Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Pink Haired Gothic Lolita Arislan's Avatar

Just grabbed a zip version of Firefox (.zip for the uninstall ease), can't access the Chat at all.

::thinks about that for a moment:: I'm a a moron, of course I can't, Java isn't set up for Firefox. Durr. Although, I haven't screwed with it too much, but is there an easy way to turn off all the "popups" associated with the Sun JRE? IE, the toolbar, the noticable lag on first applet load, etc? Rather not install something so obvious.

On 2005-06-03 08:26, Arislan wrote:
    Just grabbed a zip version of Firefox (.zip for the uninstall ease), can't access the Chat at all.

::thinks about that for a moment:: I'm a a moron, of course I can't, Java isn't set up for Firefox. Durr. Although, I haven't screwed with it too much, but is there an easy way to turn off all the "popups" associated with the Sun JRE? IE, the toolbar, the noticable lag on first applet load, etc? Rather not install something so obvious.
    I recently installed the Sun JRE on a couple of machines and it seems to be fairly unintrusive.

I think there will always be lag on the first applet because the Virtual Machine does have to load....

On 2005-06-02 10:24, Arislan wrote:
    Freaks like Mix take a manner of training that none of us can hope to aspire to, much less actually initiate. It's only through random permutations that someone like Mix can come into being.
    See what no sleep does to you, Arislan.

Vaguely effeminite DS/Dice weilding Mac using Vamp Wyndham's Avatar

On 2005-06-03 18:51, navinator wrote:
    On 2005-06-02 10:24, Arislan wrote:
    Freaks like Mix take a manner of training that none of us can hope to aspire to, much less actually initiate. It's only through random permutations that someone like Mix can come into being.
    See what no sleep does to you, Arislan.
    it landed me in a nuthouse for two weeks.

don't ask.
    anyway, i used to stay up late, but now i just dont have the time, sorry.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Oran1324 on 2005-06-03 19:12 ]</font>
    My sig disappeared.

But if you didn't sleep, you'd *have* the time. See my point?

As for Ryna, tried with Opera and Firefox (switched to a computer in the corner that I've never seen anyone use anyway, the keyboard tray is broken). Neither can connect with an install of the latest browsers and JRE. Maybe the old settings are somehow carrying through to the Mozilla browsers? Maybe Java just hates me?

On 2005-06-04 00:17, Arislan wrote:
    As for Ryna, tried with Opera and Firefox (switched to a computer in the corner that I've never seen anyone use anyway, the keyboard tray is broken). Neither can connect with an install of the latest browsers and JRE. Maybe the old settings are somehow carrying through to the Mozilla browsers? Maybe Java just hates me?
    Have a look at this:
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=315674

It is an article related to how to change Java security settings in IE. Perhaps the option for "deny permissions to all signed applets" is checked.

Also, you might want to check out this page:
    http://javatester.org/configuring.html

It gives a decent overview on how to configure Java settings for various browsers.

If you need to download the latest JRE, you can do so here:
    http://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp

In the case of IRC, I decided to say "screw the Net Cafe". I'm just installing mIRC on every computer I use. It's perfectly safe for me to use, noone else speaks English here, so they're not going to be goign ito any channels and downloading crap... They want to talk to me about it, they can. But given that one guy watched me log onto EFnet and did nothing, I think it's at the very least "ok".

Arislan, you are missing the point of my posts here. I'm trying to keep you entertained by making you jump through hoops to get Java to work. ;o Just installing mIRC isn't enough for you to have fun!

Good point, I'll have to see if I can get around their safeguards your way. And it's always fun to poke around at a program when you have no idea what the settings are.

:oke poke::

I sleep so I can goto work fully rested and relaxed, so when it comes time to throw down old people and break hips, I come out on top and with the highest "falls to breaks" ratio.

Some of these old people are very resilient, and it takes afew tosses to get them to land right. Damn their frail frames and kind demeanor!

"No, Edna, I don't want to hear about when dirt was created."

*toss*

*/lack of bone cracking sound*

*old guy from across the room*
    "u ph43| pu$$y!!11!1"

....all kidding aside, I..uh..sleep completes me and allows an escape from the rigors of conciousness. I could always turn to drugs or alcohol, but they are costly and have other side effects...although some are good. Makes you wonder eh?

*/cue Commercial Salesman voice*
    "Sleep causing a stale relationship with your partner? Tired when you wake up in the mornings?

NOT ANYMORE! We've bypassed the FDA and are now offering Crackshit Soda! Your crazy ass won't be sleeping for a week after the first can! And we dare you to only drink one!

Every purchase of a 24 pack lands you a voucher for a dozen Kraknutz Donuts. Thats right, donuts, covered in cocaine!"

*/Commercial Salesman gulps down Crackshit Soda and gnarls on a Kraknut without finishing his monologue*

oh no! Someone spammed this thread! I'd move this to FKL if I weren't so tired. usuk Arislan! (Good luck with whatever the hell you're talking about in this thread by the way.)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ABDUR101 on 2005-06-08 13:49 ]</font>
    Look, he did it again.