Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hey there. Just post the games that you really looked forward to playing, but when you played it, you were disappointed. Here are mine.

Driver 2-
    Now I am not saying that this game was bad, but I think that its predecessor was a lot better. Yes, Driver lacked the some the cool features that Driver 2 had (i.e. the ability to get out of the vehicles, curved roads, and freeways), but I found that Driver was more fun to play than Driver 2. I also didn't like Driver 2's linear story. At least in Driver there were other ways of getting to the end of game, thanks to the answering machine filled with job offers.

Tomorrow Never Dies-
    This game seemed cool at first, but ended up to be really bad. I beat it in one day, and never played it again. The game was really short, had horrible controlling responses, was not very challenging, and the graphics were not to great. I think the only reason why I wanted to get this game was to drive Bond's BMW that he drove in the movie. Driving that BMW was the best thing you did in the game.

Vigilante 8 Second Offensive-
    I really had fun Vigilante 8. I couldn't wait for Second Offensive to come out. Well, when I finally got it, I thought it was cool at first. The game had some neat features. These features included the ability to upgrade the vehicles, having temporary hover craft ability for the cars in the playing area, and had some new vehicles to play as. The complaint that I have about this game was that the mission objectives were really obscure. This factor made that game annoyingly difficult to complete the whole game.

Max Payne (PS2 version)-
    I heard nothing, but good things about this game. When I finally got my PS2, it was one of the first games that I rented. I put it in, played it for an hour, and never played it again. I was very disappointed with it. The graphics sucked, and the controls were set up bad. The best thing that I found about the game, was the ability to slow down your surrounding environment. I imagine that this game was a lot better on the PC.
    Nothing is impossible

Hmm. I'd have to saay Luigi's Mansion.

I Dream Of Sleep

Ive been disapointed by loadsa games.

Dino Crisis (psx): really wanted this game, played it for a couple of hours then i relised all it was was trying to find codes for doors and nothing else.

Soul Reaver 2 (PC): First game was amazing, second was frustratingly the same. Same bad guys, same animatios, same switch throwing...

Zombie Revenge (DC): Too small a health metre to be able to do anything, and it was to unforgiving. And zombie monkeys (hates them zombie monkeys).

Sims on Holiday (PC): Loved The Sims, loved Livin it Up, thought House Party was cool, tried to kill myself through boredom with On Holiday. Havent played the Sims since i bought this a couple of months ago.

I got alot more, but im to lazy to mention em.

Hmmm it's hard to say, since I don't buy lots of games these days...
    I'd have to say kirby's pinball adventure, since there wasn't an ending with credits =^_^=;;;;;

Sonic Adventure 2 - Sure, it amazed me with it's speed, graphics and storyline when I played it for the first time... but the Tail's / Eggman's levels are boring. And they took out the adventure field from sonic 1! Besides, I like that kind of music, but I think they should give more variety to the stage's music background like they did on Sonic adventure 1.

Gran Turismo 3 - Nice graphics didn't make me want to play through another GT game.

Medal of Honor(ps2) - Just wasn't as good as I heard.

MGS2 - Raiden & the story stunk.

Those are the more recent games I can think of. Don't get me wrong I think these games had some good things to them as well.
    "This plan is so bad it HAS to be ours."

Super Monkey Ball
    Did I miss something? What's the point of it? ^_^

Metal Gear Solid 2
    Let me skip those fucking videos!

Virtual On Oratorio Tangram
    I bought the JP version cause I'm collecting DC games... but... perhaps you really have to play it with the custom controller... I don't know... but since I don't have it, the game just sucked for me.

Zelda: Majora's Mask
    I played this game like 5 mins. Then I threw the controller away and put back the N64 into the closet. I hate when the first level of a videogame is just a "tutorial" (to learn the controls).

Halo
    While playing I was thinking... "what's so dam great in this game? Everyone says it's great but why?". I completed the first two levels, then I quit. A friend said "it becomes more and more awesome when you play outside, driving veichles". So, I tried the 3rd level: got a jeep and shot some enemies.
    After that I returned my Xbox.

How dare you judge x-box like that beatneko!
    oh wait, this isn't my greg account anymore

I'm kinda disappointed with every gamecube game =^-^=;;; Pikman looked like fun and sounded like fun, but I had to quit playing it =3.

Saiyan Grand Master

Here they are:

Golden Sun: It was awesome then all of a sudden it stopped, I had no idea that it was one of those game that comes in series format.

Emepherial Fantasia: It was one of the first RPG for the PS2 and I thought it was going to be great, it's the crappiest game in the whole PS2 universe. Awful graphics and uninspiring game play topped with "going nowhere" storyline

Sonic Adventure 2: I really liked the first one because of the RPG elements

Straight jackets are all the rage this season. RavenTW's Avatar

FINALLY! Someone else liked the adventure sequences in SA! Without that, You couldn't even call SA2 an Adventure! Although I still like the game.

I'd say Bloody Roar 3 was dissapointing. I was expecting interactive stages. Maybe I didn't play enough to find the interactiveness of the levels, but still, it was dissapointing. PF is better. Period.

PSO V.2- Same old thing, only better, right? Maybe. The fee didn't help, and although there were 2 new ONLINE-ONLY features and a new difficulty, I can't even buy online, and I had only once unlocked V-hard. The new weapons and mags were a small compinsation, but I wihed they could have put in more stuff, like they're doing in Ep 1 and 2.

Spider-man 2(PS)- Pure crap compared to it's predecessor, even if it DID have better graphics.

Extreme-G3(GC)-I had some pretty high hopes for this game, and the whole racing aspect was great. But with everyone unloading on you, you couldn't enjoy the layout of the track or anything like that.

That's all I can think of for now, I'll edit my post once I remember the game I was thinking of...
    Nope, no pictures here. Move along.