Hiya,
    I've been trying to hunt for specific rare items, but I think i'm doing it wrong. Meaning, i've heard alot of people say they do quests that involve the particular place they want the weapon from (say, ruins).
    Whereas i've just been hunting in the area without doing a quest.

Is it more advantageous to do a quest to find a rare? Just curious, thanks in advance

its more advantageous to do a quest if there are more of the enemies that drop the specific rare your looking for i.e. looking for a red saber that drops from a vulmer you'd want to do a quest with more vulmers if possible to help increase your chances of getting that weapon.

It depends on the number of enemies in that quest that drop the item you want. For items that drop from EP1 Rappies, do Fake in Yellow (the quest that does not have any enemies other than Rappies).
    If you want a list of where to hunt specific items, you might want to check out the links in my signature.

Human After All

Usually the quests are better. Check the stickies for guides.

In you first run through the quest reccomended for whatever item you're hunting, try to memorize the places where there are none of the monsters that drop it so you can skip those places in the future. Fast runs make for fast finds. Happy hunting.

Well, that's probably a good way to do it, because, the more monsters you kill, the better chance you have of getting the item.

Have you looked at the drop charts for each ID? If not, look at those, find what you want, then look at the quests for that particular area and see which one has the most monsters that drop the item.

If you can get online, it'd be wise to do it there, because online = more monsters yet.

But if not, offline quests will do. But be prepared to wait; as with any rare, they don't ever drop when you want them to. ;x

*remembers making 27 runs for a God/Power* I was about to give up on that hunt, but on my last run..*poof* there it was.

Edit: 27 runs through a particular quest..not 27 kills.

And damn, those responses were fast. ;x

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dillon on 2005-06-19 12:28 ]</font>

Thanks for the advice

Awesome charts Tycho, exactly what I was looking for