Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Hey, keep it up!

Also, for people wondering how to see the index of BB items, just select Blue Burst check box, and on the dropdown list, selelect Episode 1 and 2, then hit submit!

Drizzle, it would be possible to raise their effectiveness rate beyond the fourth level. Fourth level specials have an 80% effectiveness rate, except Hell, which has 93%. But Demon's would be a no-go, because it does not even have a rate like that.

Arislan: Great job on the database!
    I see some of the names you used are different from the unofficial translations I knew of. How did you get these, and are they official?

Notes: Unless ST really screwed up in the official translations, I think "Flapjack Flipper" should be "Flapjack Flapper", "Akikos Kitchen Knife" should be "Akiko's Kitchen Knife", and "Lame DArgent" should be "Lame D'Argent".

EDIT: Daylight Scar is a Claw according to the official Japanese EP4 guide, not a Dagger.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tycho on 2005-06-14 05:14 ]</font>

Pink Haired Gothic Lolita Arislan's Avatar

The description for Daylight Scar says that it's a double claw (one used in both hands, like Heart of Poumn) and the three JP sites I've got for sources all list it under Daggers...

Flapjack Flapper? I understand that's the katakana for it, but that makes little sense, hence flipper, which DOES make sense. Blame ST for wacky translations... Just look at the Ep3 crap for that, we had a massive mistranslation thread going for a while. And making it "flipper" still works. Note that the word for "coffee" isn't "Ka-fi-" as it could be (the Japanese have those sounds), but instead "Ko-hi-"... In any case, Flapper is the official English In-Game name? If so, I'll change it over, easy fix.

As for the other two, the DB wasn't taking them with apostrophes, kept making a blank entry into the Ep3 card DB instead. Wacky, but I think it's linked with the same problem happening with people's Personal Info and Quote. Did the best I could there.

Just so you know, the "unofficial" ones you have in your drop chart are all Babelfish's translations. I don't trust Babel half the time, and the half I do, I realize that there are better words for what it comes up with. They are however, in the case of these items, 95% "good enough" translations.

/edit fixed a romanization mistake...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Arislan on 2005-06-14 05:46 ]</font>

Flapper isn't official, I don't know of anyone that has the items.

I did not use Babelfish for my translations though, I don't trust it either. ._.
    Some names (like Yata Mirror, Alliance Uniform, Commander Uniform, Lieutenant Gear, Ophelie Seize, Lame D'Argent, Saint-Milion, Shambertin, Kondrieu) were taken from the game (language hacks, if it wasn't for this noone would EVER have been able to get Lame's name before the game was released here).

All other names were manually translated, I discussed all of the translations with Deissa. Most of the Kana names were pretty obvious. I'm pretty confident about the 'Cannon Rouge' translation, but I'm not sure about names like 'Raj De Fe' and 'Kreio/Cleio/Clio' at all. Seeing as how ST fucked up on the names of Giltabril and the vipers, these could end up either way really.
    I saw you had different translations for Jizai/Jizen, and Joren and Guren, so I was hoping you had even more confirmations of official names. I still want a proper name for Skyly's viper drop armor. ._.

EDIT: The 'ko-hi' in Japanese was not taken from English, but from Dutch. ._.
    Or so I learned in highschool in Dutch class. :/

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tycho on 2005-06-14 10:36 ]</font>

Well this is a very good start. Now then what about quests?

What's this? An actual content update!? IT'S THE APOCOLYPSE!

Seriously though, great work. I was wondering why the unit Limiter was called a limiter.

Pink Haired Gothic Lolita Arislan's Avatar

Quests? What info do you want for them? I can grab the quest rewards no problem, and at least get general translated names for each of the quests, but I'm not going to bother script translating (even if I could find one), when the US version will come out and render my translation useless. Let me know what you want done, and I'll get on it when I can.

And nope, nothing official... Anything that pops up on this site over the next couple days through to when we get reverse confirmation through the US Ep4 file hacking is going to be "Err, this is what I think it's going to be called".

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Arislan on 2005-06-15 02:01 ]</font>

I think he's talking about full guides for all the quests released since the last update, like the Phantasmal Worlds and Respecive Tomorrow.

yep. like the maps and such. if you need help i might be able to take some time to make a few up.

I believe tha Yasakani Jewel was officially 'Yasakani Magatama'. 'Red Odoshi Domaru' (armor) and 'Black Odoshi Domaru' are official names as well. A lot of the translations I used were officially confirmed by Deissa, it's just that he did not post screenies of all of them yet, like he did for Lame D'Argent, of which his name did get accepted.

Whatever Mirumaruto and Rajuu De Fe are going to be named, I doubt it will be 'Millimart' and 'Raj de Fe', this would not make much sense at all.
    Besides, ST seems to be using French a lot in the Katakana names in EP4, like Ophelie Seize, Cannon Rouge (double n?), Flamberge, Lame D'Argent, and the viper names 'Saint Emillion', 'Chambertain', and 'Condrieu' that were probably deliberately wrongly translated, due to copyright issues.
    I'd like to add to this list of Katakana names Saffran's "Mille Marteaux", and Kef's "Rage de Fees", which make a lot more sense than any previous translations, or romanized versions.

Takeyari is officially 'Bamboo Spear', PSO5 is called '5th Commemorative Blade'. PSOW's translation would not even fit as an item name. ._.

Sorry for what almost seemed like a rant, it's weird to suddenly see people calling the new mechgun 'Millimart', which is almost as much of an insult to the kana name than "Ramudaajan" is to the French version. >_>