Alright, this morning I was able to persaude my dad to purchase a second ISP to get my gamecube online . We ordered one month of BasicISP.net, which I looked up and found to be a pretty decent isp. So we set everything up, seemed to go fine, and put in everything for the network setup.

Now for the bad part - everytime I try to connect so I can but my HL on the website, it claims I can't connect to the game server . I must've tried connecting 10 times at least.

I'm wondering if the isp I bought doesn't work with PSO, or if I'm somehow messing up something in my network settings. I also recieved a message that the PSO servers may be down for GC, but I would have seen that message somewhere on pso-world. Any help would be wonderful, seeing as I've wanted online for 2 years and now my final attempt is fucking up. Maybe if Violet could help me out...

Anyways, somebody please respond to this. Thanks a bunch.

I looked them up and I see that its dialup but I wasn't able to find out whether or not they support DUN (dial up networking) or not. So I guess my first question is, do they require that you use proprietary software to connect? It sounds to me like it probably does support DUN and that their software simply automatically configures a dialup connection for you.

Although I have cable and a BBA, I also own the modem adapter, but its been well over 2 years since I've used it for anything and I don't have a dialup account so I won't be able to test anything out but I can look through the various fields to get an idea of what the NETWORK OPTIONS ask for.

OK update I called their 800 number was told that they DO support DUN so you should be good to go in that respect.

In going through the NETWORK OPTIONS setup I see that the first field is ISP (which you can enter in whatever you want, since it won't really make a bit of difference.) Next screen is for How to Dial, so I'm assuming you have it set to TONE (default). I'll also assume you don't need to enter in an OUTSIDE LINE number.

For the USERID you need to use the following format: [email protected]

For password: just enter in the password you chose (or that they gave you) when you signed up. For phone number use the local access number(s) for your area.

Leave DNS server address to automatic.

Leave the Proxy server address fields blank.

That should be it. If you have problems trying to get to the website through your GC you may want to try getting your HL HERE.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2005-07-07 12:17 ]</font>

Yes, Troy comes through again! Thanks man, I knew you'd have some advice but I didn't actually think you'd go through all that work for me . I'll try changing my username asap, and I'll come back and update this post. Thanks a ton.

Off topic - I still may be getting DSL, but my dad says it won't be for a months at least. So I'll still be using all those tips you gave me Troy .

Update - Goddamn. There must be something wrong with me . It's still doing the same exact thing as before, where a message comes up after it tries logging in saying "Cannot connect to the Game Server".

There must still be something wrong with my user id/password, but I've tried everything I can think of. This could so easily be in Rants right now. I'm so pissed I could put my hand through my TV...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jive18 on 2005-07-07 16:27 ]</font>

Have you tried using it with your pc to see if the username and password works for that? Also try calling 800-445-3717 to make sure that your account was setup correctly and that everything is ok on their end.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2005-07-07 17:17 ]</font>

Yeah, even before I tried on the GC at all my dad used BasicISP to go on the internet, so it's all good there. I guess I'll try the number, hopefully I'll figure out something.

Update - Ok I called BasicISP and the woman directed me to Copper.net (your link Troy). The man I talked to told me he couldn't help with any problems involving a Gamecube, so I'm still drawing a blank for fixing what's wrong.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jive18 on 2005-07-07 17:34 ]</font>

Hmmmm. Seeing as how this is dialup and the ISP supports DUN, I'm afraid I'm drawing a blank as to what it could be. At least with Broadband there can be a host of other issues that could stop you from connecting. If the username and password are correct for your account (and obviously they are if your dad is able to connect using the pc) and the other fields are either set to automatic or left blank, then I'm not sure atm what it could be. Why did they direct you to copper.net, are they an affliate of some sort? Anyway I'll think about it abit more and see if anything pops into my head. Maybe someone else can share some ideas as to what you can try.

BTW are you able to use the GC to get to the PSO site using the WEBSITE option?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2005-07-07 20:34 ]</font>

Apparently Copper.net and BasicISP.net are affiliates of some sort, otherwise it wouldn't make sense for me to be directed from one to another.

As for reaching the website from the Gamecube, that's actually what I've been trying to get to in the midst of this issue connecting to the game server.

Anyway, thanks for all your suggestions so far Troy, I don't know if you want me to PM you or not (more in depth discussion maybe?). Otherwise, some other outside advice would be great, if anyone else wants to share any more ideas.