The Last Survivor

Prologue

Pioneer 1's mission was to find a new home, a new hope for a dying world. Many stories of what happened went untold because of the lack of survivors, all but one, the story of the last survivor. In its attempt to explore the planet, a platoon of twenty soldiers was dispatched to the southern continent of Jinjuque. The flight of Viper 3, a small transport vehicle, was disturbed by an attack by Gal Griffon. The vehicle was forced to crash land. At first communication was available and the commanding officer General Daniel C. would make it a point of making continuous communications. The crew was making its way north to the site were Pioneer 1 had established base. One day the communications stopped and Pioneer 1 would no longer respond. The crew continued its way north till one night when they were attacked by monsters they had never seen before, Tollaws which ripped to shreds almost every member of the crew in a destructive battle. When the battle was over only two men stood, Gen. Daniel C. and Squad Leader John Adams. They continued till from afar off the finally saw the smoke raising from Pioneer 1's camp. That night in the sight of desperation, John Adams took his life. In the shame of failing as a commander, Gen Daniel C. decided to not reveled himself to the soon to arrive Pioneer 2. He began living amongst the wild monster of Ragol. His weapon was a special metal blade that soon took a life of its own to protect its owner he called The Last Survivor. This is its story.

Chapter 1

Scenario: A platoon of military rangers just invaded a mine on the outskirts of Ragol searching supplies of photon drops used in making weaponry and grinders, which are used to upgrade current weaponry. Lieutenant Commander Amneris of the Alpha Squad is in command of an army of RAcaseals about 100 strong and about 25 human rangers.

Amneris: These mines are crawling with creatures similar to the caves in Ragol, we might need backup.

Derrick: Not at all, these RAcaseals we brought along will do the job of shredding any of those monsters that try to get near us. Besides, your half newman, you'll keep us empowered in a strong fight.

Amneris: Half, not fully, I drain myself badly if I use too many techniques.

(A battle breaks out, guns shots heard as in the middle of a war, and all of a sudden...)

Derrick: What the ...arrrgghhh!!!

(The RAcaseals begin going down as a swarm of vulmers attacks)

Derrick: What are those?

Amneris: Don't know, never seen them before, so shut up and shoot!

Derrick: Even the Droids can not beat them, lets retreat.

Amneris: All units retreat immediately!

(The entire force begins to pull back just to notice more of them burrowing out of the ground behind them)

Amneris: OH NO! WERE SURROUNDED! Derrick , Derriiiiiick!!!!!!

(Amneris looks back and sees Derrick being devoured by govulmer. She looks around and sees the RAcaseals being overwhelmed and losses hope. She drops to her knees as tears begin to roll down her face. A vulmer approaches her in a horrid charge. At its sight she faints. Hours later, she opens her eyes and finds herself in a hilltop. The crashing waters of a waterfall can be heard and a blanket knit from the feathers of a pal rappy covers her.)

Amneris: Were am I, what am I doing here?

Man, with a soft broken voice: You should have never have come to Ragol

Amneris: What? Who are you?

Man: Great evil rules this planet, greater evil than we could have ever imagined.

Amneris: What are you talking about? You are not wearing a Pioneer 2 military issued uniform. Are you a hunter? Whats your section ID? Whom are you reporting to?

Man: I will help you go back to the Ragol Forest Portal, but you must promise to tell everyone to leave this evil place and search elsewhere for a home.

Amneris: Your not answering any of my questions. Are you even listening to me? Were is the rest of my unit?

Man: They are all dead. Killed by creatures that were locked out of the main areas of Pioneer 1's base camp. Locked out for a reason. You do not have the weaponry to defeat them.

(Amneris begins to cry at the though of loosing the entire squad. She trembles at the night cold)

Amneris: I cant go back. I have no one there. My family came ahead in Pioneer 1, all but my brother Derrick. And now he is dead too. I want to die!!

Man: No, you do not want to die. If we all died, there truly would be no hope. If I would have died, you also would be dead right now. But I lived and because I did. I was able to save your life today. Likewise you will serve as hope for others.

Amneris: Who are you, please tell me.

Man: I am General Daniel C. of Pioneer 1.

Daniel reveals to her all that had happened with him as the night fades away...

