Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast
    Blue Harmony

Xbox keyboard :

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?cookie%5Ftest=1&product_id=801385&affi d=99999&sourceid=00391498174428852371(null)

Interview with M$ reps :

http://www.xengamers.com/sections/news/8163/

quoting them :

"Nevertheless, we've included the keyboard option for game developers who aren't interested in incorporating voice chat features."

"It may be possible in the future for game developers to establish their own servers with security gateways to protect players and collect fees."

So, for the keyboard we went from "NO WAY" to "option available"
    and for servers separate from Xbox Live!, we went from "NO WAY" to "possible".

I'm no fanboy, so you won't read rants or raves here.
    I'll just watch others argue endlessly.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: saffaya on 2002-08-05 14:35 ]</font>

On 2002-08-05 14:28, saffaya wrote:
    "It may be possible in the future for game developers to establish their own servers with security gateways to protect players and collect fees."
    They probably said that because of PSO and the charges that ST wants to put on the game.

Blue Harmony

And if that would become real, why not go just a step farther and revive the lost dream of cross-platform play.
    I wish they'd see that the whole is bigger that the sum of the parts.

On 2002-08-05 14:41, saffaya wrote:
    And if that would become real, why not go just a step farther and revive the lost dream of cross-platform play.
    I wish they'd see that the whole is bigger that the sum of the parts.
    Yes. Bring on cross-platform play.

Yes, but Xbox with Gamecube online play is something I would say "HELL NO" to. Those people are good enough on their own, they don't need to be infecting other system's servers with their fanboyishness. So, I'm quite glad Microsoft is keeping them in their own little servers, they don't need to be anywhere else.

Mod+Bat = Family Fun

So far the only OFFICIAL statement from Microsoft has been that they will host the servers.... They have been pushing this especially had in the Official Xbox Mag so I doubt the above statement is factual. Reps give their opinions or hopes and not factual information. As for cross-platform I really hope not. The main draw of Xbox online play is lag-free gaming which just wouldn't be possible if GCN's Dial-up users join in.

I don't care about speed. It's the atmosphere of the gaming environment.

Would YOU like playing with a bunch of snobby bastards dissing the system you're playing on? I wouldn't.

Fanboys. The most sickest, lowlife, and immature jackasses of all existence.

Gaming is almost no longer a form of entertainment, it's almost a way of life. From simple competitive matches in an Arcade, to full scale clan/system wars. It will never end, no matter how much we want it to. It just proves the fact, that some people are just incapable of accepting that you have to get a freaking life, and stop loafing around a chat room, forum, or game lobby all day telling people how they suck or how they're "gay" for playing a certain system.

To put it simply, you people make me sick. all of you. fanboy or not.

Blue Harmony

Reps give their opinions or hopes and not factual information.
    suit yourself.
    The main draw of Xbox online play is lag-free gaming which just wouldn't be possible if GCN's Dial-up users join in.
    not for PSO. unless playing lobby soccer or battle mode, you can't guess if a player has modem or broadband.

Mod+Bat = Family Fun

I've logged around 900 hrs and yes there is lag in game... Plenty if you're unlucky. I'm sure u have experienced "jumping" when players freeze for a few seconds and then go into hyper speed... That is an indicator of lag. Maybe the net code for PSO GC has been tightened... I'm not sure but as it stands only Broadband can provide LAG FREE play.

lolDiads
    If Diad was a planet in PSU, I'd live there

On 2002-08-05 15:21, Agent_Reav wrote:

Reps give their opinions or hopes and not factual information.
    Microsoft reps seemed a good enough source last week when they were saying PSO Episode II was coming for Xbox. Interesting set of double standards you have.