Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Whenever it comes out... it makes no sense in releasing a PS2 game when the PS3 is already out which should come out Spring 2006 (if I remember that right)... so July and afterwards doesn't somehow make sense...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ghost_zero on 2005-07-23 03:23 ]</font>

it makes a lot of sense to not release an online game thats not 1st party for any console in the first wave of games for that console.
    lets see the facts. the ps3 will cost around what... 400? whatever, it will cost 2-3 times of what the ps2 costs.
    given ST doesnt fuck up the engine, games still look pretty neat on ps2. at least it will be enough to display the game in a manner.

then take in account that there are around 20million ps2 sold so far. substract about 5 million that got replaced with a newer model, thats still around 15million households that could technically run a ps2 game. how many households will be able to run a ps3 game on release date? how many will a year after? not as much as who can run a ps2 game (since ps3 can run ps2 too - and who knows, maybe even with all online modes etc).

so, why again should a full thirdparty company put out a game that needs more than just 1-2 years of developement onto a console where they'd know that the userbase still needs to grow.

oh and besides this. as mentioned above in some other answer: there is still the pc version. most screenshots most likely are from that version anyway (even tho it uses ps2 button descriptions).
    「愛と空の女王様」を言でもいい。 We are Heroes. This is what we do!

Ha, someone else at a different PSO board made this same topic. Come on people, common sense.

ST alsosaid they wanted to take a more wait and see approach of the new consoles before they make a game on them (EGM, PSU issue). Besides, I'm pretty sure the screens we're seeing are from tthe PC version since they look SO AMAZING O_o So I don't worry oo much on how it's gonna look thanks to the PC version. PC version all the way wohoo
    From PSO Ep 1-4 to PSU, PS0, PSP 1-2, and now PSO2... it's been a long journey.

Well I will also buy the PC version... yes I don't have a PS2 at all

On 2005-07-20 23:40, therealAERO wrote:
    For the love of god!! Winter 2006 doesn't necessarily mean December. Did you know winter is also January and February of the beginning of 2006. Does anyone know this? Think about it. You will see.
    Good point, but I've read December from some respectable sources(gameinformer online), however I think it may come out sooner than we think.

Let's look at it this way, everyone.

If we get PSU in the U.S. sometime in Feb. of '06, then we'll have the game and we'll be happy!

But as much as I like that idea, if the release it in Q4 of '06, then that means more time for ST to add new features, anti-cheating precautions and so on.

So, which of these would you want?
    SUPER WIZARD EMPEROR

well the movies I saw from in-gameplay from E3 are really goos so I know the PS2 version looks really good, I would go PC but upgrading costs is too much for me.

Crazy Awesome Old Potato Man Guy HAYABUSA-FMW-'s Avatar

On 2005-07-21 20:13, BLITZKOMMANDO wrote:
    Also seeing that the release date for Japan is 7-21-06,

Q4 of 2006 makes perfect sense for the US release.
    Nobody posted any wrong information.
    Calm down. Nobody was under any impression that the US release date was July 21, 2006.

It was said a whole lot of times all over this forum, and this topic even that Quarter 4, Winter 2006. As in Spring = Quarter 1, Summer = Q2, Fall = Q3, and Winter = Q4.

The only misconeption here is the interchanging of the seasons with the quarters of the year, can we agree on that?

Team: Outsourced Mutiny lostinseganet's Avatar
    Lost somewhere between seganet and the grave

I guess the more we wait the better the game will be. Will The game have 66 players that I have read about a long while ago or will it at least be 16?
    You need good D...!? Well so do I!
    PSO 2 + D.D.R.♪, Playable Instruments, AND karaoke! Think of the Competitive Anime Conventions!Dreamcast was art, and like art it was not appreciated until it was DEAD
    I like teh magics in my melee. Not teh melee in ma magics (^_0),
    Lostinseganet: Self proclaimed Melee FOrce!