Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I'm level 100, have over 200 hours played. Best items I have found? Double saber. Sure I have found the others like Varistas and DB's Saber, but those are all over the freaking place. I have been through ruins on v-hard so many times it's driving me nuts. I've even done from the forest all the way to the end of ruins a number of time and still nothing. <sigh> Have never seen an ability or battle unit, let alone technique or resist.

What could I be doing wrong?

I'm right where you are now. I have found a couple of odd, useless, weak, extra rare rares (proto garbage wear). I have also done the same as you and gotten the same as you. Nowadays, I'm going to try more offline play, as all of the rare rares I have found have come from there (barring cbringers arms). Kinda sucks huh? Maybe we're just unlucky personally.

When you play online, your rares (and chances of finding them) are determined by your game's host. Join lots of online games and you'll find stuff. One game I found freakin' 10 or so Varistas and 4 Visks. Other games I've found nada. I've still never seen a loose double saber or been in a game with anyone who has found one. Part of the experience I guess.

-SSZ

There is no "loose" double saber, they're VERY rare (I was lucky enough to find one) what it is, is, they're only findable on the ruins, Vhard, online (from my knowledge, I could be wrong) they appear as "SPECIAL WEAPON" as do lots of other items, carefule when checking, sometimes it's identified wrong.

Xbob and Super, of course double saber's aren't going to be given out or traded for garbage rares. How many hours have you played? They are not that rare. In the 150 hours I have logged I found four. If you look on the trading boards, you will see that many people have more than one already. Honestly, I don't even consider them super rares.

Super, you are right, the host determines it with his ID.

And as for where doublesabers are found, I found two in vhard caves, one in mines, and one in ruins.

And for identifying items wrong, yes they can be identified to an inaccurate modifier (+1 - +55) and to varying %, but they will never be identified as the wrong item. If the tekker says its a varista, its a varista. If you keep it in you hands and tek it later, it will still be a varista.

Xbob- I found double-sabers in v-hard forest and v-hard mines(both offline), and I know people who have found them in normal ruins.

From my experiance special weapons, except for %'s, are fixed in stone. Trust me, I took 20 crappy DB's sabers to all of the tekkers in multiple online games and they were all still DB's sabers.

Not mine, i get so many weapons that are useless and unneeded, secionID - bluefull and i usually get rods and canes for a ramar ??

You can actually equip special weapons before you ID them and it will correctly show what they are. Because of this I'm sure that no matter how many times you ID an item, it won't change what the actual item is.. just the percentages, +'s, etc.

double saber is not that rare......I had like 7 of them......traded them all......I found them in v-hard mine, v-hard cave, hard mine, etc.....never actually found one in ruin.....yeah, I played for 190 hours and I found 1 photon craw......I haven't seen any delsaber's arm, c-bringer's arm nor s-beat's arm........only tons db's saber, blade dance, club of laconium etc......it sucks.....

oh yeah, I have got one double saber from the mine boss.....after the fight in one of the box......if you want to find double saber.....I would suggest you try mine.....I found most of them there......