Chapter 2

The two are back on the way to the portal on the Ragol forest that leads back to Pioneer 2 as Daniel promised to help her get back. Amneris had explained how resources on Pioneer 2 depleted and how they were living off the resources on Ragol, meaning they had no way of leaving the planets orbit and searching for another planet. She also told him how the government was covering up all the problems of Ragol from the people and how they had told the population of Pioneer 2 that the deaths of Pioneer 1 were due to and accidental explosion and what they had really discovered. The two approached the portal.

Amneris: Come with me.

Daniel: I cannot. I no longer want to deal with the military. They will want to know all that happened. I cannot live with my failures.

Amneris: I know what you mean. The army that was with me was mostly new techno droids created for combat. Unlike the older models, which could think for themselves, these were created with no personality to prevent them from asking for wages or freedom. They were programmed only to protect humans instead of thinking for themselves like free Casts and Casaels. The government lost billions of meseta on them. Now I have to explain why. This is going to suck.

Daniel: Well here you are. Bye, forget me OK. I don't exist.

(Daniel turns around and begins to walk away. Amneris thinks to herself, "I can't let him leave")

Amneris: Stop! Wait!. I got an idea.

Daniel: huh!?

Amneris: How about a new life? I can get you a hunters ID through my friend Bernie and perhaps you can just start a new. I will set up a telepipe so you can sneak about Pioneer 2 without the guards knowing. You can start all over, your life, as a hunter.

Daniel: Why?

Amneris: Why what? (Thinks to herself "This guy is weird")

Daniel: Why are you helping me.

Amneris: You saved me, I just want to return the favor.

Daniel: I have no quarters in Pioneer 2.

Amneris: You can live with me. I was to lose my life when you found me, my life is yours now.

Daniel: I can not do that. It is wrong!

Amneris: It would be wrong if I let you living out here like an animal. If you don't come with me I will report you to the military. They will arrest you for going a wall. Who knows what they will do to you then. Perhaps dissect you to see if you contracted parasite cells.

(Daniel smirks at the girl)
    Daniel: OK, just keep me a secret OK.

Amneris: Sure, just wait out here. I will send Bernie to get you and bring you to me. If anyone asks who you are tell them you are my fiance who is coming to be with me. I will take care of the rest.

Daniel: Fiance

Amneris: Its just a cover.

(Daniel stares at her weirdly)
    Daniel: A cover? hmmm...OK

That night a mysterious RAmar enters the forest and yells out "HUmar Daniel, We have completed our assignment!" Daniel goes to meet the RAmar.

Daniel: I assume your Bernie. What assignment, what are you talking about.

Bernie (whispers): Just to throw off anyone listening in on us. Here is your paper work, Section ID, Birth Certificate, and a paper work for a guild job, just incase the guards want to know why you were on Ragol.

Daniel: How much did she tell you?

Bernie: Everything, but don't worry. I don't have any love for the government. Quite the catch you got there too. She is quite a lady.

Daniel: What are you talking about. She is just helping me get back on the starship.

Bernie: Gee, then why she filed the marriage papers. She must really what to cover up your identity.

Daniel: Marriage papers? What the...?

Bernie: Well its none of my business Mr. Outlaw, she is paying me quite a lot of cash for this job. Follow me I will take you to her. And remember if the guards ask why only my name is on the papers, we completed this mission together. I asked you for help.

The two entered Pioneer 2 together and got past the security gate and into the lobby. They took a small transport ship that took them to Star Ship ANTARES. Bernie led him to Amneris apartment aboard the ship. Bernie knocks on the door of her habitation. The door unlocks.

Amneris: There you are. I owe you one Bernie. Thanks for everything.

Bernie: No problem. see you later Amneris. I got to report to the guild.

Amneris: So quickly. Ok, well thanks.

Bernie turns and walks away and Daniel steps into to her quarters.

Amneris: I told him you were an outlaw. (smiles)

Daniel: Marriage papers?

Amneris: Well it would not be believable if you were my fiance and we did not register. You know as a soldier I must report these things.

Daniel: But marriage papers?

Amneris: Yup, and to assure you can stay in the quarters with me I not only submitted the papers but I forged them as well and submitted them. In other words, were already married.

(pushes Daniel with a smile on her face). Daniel blushes and thinks to himself "I should have let the Vulmer eat her."

Amneris: You were right, I lived to give hope to others. To you. And you lived to give me hope. This is the bond on which we will base this marriage. I have no one, you have no one. But now we have each other.

