Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

*hopes that wasnt a typo, so that one of the new classes can be a Mech-Hybrid!*

Dark Falz Cultist

It's definitely safest to assume that it's just a typo. Perhaps a horrible mistranslation or something, haha.

Seeing as most of the other changes after the trial have been cosmetic or bug fixes, I don't think that ST would implement such a massive change so late in development...

If it isn't a typo the two new classes are the Hunewm and Humarl, most likely. I wonder if the Hunewm and Fomars can take down the massive population of Humars dressed in black.

On 2002-08-06 08:47, Javier_Von_Fenrir wrote:
    If it isn't a typo the two new classes are the Hunewm and Humarl, most likely. I wonder if the Hunewm and Fomars can take down the massive population of Humars dressed in black.
    Heheh. That's me. At least my main character.

From the wording, which is very specific really, it would be 2 new classes in addition to Hunter, Ranger and Force. So unfortunately that would mean no Hunewm or Humarl. Unless they keep the design but change their class.

It does seem too good to be true, a possible 8 new characters this close to the release! But then again the 3 new characters were about the first things to be revealed, nearly a year ago. They do seem a bit 'stale' now, and not as exciting as when they were first shown, in comparison to all the other new stuff since.

So now that they have doubled the number of stages, maybe they decided to basically double the number of character as well?

Also the new characters aren't selectable in the Trial Version are they? Which I always thought was a bit odd if you are bug-testing the game. Maybe that was because they knew there was going to be a lot more characters?

I'm not going to set myself up for disappointment by expecting the 2 new classes, but we are coming up to 4 weeks before release. Maybe they've planned this as a big surprise for the final month? It would create big buzz in the PSO community that's for sure, and I think anyone who was in 2 minds about getting the GC one would be sold on the idea on hearing this.

What you call my momma?

Something's wrong, everyone read:
    On 2002-08-05 20:42, Nash wrote:
    "The three main character classes of previous PSO games are available here, each with a new, fourth being to choose from.There are also two brand new classes, giving you a slew of new characters to select and mold into your identity of choice."
    It says there are the 3 existing classes and a 4th one to chose from, yet they say 2 more are included, which makes 3. It sounds odd but i think there will be one more but the 2 they say will probably monster classes? but then again it doesn't make sense when they say "mold your identity of choice". An imaginary friend? dunno..

On 2002-08-05 21:15, rbf2000 wrote:

One extra char for each class
    FOmar
    RAmarl
    HUmarl/HUnewm??
    The new hunter is HUcaseal

On 2002-08-06 09:05, Nash wrote:
    Also the new characters aren't selectable in the Trial Version are they?
    Of course they are. watashiwa has taken lots of pics of all of them http://www.pso-world.com/trialimg.php

On 2002-08-05 23:44, X-thirteen wrote:
    it would be cool if this wasnt a typo... but it most likely is one.
    I agree. I've herad SOA call aeach character a different class so they're probably just talking about the new 3 we already know about. I hope there are 2 new classes though.

IMO, it's just rumour....ST already design the cover and all...Why would these two char be so secretive??if they really intend to include these two new chars, they wouldd have announce it and probably added to the cover...I don't believe they will include the 2 new chars, but of course it wouldn't hurt if they do...the more the merrier...
    But I don't think it will happen...But it would be interesting to see if that really ahppens, anything is possible...ST proved to us many times...new bosss, new lobby...why not new chars??but personally Id on't believe until ST announce them themselves...

Svm Inimicus Mali

On 2002-08-05 21:15, rbf2000 wrote:
    Anybody remember back to the earlier phantasy stars and their characters?
    Well, Raja was a priest... and hey, there're soldiers walking around Pioneer 2. Maybe they're going to split Forces into healers and attack mages, and add a "Soldier" class. But, I won't get my hopes up because it's probably just a mistranslation, as usual.