Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Yes, but the whole point of the sticky is so people don't have to repeat themselves over and over again.

Seriously, there's been so many SJS/Para Gene Flow topics that it's got beyond a joke.

Ketchup's sticky is a great source (sauce? ) of information for people inquiring about these items, but it's amazing how many people must not look at it.

HUnewearl power since 2003. NGS Official Creator (SectionSkyly)

Not to mention that server space is limited, or so I would imagine. On some message boards, pages will be bumped off of the server completely once the max amount has been achieved. So stickies ARE the best solution, however I myself pay them no attention, so I see both sides of this.

Not to mention that I've been in some heat with Lolipoplolita before that ended rather poorly.

Yes, some people here can actually be complete and utter pricks, but others can be very encouraging and helpful. Same for the rules, some seem inane, but others make complete sense. It's best for people to not comment to new people about "OMG REED TEH STIKCEEZ!!1", because while there is seniority and wisdom there, it's also flamebaiting in a sense. Just ignore them or gently, VERY gently point them in the direction they need to go. Let the mods be the ones to be mean if necessary, they're the ones that have to be responsible for that stuff anyway. Regular members? Just play nice.

Pink Haired Gothic Lolita Arislan's Avatar

Ok, I just got flamed? Wow, I honestly think that's a first. And I wasn't even aware I owned a horse, much less a high one.

The topic title was created in response to seeing *7* threads in the top page of cheaters/general/MSQID all at once. I can understand people not reading stickies, or just wanting instant gratification, and posting, but that's just stupid. Adding it to the item database means that anyone asking will get a "Read the Item Database" and a link to the item in question, as opposed to the long conversations that always follow.

/edit
    I'll edit in your changes when I'm not siting in a Net Cafe with 3 minutes of time left, Ketchup.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Arislan on 2005-07-08 18:25 ]</font>

On 2005-07-08 06:41, rebel6 wrote:
    this refers to earlier posts in this thread. i just felt the need cause im sick of ppl complaining about repeated posts. theyre making it sound like such a strain to type a simple answer to a common question.
    When it's about a topic that is repeated way more than it should be, moves other threads on to the 2nd page due to multiple threads on the same repeated topic, gets answered 3-4 times a day, .... I think something has to be done... Ketchup made this really nice sticky and like.... it's invisible... >_> I still think it needs flashy-disco lights and stuffs....but, whatever, point is, as many have said, enough is enough. I mean I totally get what your saying, a common question... shouldn't be a big deal to answer right? But... when people (particulary mods and those who are always helping out here answering questions) have to see these topics daily... answer and lock them... I think it pulls a few nerves here and there >_> so Ketchup had the brilliant idea to make a Vaccine for this common cold... instead of having to treat so many people with Antidotes. (shut up ... you get my drift <_< ) If it were a topic that comes up every once in a while... and we give them the answer with a guide, most people just respond by giving them the guide, tell them to check the guides more often to help them out, and life goes on merrily >_>.