16 years passed, Amneris and Daniel had a son John Daniel nicknamed Pudge who was now 14. Amneris sent the boy at the age of 5 to be schooled as a Force being that he had some newman blood due to her mother who was a newman. He was instructed by a scholar of techniques and the greatest newman ever LaMax Orion. At the age of 12 he had fully mastered all known techniques with the teachings of LaMax. The boys blood as a newman allowed him to master powerfully techniques normal humans could not learn but his tough human physique allowed him to muster power fully attacks with out using to much of his physical strength.

Soon would be discovered a great secret kept from all by the Newmans.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ice_ryu on 2005-05-11 12:19 ]</font>
    PS Zero FC: 4941 5533 9743

HUmans all the way baby!!!

Divine Guardian

Intresting... why is it written in script format if I may ask?

Chapter 3

The young John Daniel and his mentor sit in a open area in the southern outskirts of the Ragol Forest. A soft wind blows across and can be heard out loud as the two sit in utter silence. The silence finally breaks...

LaMax- You have been with me for many years now boy and I think it is time I send you back to your parents.

Pudge ? Back home? Back to my parents? Why, have I failed you?

LaMax- You have learned much in the ways of the force. All that I can teach you, you have learned. All that is left I am forbidden to teach you for you are a human. Although the elf blood of the Newmans runs through you, they would disapprove if I taught you the sacred spells.

Pudge - Sacred spells?

LaMax- Yes, spells that could only be learned by those forces who have gained the most powerful minds through years of travail. You however have accomplished much at such a young age I have become tempted to teach you these sacred arts. You would be the most powerful force ever.

Pudge ? Forgive me master but I do not know of what you speak.

LaMax ? Well? You know Foi and its more powerful version Gafoi and Rafoi. You know these exist for all the elemental spells. But could you ever fathom a more powerful light or dark spell?

Pudge ? I know Megid and Grants, but are you telling me that more powerful versions of these exist.

LaMax ? Yes my boy, these spells are sacred spells that not even newmans can control. Many have tried to master these techniques and perished. A newman has a frail body and these techniques could drain the life right from us. Only through much time and though have just the greatest forces mastered these techniques.

Pudge ? What are they?

LaMax ? They are known as ?The Heavens Judgement? and the ?Hell Crush?? Ratagrants and RataMegidsto. But you heard enough. I will send you to your father now. Come back to me when you have fully peaked your knowledge of what I have already taught you. Meditate on my teachings and master to the fullest the techniques. Perhaps I will teach you these great techniques when you return. If I find you worthy that is.

Pudge ? But when should I return?

LaMax ? When you are truly ready, you shall know to return. Fair well my boy. Send your mother my greetings and thank her for your company for all these years.

Pudge - Yes, I shall do as you asked

The boy turned around and entered the forest on his way to the Forest Portal to Pioneer 2.

Mean while on Gal Da Val Island, A squad of soldiers walked into a lab set up in a camp
    built in the West Tower. One of the soldiers is carrying a glass tube container. Inside was what seemed to be some type of worm.

Soldier 1- Dr. Cheshire, we successfully extracted the specimen from the disposal unit as you requested. This is one of the maggots that were feeding in that area.

Dr. Cheshire ? Was anyone infected.

Soldier 1 ? Negative Sir, no infections.

Dr. Cheshire ? Have the your squad inspected physically regardless. Anyone infected must be killed instantly. The dangers are far too great for the price of one man.

Soldier 2- Dr, if these parasites are so dangerous. Why is Dr. Natasha Milarose having this research carried out.

Dr. Cheshire ? All that is confidential, but I will tell you just what will stop you from asking anymore questions. We are trying to develop a way to permanently free the planet from these parasites. Once this is done, the planet can be inhabited without any fears of another Olgaflow incident. We want to create a vaccine to counteract any type of human infection.

Soldier 1- Leave the Dr alone. I am sure he has a lot to do.

Soldier 2 ? Yes sir.

The soldiers walk away, as the Dr lifts up the container up to the light to take a good look at it. ?I will find a way to cure you Elena?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ice_ryu on 2005-05-12 06:33 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ice_ryu on 2005-05-12 07:44 ]</font>

Chapter 4

Daniel stands staring at the sword hanging on the wall that kept him alive the days he lived in hiding on the planet Ragol and that helped him win so many ferocious battles as a hunter. The sound of knocking heard behind him and a soft ladies voice “My love, come here quickly, I have a suprise.” Daniel turns around and makes his way to the door but before he can open it, the door swings open.

