I was just wondering if it's likely for PSO:BB to be on other OS' such as Linux or Mac OS. I have a Mac and I want to play PSO:BB but I can't get a PC emulator to make it work. I was told I can get a cheap PC these days but does anyone know if it will be windows 98 compatible? Thanks in advance!

On 2005-06-19 06:53, biggabertha wrote:
    I was just wondering if it's likely for PSO:BB to be on other OS' such as Linux or Mac OS. I have a Mac and I want to play PSO:BB but I can't get a PC emulator to make it work. I was told I can get a cheap PC these days but does anyone know if it will be windows 98 compatible? Thanks in advance!
    It is highly unlikely that BB will be ported to any other platforms.

I read in one thread on this forum that someone was able to get BB running under WINE in Linux.

As for BB being Windows 98 compatible, it is supposed to be if you have Win 98SE.

Your best bet would probably be just to buy a cheap PC with XP installed.

Pink Haired Gothic Lolita Arislan's Avatar

I remember reading on the JP site while in Beta that they had no plans to port it to another OS, but the beta FAQ is gone, and the current one has no info on that. So I'm gonna say no.

You can pick up a cheap PC for about 300-400 these days, then another 75-100 on a low end decent video card (go ATI!), and have a computer that can play just about any non incredibly graphics intesive game out there.

I tried under WINE, didn't work for me. Kept giving me fine not found errors.

Darn it! I thought I'd never have to go back to a PC after converting to Mac.... Well, as long as all I do is play PSO:BB on it, I guess I won't have to... (Sigh...)

They won't support any other OS than Windows. The game uses DirectX which is Windows only.

If companies want to go multiplatform, they use OpenGL instead [or hire another team to redo all the parts of the game that depend on that].