Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I have noticed more of the great SEGA games are Xbox Exclusives. Just how much is Microsoft paying SEGA to put all these SEGA games as Xbox only titles. Gamecube and PS2 all get the leftovers and half-assed games. The only games I really enjoyed were Virtua Fighter 4 and Shinobi when that is released. I'm not planning on buying an Xbox but I might have to if all my favorite SEGA games are being released on that half-assed system. IMO Xbox is milking its costomers for all they're worth. You have to pay Microsoft to play online, buy a DVD remote to play DVDs. Hell with all that money Bill Gates has, they don't need to take all our money. Some of us can't afford to pay Microsoft and our Broadband ISP just to play online. I can only hope a PS2 PSO will be relased.

On 2002-08-01 05:11, DarkAssassin wrote:
    I have noticed more of the great SEGA games are Xbox Exclusives.
    How observant of you.
    Just how much is Microsoft paying SEGA to put all these SEGA games as Xbox only titles. Gamecube and PS2 all get the leftovers and half-assed games.
    Yeah, like Virtua Fighter 4!
    The only games I really enjoyed were Virtua Fighter 4 and Shinobi when that is released.
    ...So you've enjoyed Shinobi, even though it hasn't been released?
    I'm not planning on buying an Xbox but I might have to if all my favorite SEGA games are being released on that half-assed system.
    Half-assed? What, are you some PS2/GameCube fanboy hybrid monster? You sure make yourself sound like one.
    Hell with all that money Bill Gates has, they don't need to take all our money. Some of us can't afford to pay Microsoft and our Broadband ISP just to play online.
    There's a difference between Bill Gates and Microsoft, I suggest you learn it.

Probably, most people that still use dial-up internet connections have a second phoneline just for the internet. Where I live, having cable internet costs about the same monthly as having dial-up and a second phoneline. Really, it's not very expensive to get cable (but that may vary depending on where you live).
    I can only hope a PS2 PSO will be relased.
    Wel, Sonic Team already confirmed that it won't, so ... sucks to be you.

ProTip: To damage your credibility, simply call any of the Phantasy Star games "massively-multiplayer."

I myself don't like Xbox, not because they took 75% of Sega's support, but because I just don't like their games.

Wielder of Divine Might

I would like to see some more Sega games for the GC. Like I've said before, Nintendo and Sega always make the best games. What I really want to see is Sonic in a Mario party style game. I almost jumpped out of my skin when I saw Sonic and Tails in Super Smash brothers Melee. But of course...APRIL FOOLS!

And you can say Sony and Nintendo are milking there customers. Only 2 ports for PS2, you must buy a multi-tap. No Modem or harddrive included with PS2 or GC, gotta buy seperate. And if you didnt know you gotta pay for PSO online. And if you buy FFXI you have to pay for that too.
    Orange Hand. CZ-75b.

A Good Read >>>

Don't worry, Sega are cutting back on Xbox support.

They announced recently that they have in development / plan on making 42 games for PS2, 20 for NGC, 15 for Xbox and 12 for GBA.

I can't be bothered to look for the press release, but that's what Sega said.

All I got to say to the first post is: so?

Would you rather not have the games be released at all? Hey, the video game market is a business and the public doesn't need to approve of all the details. Look at some of the games that never see the light here that looked so cool (ie Sin and Punishment by Nintendo for the N64...the game featured English voice acting, all they needed to do was rewrite the text dammit!!! That fits the more half assed term).

Besides, you say you will not buy an XBox now. Who knows about the future. I said I would never buy a PSX, but choose that instead of an N64, so who knows.

I will say I just don't like exculsives at all. I liked the whole review war when games came out on multiple systems(ex. MK & Tomb Raider), and then picking which system to but it on. But with games becoming more expensive to make I understand why. I have all four of the next gen systems so I don't really care which system the exclusive games comes out on as long as I get to play them. I can't wait for Panzer Dragoon Orta!!!!!!
    "This plan is so bad it HAS to be ours."

man.. kent killed em with that post.... but he is right...

The Master of Mispeled Words Moo2u's Avatar

Well for starters, Sega just anounced that Skies of Arcadia Ledgond will be a GC exclusive, so meh...

Anywho, back to my point (if I actually have one.) It seems like Sega's all Xbox-ey like right now, but that will change. As an Sega fan would know right now, Sega is trying to be the best third party game developers in the world. They're second right now, only after EA. If Sega wants to succeed in their would domination for greatness, then they'll be some killer games all around!

I'm just haveing a hard time trying to decide wich system I'm gonna get...oh well. Back to the Dreamcast for me. *Boots up Jet Grind Radio* Who are you? What's your name? Super Brother!!!!!