Pudge: DAD!!!!

Daniel: My SON.

The two quickly embrace and tears roll down of the elder eyes.

Daniel: It’s been so long, You are almost a man. I cannot believe I let you go.

Pudge: It’s great to be home, still I learned so much I cannot truly say that I regret being apart from you two. Nevertheless, it is great to be home.

Pudge stares above his fathers shoulder to see the Last Survivor hanging on the wall. In almost a desperate fashion he quickly questions his father…

Pudge: Dad what is that thing.

Daniel: Its my sword, my soul itself rests in that weapon. It is kind of my life force.

Pudge: Amazing, Can I use that thing?

Daniel: It takes many years of combat training to be able to yield such a powerful weapon.

Pudge: Please teach me. I want to be as versatile a fighter as possible.

Daniel: Well I made so much money as a hunter that we have no need to work anymore, although your mother is still a member of the military. Since I have so much time on my hands I guess I can train you a little tomorrow. Wait, how long will you be around anyway?
    Pudge: I was dismissed by LaMax since I could no longer learn anything else till I master the techniques I already know. I will remain with you as long as you allow me Dad.

Daniel: Your allowed to stay as long as you want my son. But wont my training disrupt you from mastering the arts taught to you by LaMax.

Pudge: Dad your discipline will only make me stronger. I will meditate my evenings on what Master LaMax taught me so I will learn to master both.

Daniel: Master..hahahaha, you have not even begun to learn. Wake up tomorrow early and I will begin to teach you about weapons and there composition.

The two rambled on for the rest of the evening soon joined by Amneris. They had much catching up to do and did not leave a second in which words were not spoken. Soon the night came and they all went to sleep. In the morning, Pudge noticed a letter on his pillow telling him to eat breakfast and meet his father at the Forest. Pudge quickly grabbing something to eat rushed in excitement to meet his father. Entering the forest, he saw his father laying out a large array of weapons of all types.

Daniel: You made it son.

Pudge: I am here. Why so many weapons?

Daniel I want to teach you about weapons and how they work. This is of great importance in choosing the weapon of choice for yourself.

Pudge: OK dad, let me hear it

Daniel: OK son, just don’t sleep on me. First lets discuss photon.

Pudge: OK

Daniel: There are many different types of photons used it creating weapons. It is the type of photon that determines the damage a weapon can deal. The most common photon crystals are colored, green, blue, pink, red, and yellow. This is also the order of power of a photon crystal. A yellow charged photon weapon is greatly superior to that of a green photon. Some weapons are also crafted using elemental photon crystals in conjunction with normal crystals. Elemental crystals give the weapon the ability to cast techniques. A weapon with a Fire Photon Crystal can dish out a foi strike. These crystals are very rare and weapons crafted with these crystals can be pricy.

Pudge: OK, got that.

Daniel: Then there is the very rare grey photon which mysteriously draws energy from your opponent and gives it to you. My Last Survivor even though its not a photon weapon, it had grey crystals inserted when crafted to assist me in battle. Also some elemental crystals can be combined by placing them adjacently to cause different effects on opponent. A ice photon crystal with a lightning charged photon crystal can cause the enemy to go into a confused status. Finally there are also photons crystals that work as amplifiers. Meaning a crystal that was developing into a fire crystal but mined prematurely can not be used to cast foi, but in the hands of someone that can cast foi it can amplify there damage.

Pudge: Understood.

Daniel: Very well then. I shall now begin training you on using a saber. Once you have learned basic battle techniques, I will begin to teach you how to use the heavier weapons such as the sword.

Daniel armed Pudge with a saber and led him into the forest to begin his training by slaughtering Boomas.

