Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

On 2005-03-22 18:40, DB wrote:
    The Partisan is kinda iffy, but early on it's a nice little piece of equipment to have, especially since certain IDs can grab one up in Ult forest, makes them very accessable. As for Swords... Icky. I learned how crappy they were in c-mode, and constantly stray away from them, except for my Zanba.
    The problem with swords in cmode is that a HUcast has awful starting ATA. If he can find a Sword with hit, you can do a lot of damage to the enemy.

As for Red Sword and Red Partisan, I like using both. It just depends on the quest/area as to which one I will use.

well i hate red weapons in the end exept the red handgun is nice.

Old Man

Swords in c-mode:

If you're running E2C2, the sword with hit% or a sword on your hucaseal is your best friend. Nothing will take a pack of bots or wolves down more quickly and keep you from getting whacked in the back. Haruna made that point long ago and I have since used it to clear rooms - if I'm lucky enough to get a good one to drop.

Back to the reds, ditto the other comments on the red handgun versus the red mechguns. The red handgun is MUCH better mostly because I can use it on my forces and hunters and I have so many better options for my rangers. The only reason you would see a pair of red mechguns being used is either 1) for looks or 2) because they haven't found anything better.

Chain Sawd and multiple double-saber weps including s-rank twin beat red sword. S-rank partisan beats red partisan. Rainbow baton beats red slicer. Kef may challenge me on this and I bow to his greater expertise. This is my experience thus far, limited as it is. All the red weapons are good to have and worth hunting and will be great weapons to use until you get something better - but there is something better for almost every red weapon except maybe the versatility of that beautiful red handgun.

Time to go kill some rappies.

off topic but once you finish ep2challenge mode do you both get the prize or just one of the members

On 2005-03-23 13:10, Sitka wrote:
    Back to the reds, ditto the other comments on the red handgun versus the red mechguns. The red handgun is MUCH better mostly because I can use it on my forces and hunters and I have so many better options for my rangers. The only reason you would see a pair of red mechguns being used is either 1) for looks or 2) because they haven't found anything better.

Chain Sawd and multiple double-saber weps including s-rank twin beat red sword. S-rank partisan beats red partisan. Rainbow baton beats red slicer. Kef may challenge me on this and I bow to his greater expertise. This is my experience thus far, limited as it is. All the red weapons are good to have and worth hunting and will be great weapons to use until you get something better - but there is something better for almost every red weapon except maybe the versatility of that beautiful red handgun.

Time to go kill some rappies.
    Large amount of complete agreement with you there. Consider also:

Red Handgun is easy to get in Ult (pipable in Redria and probably faster outright in Purplenum anyway, besides the fact that lots of other IDs get it as an "oh, yeah, that too" drop). It's also got more ATP than any handgun but GULD (um, and maybe S-Rank, which I can't be bothered to look up), which is next to impossible to get. It doesn't have variable ATP, which is nice (when I'm soloing, which is always 'cause I'm offline, I really, really want to know exactly when something's going to drop dead. One combo, two, three or whatever).

Red Mechs are not only beat out by the Y9kM on range, and by the Guld Milla on...everything, but in addition there's the ubiquitous L&K14 Combat, which while simply not as powerful is way more common than Red Mechs (and can therefore be found more commonly with solid hit%s). And, even for Rangers, there's the even more ubiquitous Charge Vulcan, which anyone 151+ can pick up in the shop.

Doesn't Soul Banish also beat Red Partisan?

So I concur-- Red weapons are all useful, and most worth specifically hunting for ('cause the vast majority of them are easier to get than their superior cousins), but it's the Red Handgun that stands out as the Best Of Class.

On 2005-03-23 14:12, DezoPenguin wrote:
    Doesn't Soul Banish also beat Red Partisan?
    It does, by a few ATP points.

What you said applies to Red Slicer, the only better is Rainbow Baton, an 11 star drop.
    And Red Saber, only beaten by Lavis Cannon.

Red Partisan has an advantage over Soul Banish, better odds at hit%, but Soul Banish is equippable by 2 more chars, that pwns.

The mechs and Handgun are easily the most useful compared to their similar drop alternates.

Red sword is too unreliable and ugly for me to use, and Im sure there are many who agree...

On 2005-03-22 17:50, ShadowsMinion wrote:
    Are you guys Crazy!! RED MECHGUN Kicks much more ass in the long run than Red Handgun. You just need to level up to a decent accuracy and power. Red sword is very good also, and Red Saber for single enemies. Red partisan is only really useful in Mine, and I don't know about Red dagger but daggers in general aren't very good.
    This is why I love you
    You ignored what they said though, Red handgun is a very good hunter wep, especially when it's 20/15/0/0/25. Wooo 25 hit!
    CHARACTERS, All on ult, GC offline, Last updated 1/31/10:
    Me: Yellowboze, HUcast, lvl. 156---Joe: Redria, RAmarl, 142
    GamE n WatcH: Greenill, FOnewm, 133---Pyrofreak: Oran, FOmar, 126
    Sil'fer: Skyly, HUnewearl, 108---Mr. Beeez: Viridia, HUmar, 105
    SGT. Cool: Bluefull, RAcast, 104---The internet: Purplenum, FOmarl, 63

I read it on PSOW, so it must be true

On 2005-03-23 15:34, lain2k3 wrote:
    Red sword is too unreliable and ugly for me to use, and Im sure there are many who agree...
    Although I agree on the unreliable bit, this isn't a question of taste, now is it? As far as I'm concerned, all the red weapons are pretty lame

On a side note, when did you get back?

On 2005-03-20 18:40, SUPAH_CHAO wrote:
    On 2005-03-20 13:34, Kef wrote:
    Sabers are good on melee FOs, compare weapons within their own class.
    Yes, but melee FOs, as well as other classes, have very many other, better options.

EDIT: A weapon I've never heard of from Episode 4 called Blue Saber I hear is a nice alternative. But, since 90% of the new weapons in Episodle 4 are retarded, and this isn't exactly the most original...

ToH told me to post this

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SUPAH_CHAO on 2005-03-20 19:07 ]</font>
    Actually there is a ep4 wep that looks like a blue saber but is really a katana and it's called Mursame.

I actually like the red daggers on my hucaseal o.o

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ForceEJ on 2005-03-23 22:53 ]</font>