Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Development of the game seems to be going at the same pace as the original PSO and Episode I&II, there's no way it's going to be end of 2006. As others have said winter also means January/February.

It will be the highlight of Sega's booth at the Tokyo Game Show in Japan in September, and then probably follow the original PSO's release dates of December in Japan and end of January/February in the US.

It's going to be torture the gap between the Japanese and US releases, knowing people are already playing it! If the Japanese version has multi-language support like the original PSO and Episode I&II I will probably go for that

Word Select kicked ass. Hope it comes back.

Just watched the short trailer that they released at the PlayStation Meeting in Japan a few days ago, and it's completely in English. Both the cut-scenes and in-game weapon names.

Can't draw any firm conclusions from that, but it does suggest that the whole game is already translated like the original PSO and Episode I&II and that you'll be able to choose English in the option screen.

So 1) that means we might be able to play it as early if we get the Japanese version and 2) the gap between the Japanese and US/Europe releases will be very short as no translation has to be done, which makes December in Japan and February in the US more likely.

Just know this:

Once it gets its ESRB rating, the game is practically done.

And it can happen months in advance. That means the game is done and they're pretty much taking out the kinks from the online stuff.