Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

It'd be nice if they could do like Guild Wars (I think that was it? - Haven't played it myself.) and have there not be a monthly fee at all. Understandable though with server costs that.. not everyone can do that : /

I'd rather pay $100 for a game upfront than have to pay a monthly fee.. But then the price to pay monthly'd add up to well over $100 before too long, no?

Ah well.

To have no monthly fees like Guild Wars, they would need to release expansions every now and then to make money like Guild Wars is doing. However, looking back at PSO through the years, they'll probably do that anyway (DC, DC Ver2, Ep1&2, Ep1&2+, Ep3, JP BB, US BB).

Well... World of Warcraft also gets expansion... so there you pay for both... expansions and monthly fee...
    BUT Guild Wars and Wolrd of Warcraft are a little bit different in Guild Wars you enter a certain terrain with a group of people and until you don't get back to town you will stay with those people and don't meet other people... whereas for World of Warcraft this is different...
    of course the Guild Wars concept doesn't need that much server costs than the World of Warcraft concept...
    PSO at least was more like Guild Wars and should have been free... I think PSU is more like World of Warcraft , isn't it? But well: it has a big difference... PSU has also offline gameplay...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ghost_zero on 2005-07-21 12:04 ]</font>

Well it has not been stated what the size of your group will be, if you watched one of those PS2 IGN videos, I think there was a part that looked like a lobby and a char was walking around bumping into people, now I could be wrong and that could just be like a town centre/shopping area but it looked like a lobby IMO....and if that is true, expect to see group sizes at maybe 8 or so like GW's max is, if not, maybe each world/game will be inhabited by like 54/64+ players per game created.

I would love it if it was like GW, that way, through releasing expansions every so often, they could fix coding errors and block out other stuff like V2 did with gameshark users, that and we will know that the "claimed" weekly updates thing isn't going to be a big load of ****, because they decided not to support (not 100% sure) the PS2 HDD, it can only go so far just off of DVD-Rom info.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: kazuma56 on 2005-07-22 01:33 ]</font>

If there were no monthly fees then no one would ever update anything on it. With saying that, no one would try to stop anyone from hacking it. No monthly fees means all hell will break loose in PSU which is what happened in a very crappy online community called graal. For the love of God dont play it.

Guild Wars gets updated nearly weekly and has NO monthly fees and it also soon gets new territories...

It just depends on what the company is making of it...

Anyway I will sure buy PSU but if it will have monthly fee I will probably never or only a few times play it online... which also depends on the payment methods because I don't have a credit card (which is normal for Europeans, at least in Austria)...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ghost_zero on 2005-07-31 14:23 ]</font>

On 2005-07-31 14:21, ghost_zero wrote:
    Guild Wars gets updated nearly weekly and has NO monthly fees and it also soon gets new territories...
    And the botters, scammers, and cheaters are actually IP/account banned, not just given a 24 time-out and told not to do it again.

On 2005-07-31 14:21, ghost_zero wrote:
    It just depends on what the company is making of it...
    We're screwed.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cynric on 2005-07-31 17:07 ]</font>

techn0rganic

I bet it'll cost about 2 hours work minimum wage, cept I have to work 30 horus a week, soooo. goodbye sleep! XD