Chapter 5

10 Years Later…

A young man walks into the forest dressed in a blue robe with a gold embroidering. A red saber is his hand; he begins to enter the misty forest with a confident swagger. The ground begins to break open and a tollaw begins to burrow out. He snickers to himself, just what I wanted. The tollaw is completely on level ground and with a screech it begins charging toward the young man. In seconds, the arms or the tollaw were on the ground and very soon after the monsters head. Disappointed at the level of challenge the monster presented he put the saber away and began to strut even deeper in to the forest area. Soon bartles began appearing almost of nowhere. The man said to himself “Now this is more like it”, He pulled apart his robe to reveal a armless garment underneath used for combat. From a hidden sheaf, he pulled out a Calibur, “OK bad boys time to teach you that I don’t need Daddy to take you out, you will learn to fear real power now.”. Soon the bartles were all over him and he cast shifta and deband on himself. I few swings of his giant sword and he was all alone again. “I rule” and with that chant he turned around to head back to Pioneer 2. Soon the boy was aboard the space cruiser and on his way home when he began hearing murmurings from some of the hunters in the lobby

Hunter 1: Its true, there was an explosion and all that were there died. They said that three platoons were sent to investigate since then and no one has returned. The latest was that of Gen Commander Castro.

Hunter 2: Gen Castro? Thee General Commander Castro?

Hunter 1: Yeah, she was sent this morning and has not returned. No one has heard of her since or her squad.

Young Man: What are you saying?

Hunter 2: Pudge!

Pudge: What are you saying?

Hunter 1: Your mom Pudge, she has been missing since this morning. The Government has been keeping it a secret because…

Pudge: Because what?

Hunter 2: Rumor has it that a Dr. Cheshire has been conducting experiments in the disposal unit. That’s were the four hero’s of our time combated the thing that they called “IT”

Pudge: I must go….

Pudge immediately dashed off in a hurry. Getting to his home, he stormed in, runs to the upper rooms were his father kept his arsenal and spent much of his time. The boys mood immediately changes as tears begin to roll down his face. His dad on his knees is clasping his sword.

Daniel: It should have died. I don’t understand….

Pudge: Dad is what I heard about mom true?

Daniel: (with a broken teary voice) Yes my son. It is true. I failed her, I failed forever now.

Pudge: What are you talking about.

Daniel: I failed my platoon years ago and now I failed my wife, and all of Pioneer 2

Pudge: What is “IT”, tell me, I need to know.

Daniel turns around and begins to speak. “After your mother took me in I began working as a hunter for Dr. Natasha Milarose. I was hired to enter a Island called Ga Da Val Island. We were investigating a strange voice discovered. I went in with three other hunters who were specialist like I was. Those who joined me were a HUmar named Jin, a FOnewearl named Shiva, a Force named Jai Jai and myself. After many months of researched we discovered a disposal unit. We heard sadistic voice yelling from within it so we entered. We practically entered the gates of hell themselves. The most disgusting and powerful creature of all Ragol awaited us there. After a battle that almost was the end of us, we managed to destroy this horrid beast. When it was all over, we discovered that this horrid beast was non other than General Heathcliff Flowen. He was the voice we were searching for. We informed Dr. Natasha Milarose that the area should have been closed off due to the living parasites inside. A few years later I discovered my brother and his assistant who were on Pioneer 2 were sent to research more on the parasites. Rumors say that she contracted some kind of desease there. She soon vanished but the research continued. Some people believe that is was non other that delamorphasis that she contracted. The same thing that converted Flowen into that monster. I only learned about this today. Amneris informed me after her briefing just incase she did not return.” Pudge stood there speechless as his father continued. “There is more my son, The greatest secret ever kept. No one died at the site of the explosion of Poineer 1.

Pudge: What?!

Daniel: It is true. No one died. You see, “IT” can not create life, he can only alter it in to a evil form of his pleasure. There weren’t found any survivors because they were converted into creatures of darkness. What we call Del-Sabers, Diminians and so on. Humans are converted into evil creatures of darkness. When I escaped the massacre that enveloped my platoon, I managed to survive with one of my comrades. We knew of the explosion in Pioneer 1 but when we entered we found no sight of those who were there not even there corpses. During our exploration of the area a rappy of strange appearance like that of a del-saber bit John. He then began slowly to change, he appearance became dark. Knowing what was happening he took his own life.

Pudge: Dad…

Daniel: I need you to go back to LaMax. I must go after your mother. I might not return, but if I don’t you will need to go in after “IT”

Pudge: Why should I return to LaMax, you could use my help!

Daniel: You have been out of training as a Force for a long time. You must go and regain your strengths. Only then would you ever be a power to confront “IT” if I fail.

Pudge: But Dad!!

Daniel: Go, I will go save your mother if she is still alive. If I succeed I will send your mother to get you. But if I fail, strengthen yourself. You will be my last hope.

The two headed for the portals each going his own way…..