Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

The throwaways are generally referred to as filler episodes. They exist to fill out the plot to make it fit the show's length, or sometimes to allow the manga to catch up with the anime(The entire first arc of Sailor Moon R, for example, is a 'filler', though a developed filler - It doesn't exist in the manga, and was made to give Takeuchi Naoko time to catch up). Some filler episodes are good, some are bad, all can be thrown away, though some make for good character development. *shrug*

I like FMA well enough, but I'm too busy most of the time to watch any.

The only series that kept my full interest all the way through and didn't annoy me even on the filler eps was Shoujo Kakumei Utena.

PSUJP: Nai Calus, M. B. 176 FI 20 | Elly, F. N. 42 FT 5 Requiescat in pace.

Pink Haired Gothic Lolita Arislan's Avatar

Utena rocked. Even the movie, once you realize that it's all symbolic (Toki Ni is one my my favorite all time songs, in ANY genre). Although, the entire second season (Black Rose), while in the manga, could well be considered "Filler" given its "dream" aspect.

That Utena movie... lemme just say... it being one of my very first anime experiences, having no prior knowledge of the series... Was very VERY strange... I still liked it though! XD Vrrooooom!

I like the episodes in the late thirties to the end, they were pretty good.

On 2005-06-04 00:45, Arislan wrote:
    Utena rocked. Even the movie, once you realize that it's all symbolic (Toki Ni is one my my favorite all time songs, in ANY genre). Although, the entire second season (Black Rose), while in the manga, could well be considered "Filler" given its "dream" aspect.
    Very true, but 'dream' aspect or no, it DID give us some really good glimpses of the secondary characters. The character development kind of filler that actually adds to a show, yes? (Personally I even find Nanami's comedic episodes valuable for showing just how hopelessly naive and lost she really is and reminding us that despite certain actions of hers she's not entirely a hateful monster...)

But yeah. The movie was awesome. Heh. I showed the fansubbed copy I had to a teacher of mine once who taught film appreciation among other things, and he loved it. He didn't know anything at all about anime or the series, but he liked it anyway. XD Though needless to say it was not shown in class... *snrk*

PSUJP: Nai Calus, M. B. 176 FI 20 | Elly, F. N. 42 FT 5 Requiescat in pace.

Pink Haired Gothic Lolita Arislan's Avatar

I can see it now.

Blank looks on the students faces, maybe a smirk or a "what the hell" from A-Ko and B-Ko.
    The the ending...
    "They're LESBIANS!!!!!!! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!"

::sigh::

I like FMA but I like Bomberman Jetterz it a fun show to watch and I like how the character development of every character.

yeah i've seen trigun too. ed does get really annoying but he could be a little cooler than other people think

I myself like the series havent seen all the episodes in the works of downloading some but yah i like it from what ived seen so far

I collect Newtype Magazine and they hype up Full Metal Alchemist to the point were I thought it was going to be the 2nd coming of Christ, I guess that's why I started buying the DVD's ( I don't live in the US so I don't have acces to the Anime Network so I have only seen the 1st 8 episodes ). I like what I see, it's a good show ( it has the potential to be a great show ) but right now I am more impressed by shows like Chrono Crusade, Ghost In The Shell: Stand Alone Complex and Stellvia.