Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Slayer of 100,000 Monsters

For swords and partisans that both hit multiple enemys, sword get huge ATP boosts. But then Partisans who are very similar (slightly higher ATA, ect.)
    have WAY lower ATP. The soul banish for example has up to 375 ATP, when many other swords greatly surpass that, the dragon slayer even comes close if im not mistaken. Whats the deal with this?

Partisans are fast and accurate. They also typically have a longer range (correct me if I'm wrong)

The sword animationis slow. It also takes the weilder towards the enemies alot more than a partisan. The final sword attack also leaves its weilder open to attacks, while partisans have a very fast recovery after the thrid attack.

Hope this helps!

The animations are a big deal for the partisan. Notice how when you swing a sword for the third time, the last swing animation leaves you horribly open? A partisan won't leave you open, even after a full blown combo. And of course you get a much nicer ATA with Partisans.

In general they were stripped of ATP because of the difference in animations. A partisan user can just combo and escape and repeat without ever getting hit usually. With a sword, you almost have to limit yourself to two swings to be safe. Also, I think Partisans have just a tad bit more reach then Sword types. Not sure on that though.
    The more things change... The more they stay the same...

Thats true, but for the best partisan ( in my opinion), 375? I mean even most mediocre rare swords blow by that. Youd think to level out the comparison theyd bump it up alittle. dont get me wrong, i love me some partisans, but if you dont have alot of strength to back up your hits in ultimate, it just doesnt cut it.

i think swords do because the guy takes a forward step when u swing the blade still though swords do leave u open and are slow

use a 50% to hit Charge gungnir or Vjaya, they will easily make up for the lack of ATP with their specials alone.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: kazuma56 on 2005-03-23 19:02 ]</font>

Thus, mostly why HUcasts use Partisans. They have superior ATP and can make them work very effectivly. Also, the higher ATA helps HUcasts hit their targets more reliably as well. And i'm not sure Soul Banish is the strongest Partisan type weapon? I'll have to check on that.

However, one strange thing, the weapon called Lightning Partisan is actually a Double Saber type, and kicks quite a bit of ass, higher ATP then Soul Banish. So not sure if you can count that as an actualy Partisan. I'll look through the Partisan types and see if Soul Banish is actually the strongest.

The Partisan Of Lightning is strong, but not for a double saber. It only comes over the twin brand, stag, and standard double saber.
    Im making a skyly HUcast, and i need to know if i have a good chance for getting a soul banish,; i like your idea DB. I should be using partisans more.
    Thanks for the help so far

Got the top 3 Rare Partisan Weapons.

1: Soul Banish (ATP 375)

2: Imperial Pick (ATP 300)

3: Berdysh (ATP 290)

This is not including the S-Rank Partisan, as I do not know what it's ATP would be at it's max grind of 200. If someone knows, please post the info of its ATP on this thread.

Now im happy, I have the best chance to get a Soul Banish.
    1/394 Delbiter Ult. Seabed. Sweet, now all i need is massive training. :