Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I just got a message from my bank telling me that my Debit card had to be replaced due to someone hacking into a processing thing, and I recently heard that the Sega Billing Server might have been the cause.

I must not be the only one affected by this, so does anyone have any more info about this?

Edit: I can't believe it, I posted in the wrong forum...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Getintothegame on 2005-06-29 20:06 ]</font>

Yep, and guess who did the hacking. Bad olde Broomop, or at least he claims it but i guess this proves it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jonathan_F on 2005-06-29 21:26 ]</font>

Heh. Bad move by him then. can't wait to see what happens this time.

Whoever it is, they're welcome to mine - it's only an Electron card, and there's sod-all in the account.

Doing Fsod and corruption is one thing but messing with money and debit cards, thats another subject, and he is going to be caught sooner or later for that.

(optional)

I'm going to let my HL rest for a while though... (My brother is going to be pissed when something happens, and I'll have to pay >_<)

Edit: My first sentance was taken seriously (My fault, FKL habit and fogot some kind of sign...) and is now removed. I'll go back to PSO now.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garm on 2005-06-30 07:16 ]</font>

has anyone else recieved a statement or noticed something wrong?

On 2005-06-30 05:22, Garm wrote:
    Nah he works for Sega...
    doesnt matter, he could work for the pentagon but hacking banks accounts its totally illegal, and there is no excuse for it, if thats the case.

Pink Haired Gothic Lolita Arislan's Avatar

He works for Sega? The guy who hacked the Billing Server, or Broom? Cause if you think Broom works for Sega, you're on crack. If you say the guy that hacked the billing server works fo Sega, where'd you get your info? And even if he does work for Sega, unless it's an internal security test, it would be the same as if the person doing the hacking did not work for the company. And if it was an internal security test, why did news leak?

Bottom line for me is, I don't think Broom did anything. I don't think anyone did anything. This reminds me a lot of the iRO hacking incident when the account DB was snagged (not hacked, the person literally took and imported the account SQL DB.) Since people's accounts were sabotaged by this guy, everyone assumed the CC's had been hacked too, which they hadn't. Until we see something from Sega saying "Oh shit, guys, check for fraud" (which the most DEFINITELY will do if they were in fact hacked), I'm calling BS on the whole thing.

i totally agreed with that.