"It looks cool this way, let's stop."

Customary AWESOME Title Solstis's Avatar

You already know more about the game than I did when I started on the Dreamcast.

Boy, was I clueless.

Uh... the color of Boomas corresponds to what techniques hurt them the most.

Bug Gibooma is Purple :/

XP
    These guides are good for something.

Customary AWESOME Title Solstis's Avatar

On 2005-02-22 12:28, Tingle wrote:

XP
    Ever play Skies of Arcadia?

Purple = Ice. Poo on you.

always nice to see that PSO is still attracting fresh people too it. I remember when i was him almost 4 years ago getting into the best game ever for the first time, there was nothing like it

On 2005-02-22 12:36, Solstis wrote:
    On 2005-02-22 12:28, Tingle wrote:

XP
    Ever play Skies of Arcadia?

Purple = Ice. Poo on you.
    Foo on you. >: (
    Anywho no more being silly