View Poll Results: Imagine if you will a place where Boomas explode by the sheer strength of your howitzer... Yes, Vehi

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • M1A2 ABRAMS Variation (Tank)

5 14.71%
  • APC (Armored Personnel Carrier)

1 2.94%
  • Modified Biped Walker

7 20.59%
  • Jeep w/ 50cal Machine Gun

2 5.88%
  • Heavily Armored Hover Bike

6 17.65%
  • Other - Please Specify in Post

13 38.24%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: PSO Vehicles?

Mod+Bat = Family Fun

I think we all agree that PSO needs change... SEGA has addressed this problem by announcing a full blown sequel on the Xbox...but they have not announced what gameplay changes will occur, I think vehicles (if put in the right environment) would make PSO a much more enjoyable experience. FPS was a pretty "me too" genre till games like Tribes and Halo put vehicles into the mix... I think it could work for PSO too.

ICE DIGGER BABY YOU CANNOT BEAT A LASER TANK WITH DRILLS ON THE FRONT!! You just cant beat the good ol classic right out of PSIV.

http://www.geocities.com/timesquare/...r/idigger.html

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Solidus_Snake on 2003-09-20 21:15 ]</font>

Or you could just use your vehicles for parts of gigantic boss-fights and certain areas in the game. Like one phase you're fighting, say, Falz on foot, then later, it morphs into some even more humongous form and you get in your vehicles and kick its ass with those.

And there could be larger, open areas (that aren't underground for a change, like maybe a desert) that are so vast they they require vehicles to traverse quickly and have tougher beasties. Of course, there would have to be different vehicle-types, and there would need to be things like personal tanks, agile vehicles, and artillery vehicles, maybe a mech or two.

ProTip: To damage your credibility, simply call any of the Phantasy Star games "massively-multiplayer."

RAPPY FECES!!!

Unicycle!

hahah, this topic is over a year old.

The landrover would also be a nice vehicle to drive around especially with its main cannon hehehe.

On 2003-09-21 04:58, Kujin wrote:
    hahah, this topic is over a year old.
    True enough but I didn't actually start to frequent PSOW until about 6-7 months ago, so I missed this first time round. (Not that I'm saying reviving dead topics for the benefit of new people should be encouraged.)

A PSO-themed FPS or mod isn't such a crazy idea. And it wouldn't suffer from some of the things that makes PSO so annoying at times. (Like being one-hit critical-KOed by a flying Sinow - it could still happen in a themed FPS mod but if you're circle-strafing it'd be a lot harder for that Sinow to connect) Whether it would vex even the fanworks-tolerant Yuji Naka is open for debate though. Still, if legal someone should make something like that as it has plenty of potential.

And if I could model/map worth half a crap that someone would definitely be me. As it is I'm just a code monkey.

I would like to have some form of fighter jet,
    It would have 20 fill repeaters!

that would be something like frag-tastic star online, we dont need a FPS spin-off of an "RPG" loli can see if you use vehicals to TRANSPORT to other ares, but NOT to frag the beasties, then they OBVIOUSLY would NOT be able to kill you if you just run them over and they go splat, it would make alot of the melee weps pointless too, think about what youd TAKE AWAY before you ADD lol i could ONLY see any of these ideas as a FPS, im sure some1 else might have said that and MAY have said that, after like the 3rd post i just replyed lol and i bet some1 threw halo around too lol

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Blackwaltz-R on 2003-09-22 18:31 ]</font>

Total Legit Hunter
    Regaining my honor (Character got deleted)

Heh, I picked the bike...I always liked bikes...bike go fast...