Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

If you do not know what a G.E.D. is, please go here.

Background story:

I dropped out of highschool after Junior year (11th Grade). A lot of people are confused as to why I would do it, I would simply respond by telling them I was sick of the repeated cycle of crap I was put through every day. It wasn't the students, it wasn't the teachers, it wasn't my friends or family. I needed time to myself, to reflect on my life up to that point, and do it alone. All teenagers experience this in their own way, and I happen to want to do it isolated from the rest of my peers. My parents were reluctant, but they couldn't do anything but agree. I was 18 and could make my own decisions.

As time passed, and I gained access to the internet, I had doomed myself into a downward spiral of nothingness, sitting at the computer, endlessly wasting my time away. No job, no driver's license, no car. Nothing. I was a waste, and as this information slowly leaked out to peopel who knew me, many of them chose to put me down, to haunt me and hound me about it, using it as a weapon against my "egotistical persona". It didn't bother me as much as some might think, as time continued to pass.

A couple months ago, I moved in with my cousin. He was slowly losing his house and I was going to help him. Within a week, I got my state ID, and registered to take the G.E.D. test, and 2 weeks after registry, I took the 10 hour long, 5 part, G.E.D. test. It started at 8:00 in the morning, I had to get to the testing center at 7:45 to be counted. We were given 10 minunte breaks between tests, except for a midday lunch of 30 minutes. At 6pm, I walked out of the testing center and caught my ride home.

2 and a half weeks after that, which is today, I recieved my G.E.D. certificate and my testing scores.

Needless to say, I am very proud of myself, as is my cousin, mother, and girlfriend. They were the only ones that knew of what I was doing, and all have been curious to how I did, even though I was very confident with myself.

Today marks the first day of the rest of my life.

EDIT: I'll add information about the tests in a bit.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Skorpius on 2005-07-08 13:28 ]</font>

Dancing Blades, Whirling Whips Maridia's Avatar

OH MY GOD 99% in math ;O Now I'm afraid you're too smart for me. <_<

But of course I'm proud of you. Now that you have that, your choices have opened up. Things can only go up from here. You know I'm with you all the way, so go get a job and uh.. buy me stuff! XP Or use it for important things, which would be better. <_<

Awesome scores, Steve. You rock, and I love you. <3

edit: lol, 69

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Maridia on 2005-07-08 13:37 ]</font>

MathS[i][u] is easy!Differentiation, integration, itteration, and lots of words ending in -tion

Awesome job Skorp. I'm really happy for you after all the turmoil it seems you've faced. Congrats, and I hope the rest of your life is as successful as your test scores .

Awesome Skorp!

Congratulations, man.

Mathmatic experts were never good writers...

Anyway congrats. And all that jazz.

"It looks cool this way, let's stop."

Interpreting your GED Test results:
    Results of each of the five GED tests are given as standard scores ranging from 200-800 and percentile ranks ranging from 1-99. Higher scores result from correctly answering more test questions. Both scores compare your results to those for a recent representative national sample of high school seniors. The percentile rank shows the percentage of the graduating seniors who earned scores art or below the GED candidate (which would be me).

The passing standard for the 2002 Series GED Tests (the current standard of GED testing) is a minimum of 410 on each of the five tests AND a total standard score of 2,250 (an average score of 450 on each test). Adults who pass the GED Tests earn scores thjat meet or exceed the performance of that demonstrated by 4 of every 10 traditional high school graduates. Candidates who do not pass can retake the GED Tests in order to raise their scores.

This is the test schedual I had for the day.

----------

I didn't struggle with the tests, I answered what came to mind and what I thought was correct for each answer. I could never get sentence structure down, and my spelling isn't that great, but whatever. It's true that I hate writing because my abilities in it aren't as wide as, say, my visiual aspects and whatnot (<- perfect example of a writing fart). I'm going to go skip around all happy and shit and then go back to normal. Thanks for the 'grats' everyone.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Skorpius on 2005-07-08 13:53 ]</font>

GO TO HELL C:

*waves pom-poms* Good job, Skorp!

Congrats Skorpius!! Thats great to see people accomplish things like that and start taking control of their lives. I wish you the best in the future

congrats skorp. i went through a downward spiral in high school due to the fact that i went to school in mahatten ny. i put myself in such a whole when i moved to jersey that i need to average a 85 and up on my finals to graduate. it was tough but i did it. the moral is that people make mistakes or go through a rough stretch in thei lives. what makes people better in life is finding a way through the tough times and making it out on top. so to you congrats again and go to college eventually and see where it goes from there.