Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Truth Seeking Hunter

Hey everyone, I rarely post any topics, but I have a question about getting a rare from a rare enemy using a force. I have a Fonewearl and she eats rappies like churches chicken, but when I find a rare rappy I can never get the rare they drop. I have piped in Fake in Yellow and saw TWO PAL RAPPIES at the SAME TIME in the SAME ROOM and they STILL WON'T DROP THE STUPID RARE and the drop rate is 1/2 for the Angel Harp! Any suggestions people?

Just to let you know, the droprate for the Angel Harp is 1/21. I would expect that it would take a few more rappies before you find one. Also, make sure you are not using a hacked mag.

how do they not drop? they dont drop anything or just drop crap?
    if they dont drop anything, try to hit them when they get up again or zonde them twice from a distance (first zonde, they run, second zonde).
    if they only drop crap, well, that's the game...
    on one of my chars two hildeblues heads dropped on the same day (not even piping), but i haven't seen another one since...
    keep trying, it'll drop eventually!

When the Pals are dead, cast Gifoie, leave the room so they'll try to get up and then get hit so they will drop something. By the way, even if the droprate was 7/8, that's still no guarantee to get a rare drop after two Pals.

Truth Seeking Hunter

Sorry you all. I'm just used to getting my rares on my first try. Every item except the stone of irisistia was dropped in one swoop, even if the drop rate was 1/21. But, thanks for the encouragement and I will get that Angel Harp one day. Stupid Rappies.

Good lucking hunting that Angel Harp. You may have to kill several dozen Pal Rappies to find it. I know I got lucky when it only took me 6 Pal Rappies to find it.

I figured doing runs of FoS is better than piping, no? That way you get the experience too, and they are such easy kills with rabarta.

I've done about 20-25 runs of FoS on DC v2 and have not found one rare rappy. Matter of fact, I only found 1(!) Nar Lily back on normal

2 questions:

1. Does piping even work on v2?

2. Am I just not being pacient enough?!

On 2005-04-07 09:24, sviatgabor wrote:
    I figured doing runs of FoS is better than piping, no? That way you get the experience too, and they are such easy kills with rabarta.

I've done about 20-25 runs of FoS on DC v2 and have not found one rare rappy. Matter of fact, I only found 1(!) Nar Lily back on normal

2 questions:

For a rare enemy to appear on v2, the rate for one to come is 1/1000 instead of 1/512 on GC/X-Box. Also, quests in v2 does not drop a rare even from a rare enemy.

On 2005-04-07 09:28, Jason wrote:
    On 2005-04-07 09:24, sviatgabor wrote:

2 questions:

For a rare enemy to appear on v2, the rate for one to come is 1/1000 instead of 1/512 on GC/X-Box. Also, quests in v2 does not drop a rare even from a rare enemy.
    Ah, man, WTF. That's mean. I need that info, thanks!

Truth Seeking Hunter

Geez Jason, it's dumb luck if you even find a rare on V.2 isn't it?