Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Lately its seeming that the bad is far outweighing hte good, because all the news is about anymore is death, rapes, kidnappings, bombs, etc. It makes one hard to have much hope and faith in people anymore. I jsut dont see how things have declined so much, compared to just 20-40 yrs ago and even further back. Things were never as bad as they are now. What is it? Is it drugs? Alcohol? Lack of parenting? Bra burning? What was it that made society end up on a steep downhill slide?

what is your breaking point when you realised society probably has no hope?

Now while the news depresses me like mad, my final breaking point was the 5 yr old girl in Cali. Doesnt mean anyone in the past has been any less important or saddening, but for some reason this little girl jsut really upset me, seeing her parents and her child friends crying...her children not entirely understanding whats happened...and everyone having to explain it to them. Ive cried myself to sleep on this one...its just very upsetting to me. Thats what has made me begin to lose hope in society

I don't think society is getting worse, I think the media is just covering more things, making a big deal of things that should remain private.

I don't think society will reach that point in my life time.

Well, the truth is, it has been like this forever. Just there is a news slump and need this stuff to report on.
    Orange Hand. CZ-75b.

WHAM! created rap (according to my mom)

We report all the little crimes because there are no great crimes. Surely you dont think things are worse now than in the days of Hitler's Reign...or even Reagan's for that matter *rimshot*

Anyway, there was always horrible brutal crimes, they only report them now to sensationalize the media, which draws in revenue, which is what keeps the machine running.

BTW tho i agree on the Samantha Runnion part, she was from MY city in California, less than 2 blocks from my house! I'm glad they caught the guy, id have been really paranoid had i had children already.

I imagine in the past when a girl was kidnapped she wasnt found for years afterward ('remote' areas were MORE remote) and forensic science was a futuristic term.

What are you looking at?

society sucks...thats why theres the online life........

On 2002-07-20 21:39, OMAR wrote:
    society sucks...thats why theres the online life........
    Hehehe or we can just watch reruns of Full House and Family Matters and see how life is really supposed to go!
    Creator of Tethealla, Administrator of Ephinea.

Patate, poil, modit cave, tessenene

On 2002-07-20 21:14, Nerd wrote:

Anyway, there was always horrible brutal crimes, they only report them now to sensationalize the media, which draws in revenue, which is what keeps the machine running.
    Exactly, they just realized bad news sell a lot more than good news, world is just the exact same as ever and will never ever change! There's no hope in humans... =/

Glider's Swabbie

I think you should all go watch "Tommorow Never Dies" and ponder the news media currently. Heh.

Society IS bad though. Sex and such shouldn't be so public.

Society will continue to get worse until human beings can learn to live together without fighting. Since the dawn of time, humans have been nothing more than thorns in each others sides, and they (we) can never seem to be satisfied. So until this world becomes Utopia, we can count on someone always getting pissed off at someone else, or wanting something someone else has. But i do agree with rbf2000, it was probably like this 30 years ago, only it wasn't such an important issue back then. Now-a-days, everything is on t.v. I mean... for gods sake, we even have Reality T.V. What is next? A reality T.V. show where the Ku Klux Klan burns several blocks of black resident areas? Whats sad is if the stupid people in the media think it will sell, we will probably eventually see this. Take, Columbine for example, do you have any idea how many school shootings there have been since? Stupid kids saw just how big a deal that was and now we have 50 copy-cat crimes! And then people blame it on the movies and music. HA! ok.. i'm done bitching.

On 2002-07-20 21:59, Falkon wrote:
    Sex and such shouldn't be so public.
    Now that's where you're wrong. We need sex to be more out in the open and there needs to be more of it going on!

ROCK!
    Creator of Tethealla, Administrator of Ephinea.